Sams vs Westbrooks?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I believe that he is deemed significantly better than Sam and Westbrooks. The man has played almost 800 snaps in two years. To believe that the coaches would dump him to keep two camp players who flash a play or two in against the 3rd stringers isn't really being realistic IMO. Why would he play so much if he sucks?

Didn't say he sucks.
A 5 year veteran should be better than rookies NOW.
Sims played those snaps because he was a backup DE on an active roster w/ a heavy DLine rotation.

And while Sam & Westbrooks seemed to have made more plays in one preseason game vs. 3rd stringers than I recall Sims making when he started out, upside cannot be ignored when completing a roster. Am I saying that Sam & Westbrooks definitely have that upside? No. But, if the Rams believe that they do, then it makes sense to me that Sims should have to be significantly better that both to be considered a roster lock. That's all.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Didn't say he sucks.
A 5 year veteran should be better than rookies NOW.
Sims played those snaps because he was a backup DE on an active roster w/ a heavy DLine rotation.

And while Sam & Westbrooks seemed to have made more plays in one preseason game vs. 3rd stringers than I recall Sims making when he started out, upside cannot be ignored when completing a roster. Am I saying that Sam & Westbrooks definitely have that upside? No. But, if the Rams believe that they do, then it makes sense to me that Sims should have to be significantly better that both to be considered a roster lock. That's all.
I agree. But I believe that he is better than both, and he isn't a old player. That's why I think he's a lock. I believe that the upside to both Sam and Westbrooks is a little exaggerated right now. Kind of reminds me of the Austin Davis hype of before.