Sam's best TE so far?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Best TE?

• Jermaine Gresham

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • Jared Cook

Votes: 31 50.8%
  • Cory Harkey

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Lance Kendricks

Votes: 19 31.1%
  • Michael Hoomanawanui

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Daniel Fells

Votes: 2 3.3%

• Total voters

FRO

Legend
Then I'd take a healthy Michael Hoomanawanui.

But, back to Kendricks. He looks like he gets slower and slower everytime I see him play. Of course, they rarely let him go down the field so........
Remember that Tampa Bay TD in 2012? That was painfully slow. Hoomanawanui was good when out there. Always hurt.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Cook just had the best year by a Rams TE, ever. With a backup throwing to him.

He's the runaway winner for a reason, he's going to do more this year.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I have to go with Cook best stats for a Ram TE ever Kendricks a close second. I remember Kendricks getting criticism for his drops and poor blocking his first two years.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I have to go with Cook best stats for a Ram TE ever Kendricks a close second. I remember Kendricks getting criticism for his drops and poor blocking his first two years.

Exactly! How can you vote against a record breaking TE despite his questionable past? Cook it is.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I voted Kendricks cuz Jimmy Graham doesn't consider Cook a tight end, and FWIW Cook argued he wasn't when he was negotiating with the Titans.
Can't get my vote unless you do ALL the things a tight end does, blocking among 'em

SierraRam

Recreational User
That's hard to judge since they were going against college (inferior) defenders.

Not really. Kendricks is solid and Cook has that high potentail thing, but Gresham, IMO, is the Best TE Sam's played with at any point in his career, so far...

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Fendi Onobun
OPGqXnU.gif

Release the Onobun!

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I have a man-crush on kendricks and the way he approaches the game, so I've gone for him

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
Cook if it is purely about receiving skills, but Kendricks is a more complete TE. He can block much better than Cook.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Then I'd take a healthy Michael Hoomanawanui.

But, back to Kendricks. He looks like he gets slower and slower everytime I see him play. Of course, they rarely let him go down the field so........

I agree Memphis Lance does seem to be a bit slow. Looks now to have been a bit of a reach in the second round #47 in 2011. In 2012 Ashon Jeffery WR & Booby Wagner Lb went off the board @ the same time, in 2010 Daryl Washington ILB & Lamarr Houston DE went off the board in the same spot. All of those are impact players. I still believe that Lance can play a vital role in this offense.

http://www.nfl.com/player/lancekendricks/2495187/combine

Kendricks is quick of the ball and gets a good outside release. He is athletic enough to separate from linebackers on underneath routes and has the top end speed to stretch the field down the seam. Runs good routes and finds soft spots in zone coverage. Fluid and slippery runner after the catch. Willing run blocker.
Lacks prototypical size and bulk and rarely sustains blocks. Struggles to release off the line when engaged with a linebacker. Has inconsistent hands and drops too many catchable balls. Does not consistently secure the ball and at times will have alligator arms on crossing routes. Upright runner who will not break any tackles at the next level.

Pick Analysis: Kendricks is an interesting prospect because the H-Back/Tight End hybrid has become a valuable commodity in today's NFL. He was very productive as a senior and he possesses the speed and athleticism to be a weapon down the seam at the next level. He will have to work on his ball skills and field awareness, but he appears to have a good work ethic. His size prevents him from being an in-line blocker, but he should be able to contribute as a situational receiving tight end in the spread. Overall, Kendricks looks to be a middle round pick.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When was Gresham a Ram? Did I miss something?
Cook may have disappointed with lack of consistency but he did lead the team in just about every receiving category

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I think Lance Kendricks contributions to this team are underrated, but I voted for the guy who set the St. Louis Rams TE receiving records in his first season here.

SierraRam

Recreational User
When was Gresham a Ram? Did I miss something?
Cook may have disappointed with lack of consistency but he did lead the team in just about every receiving category

He's a Bengal, but he played with Sam in college. I thought the question pertained to any TE Sam played with. Cook will likely surpass Gresham before its all said and done, but so far, Gresham has been the better player IMO.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
People pay so much attention to the receptions, but to me Cook is more of a slot receiver than a tight end.

To really create those match up issues, he has to be a threat to run block pass block and catch.

From Sam's perspective, you have to even wonder if he would rather have two Kendricks over the Kendricks and Cook combination.

We do have slot receivers that are better all around than Cook.

I hope his blocking improves, I really really do, because that would make us unpredictable in the worst way.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's a Bengal, but he played with Sam in college. I thought the question pertained to any TE Sam played with. Cook will likely surpass Gresham before its all said and done, but so far, Gresham has been the better player IMO.
Oh ok. Got it.
Is have to re-think my answer about best Wr then. Juaquin Iglesias and Ryan Broyles should be on that list over some of the other guys