Sam's injury - update anyone?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Hi all, I love the debates on who's going to be making the team, who's going to be our starting line etc, but does anyone out there have any tangible updates on Sam?

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I read a post somewhere in here about a week ago.
It said Bradford was doing good very well. I think he was at rams park working out.
It sounded like he would definitely be ready for the start of the season, maybe even training in camp.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Hi all, I love the debates on who's going to be making the team, who's going to be our starting line etc, but does anyone out there have any tangible updates on Sam?

Hopefully @CoachO can clear this up, but at the pre-draft event Snead said that Sam was running and throwing. Which is a really good sign.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Hopefully @CoachO can clear this up, but at the pre-draft event Snead said that Sam was running and throwing. Which is a really good sign.

Reports continue to come in from T. Softli and others, than Bradford is progressing quite well in his rehab. He is throwing, running, working on his drops, rollouts, etc.

While I suspect they will not push him to quick, there has been talk that he will participate in OTAs on a limited basis. And since the first full squad OTA is scheduled to stat tomorrow, I would imagine we will hear something concrete soon.

Last edited:

FRO

Legend
Reports continue to come in from T. Softli and others, than Bradford is progressing quite well in his rehab. He is throwing, running, working on his drops, rollouts, etc.

While I suspect they will not push him to quick, there has been talk that he will participate in OTAs on a limited basis. And since the first full squad OTS is scheduled to stat tomorrow, I would imagine we will hear something concrete soon.
I think Softli said Sam will get the majority of reps in OTAs.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks guys - lets hope he hits the field and has a stellar year...

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

Sam Bradford will be ready for OTAs, Jake Long won’t
Posted by Darin Gantt on June 4, 2014

bradford.jpg
AP

When the Rams begin the on-field portion of their OTAs next week, they’re going to have one of their offseason’s biggest question marks on the field, but not the other.

According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, quarterback Sam Bradford will be ready to return, but left tackle Jake Long will not.

Both are coming off knee surgery, and both are expected to be there for the start of the regular season.

Bradford’s torn ACL came in late October, while Long’s was in December, making his delayed timetable reasonable.

The Rams used the second pick in the NFL Draft on Auburn tackle Greg Robinson, which indicates they were thinking about life after Long anyway.

But Bradford’s return is worth watching, as they try to figure out what to do with him in the future. They’ve committed to him as a starter, and didn’t draft someone to push him, so now the only question is what to do about his contract.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
He was jogging a month ago if I remember right. Still projects to be ready for training camp as far as I know.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
I hope Sam keeps the beard. Without it, he seems too fresh faced for me (a weathered looking 32 year old who's been going bald since he was 16)

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bradfor sounds to be on track... not so sure about Long.

nighttrain

Legend
Sam Bradford will be ready for OTAs, Jake Long won’t
Posted by Darin Gantt on June 4, 2014

bradford.jpg
AP

When the Rams begin the on-field portion of their OTAs next week, they’re going to have one of their offseason’s biggest question marks on the field, but not the other.

According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, quarterback Sam Bradford will be ready to return, but left tackle Jake Long will not.

Both are coming off knee surgery, and both are expected to be there for the start of the regular season.

Bradford’s torn ACL came in late October, while Long’s was in December, making his delayed timetable reasonable.

The Rams used the second pick in the NFL Draft on Auburn tackle Greg Robinson, which indicates they were thinking about life after Long anyway.

But Bradford’s return is worth watching, as they try to figure out what to do with him in the future. They’ve committed to him as a starter, and didn’t draft someone to push him, so now the only question is what to do about his contract.
When SB was drafted looked like a fresh faced kid, now he looks the part of a confident man, ala KW
train

FRO

Legend
Is just hope Sam comes back in 2013 form. He was on track for a good year and probably a contract extension.

Ramatik

Starter
Jeff Fisher was on NFL A.M. this morn and said that Braford was participating. He was throwing, but wasn't doing the entire practice and that they were keeping bodies away from him. He is ahead of schedule, he's looking good and Fish is absolutely positive Bradford will be ready for opening day.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Long has been down this road before, he's going to get the "Vet skip camp" card. Probably see him suit up for a couple snaps in the final game and not much prior