Sam's best O line so far?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Pick 5 different players (one from each position):

Note I've included any player who has started on the O line for the Rams since 2012, there could be a player or two who has started in a game Sam didn't start. All positions are according to Pro-Football-Reference.com (which lists Shelley Smith as a LG/RG/WR so apologies for any inaccuracies)

LT:
Joe Barksdale
Wayne Hunter
Adam Goldberg
Mark LeVoir
Jake Long
Rodger Saffold
Trent Williams

LG:
Jacob Bell
Jason Brown
Quinn Ojinnaka
Shelley Smith
Robert Turner
Chris Williams

C:
Tim Barnes
Jason Brown
Robert Turner
Scott Wells
Tony Wragge

RG:
Jason Brown
Harvey Dahl
Adam Goldberg
Bryan Mattison
Rodger Saffold
Shelley Smith

RT:
Joe Barksdale
Renardo Foster
Adam Goldberg
Phil Loadholt
Barry Richardson
Rodger Saffold
Jason Smith

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Me:

Jake Long - was a toss up with Trent Williams, went with Long due simply to them playing as pros.
Jacob Bell - Wow talk about a big pile of suck at a position, Bell was passable in 2010, which is more than can be said about the rest.
Scott Wells - Would be an easy winner if he could stay healthy, but health didn't stop Amendola form winning the WR poll.
Rodger Saffold - Was a toss up with Dahl, Dahl had the experience but I had to include Saffold somewhere on the line.
Phil Loadholt - Rated out as a +25 by PFF last season and the best player on the 6th best O line.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Phil Loadholt and Trent Williams have never been played for the Rams. I would remove them from the list. Otherwise, my lineup would this:
LT- Jake Long
LG- Robert Turner
C- Scott Wells
RG- Roger Saffold
RT- Joe Barksdale

There's just such a huge gap of talent between this years group and the other years. If Greg Robinson was included I would just go with this years Oline.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Best OL starting unit thus far? 2014 should be the best yet but not by a wide margin.

The 2014 version OL must overcome one big hurdle ......injuries!

The biggest upgrade in starters should come to the OLG post. If Robinson is what we all believe he is the OLG post will be highly improved. The ORT starter should be as good or even slightly improved from the 2013 version. The OC/ORG starting posts should be the same or slightly better as they were @ times in 2013. The OLT starting post will be hard pressed to be as good as last yr IMO.

We could look deeper here ....The 2013 version had five OG's Williams & Dahl as starters with Smith, Washington & Person in relief. The 2014 version has a few more in the mix. Saffold & Robinson as starters with Joseph, Person, Washington & Jones so the OG reliefs is much improved & very solid looking.

The 2013 version had three OC's Wells,Barnes & Jones. The 2014 version has four with the addition of Rhaney looks much stronger in relief.

OL'ers in play the 2013 version had four good OT's on the roster...Long & Saffold as starters & Barksdale & Williams (who was the starter @ OLG) as the 3rd & 4th OT. Currently Rams have Long & Barksdale as starters with Hooey, Bond & Van Dyk in relief? Starting OG's may be considered in this equation but OL shifting not a good thing. The 2014 version reliefs @ OT is not as good.

The extra beefed up interior OL relievers should fill in nicely so the weak OT back up contingent could beef from this area to the OT posts. In conclusion I would claim the entire OL contingent is better if it remains healthy.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
LT:
Adam Goldberg

LG:
Chris Williams
C:
Tony Wragge

RG:
Jason Brown

RT:
Jason Smith

(just kidding)

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm sorry I've got to take your first answer :sneaky:.

Kidding aside, I think this year's line has the potential to be the best in years... lots of years.

Keys:
1] Health
2] Prompt return of Long to the starting line-up (and, see #1 above)
3] Robinson making a smaooth transition to the pro game (especially pass protect)

Those things happen and Bradford should have the time to make the plays we all are hoping for.

Kidding aside, I think this year's line has the potential to be the best in years... lots of years.

Keys:
1] Health
2] Prompt return of Long to the starting line-up (and, see #1 above)
3] Robinson making a smaooth transition to the pro game (especially pass protect)

Those things happen and Bradford should have the time to make the plays we all are hoping for.

I agree, if they can play all 16 games together it's going to be the best by a ridiculous margin. But it still doesn't answer the question :mad::p.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree, if they can play all 16 games together it's going to be the best by a ridiculous margin. But it still doesn't answer the question :mad::p.

I guess I'm not concerned about going backward... only forward. ;)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I assume Williams and Loadholt are on there because of Oklahoma? Being the obnoxiously anal MFer that I am, technically, Loadholt never played RT at OU. ;)

So I'd go:
LT: Jake Long
LG: Jacob Bell(probably the lesser of all the many evils)
C: Scott Wells
RG: Rodger Saffold
RT: Trent Williams

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Most of the choices make me sad. But I guess I can manage to field a semi-decent line here.

LG: Jacob Bell

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Well I feel dumb now. I didn't know we were talking about guys he played with at Oklahoma :censored:

I assume Williams and Loadholt are on there because of Oklahoma? Being the obnoxiously anal MFer that I am, technically, Loadholt never played RT at OU. ;)

So I'd go:
LG: Jacob Bell(probably the lesser of all the many evils)

The problem with becoming a college football fan in 2009 I guess. You're just lucky I didn't list Shelly Smith as an option in the WR thread ;).

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
The thing that really jumps out at you is how poor the interior options are. The best guy on the lists of guards and centers, Saffold, played what, 6 games there last season? I'm hopeful Wells will be healthy this year. That said:

LT - Long (probably a no-brainer, considering Trent was in college, unless we're extrapolating Redskins Trent).
LG - Ugh. Turner, I guess.
C - Wells, but plan a good backup.
RG - Saffold.
RT - Barksdale.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am gonna cheat. I like the line THIS year. Sam will hopefully have hos best year as a Pro. (and Stacy, too!)

So the Sam Bradford All Stars are close to complete, do I need to run a poll on RB (Jackson vs Stacy vs Murray) or should I just go ahead and pen in SJ?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
So the Sam Bradford All Stars are close to complete, do I need to run a poll on RB (Jackson vs Stacy vs Murray) or should I just go ahead and pen in SJ?
And not give Keith Toston his fair shake?

The nerve of you...