Sam's best TE so far?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Best TE?

• Jermaine Gresham

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • Jared Cook

Votes: 31 50.8%
  • Cory Harkey

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Lance Kendricks

Votes: 19 31.1%
  • Michael Hoomanawanui

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Daniel Fells

Votes: 2 3.3%

• Total voters

TommerK

Rockin' Rams Fan
Name
Tom
Had to go with Kendricks based on longevity, and since he was basically the 6th O-lineman in 2012 when the O-line was horrible. He's made some key catches for first downs, and has been pretty solid in his years here. Not spectacular, but solid.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
People pay so much attention to the receptions, but to me Cook is more of a slot receiver than a tight end.

To really create those match up issues, he has to be a threat to run block pass block and catch.

From Sam's perspective, you have to even wonder if he would rather have two Kendricks over the Kendricks and Cook combination.

We do have slot receivers that are better all around than Cook.

I hope his blocking improves, I really really do, because that would make us unpredictable in the worst way.

I think the TE has changed more than any other position, except FB which is becoming extinct, because of the recent rules changes that have opened up the passing game.

The prototype TE used to be a guy who could play with his hand on the ground on the line,and kick out to run block, and catch some passes in the middle of the field. The game has changed and that position has really changed with it. Now we see guys lined up off the edge more than they are lined up in the "normal" TE spot. The rules changes have made the TE a top weapon, and if you have one who is fast it's very difficult for the defense. In a lot of offenses it's a pivot point. Look at NO and NE for examples.

This position, and how much it pays LOL, is not at all what it used to be. These aren't our father's TE's anymore in other words. I just took a quick look and 7 of the top 40 recievers were TE's. That says it all.

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
Kendricks is probably the best run blocking TE and Cook is probably the best receiving TE (although it may be a toss up with Gresham, but we'd be talking core Gresham vs NFL Cook, no?), IMO.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Kendricks is probably the best run blocking TE and Cook is probably the best receiving TE (although it may be a toss up with Gresham, but we'd be talking core Gresham vs NFL Cook, no?), IMO.

You can use whatever criteria you want, only rule is you can't project out into the future. For example Amendola in the WR poll, some people will vote for him because when healthy he was probably Sam's best WR, some will not vote for him because he was never healthy.