1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sammy Watkins - Rams Top Choice?

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by paceram, Apr 17, 2014.

1. A55VA6 Shutdown Corner

Not bad man. I like the lists. We seem to be interested in the same players other than Matthews and Lewan. But I will say if we traded down to the 8-10 range and Matthews was there and we still had the 13th pick, I suppose I wouldn't mind grabbing him depending on who is still on the board. Definitely don't want him at 2 though.

Alan likes this.
  2. LesBaker Mr. Savant

I'm not a college football guy but I have seen one or two people say that exact same thing. Why do you think he is a better choice?

3. Memphis Ram Well-Known Member

1. Clowney
    2a. Matthews
    2b. Robinson
    3. Mack
    4. Evans
    5. Dennard

4. A55VA6 Shutdown Corner

One thing I love about Evans is he uses his size and has the ability to bring in tough jump balls that most WR's and even TE's can't.

NJRamsFan likes this.
  5. tbux Well-Known Member

I can see where you are coming from- I just dont think he is as good a player at the end of the day. I can see him being a productive player esp in the red zone- but I dont think he has the all around game Sammy does.

NJRamsFan likes this.
  6. NJRamsFan Cocaine Cowboy

I really started to fall in love with Evans for a number of reasons. The first is his size and leaping ability, he seems to always be open regardless of where the defender is positioned just because his physical stature is so imposing. Evans has fantastic hands and is a dominant red zone threat with his uncanny body control, size, and leaping ability, he uses his size to shield defenders so they cant make a play on the ball and routinely makes contested catches look easy, he tends to really bully Dbacks. For these reasons he is a a fantastic third down option (something we desperately need). He's deceptively fast, enough so to consistently get separation and is a great YAC option.

Id recommend watching some tape on him if you haven't done so, its definitely worthwhile

7. Alan Well-Known Member

I made a mistake with my first group. I meant to put Lewan as my third choice with no trade at #2. I would never pick Ha-Ha that high.

I hope that doesn't mean you hate my picks now. :LOL:

8. NJRamsFan Cocaine Cowboy

Exactly, he lacks some quickness and speed that a guy like Watkins has, but IMO more than makes up for it with his size and body control

tbux likes this.
  9. NJRamsFan Cocaine Cowboy

Thats completely fair because at the end of the day who knows. If you havent had a chance to watch a lot of tape on Evans you should check it out, he might sway you on his upside a little

10. tbux Well-Known Member

I honestly dont sit and watch tape- I am the casual fan that watches a ton of college FB- esp Fla teams and Sec- of course other games as well, but mostly Fla teams and SEC. I do play close attention to players Iknow will be entering the draft. I probably watched 15 of Evans' games and what concerns me a bit is that he is easy to cover unless plays breakdown and JM can scramble away. He is however awesome in the red zone. But I have seen him seemingly shut down by some of the good corners. I havent seen SW shut down- even with a lesser offense and QB. I get the love for Evans- I see him much the same as I did Floyd from Zona. I see more all around skill wi SW and more drive to be great. I just dont think this kid will be denied. I can see Evans having more TDs- but Watkins better everywhere else.

NJRamsFan likes this.
  11. LesBaker Mr. Savant

Any youtube vids you watched that especially impressed?

Linky-links please LOL.

12. mr.stlouis Well-Known Member

That's a really boring draft, bro. I'm on a sexy kick.

If the trades suck monkey jolly then im all over this.

Who is gonna panic if we pick Mathews? Long was playing just as good or better than Mathews could have most the season. Therefore, we're not really doing anything different.

I like Robinson but we have a ton of picks. Why not go OG round 2 then spend our late picks on a couple of beefy OT's that could make stud OG's. It's better use of the picks. Our rivals will cringe if we land Watkins or Clowney.

13. NJRamsFan Cocaine Cowboy

I usually type in "Mike Evans vs" so you can pick out specific match ups and put extra focus on the better teams but here are a few ive been watching.

14. Alan Well-Known Member

If you want sexy draft this one:
    upload_2014-4-18_16-12-10.jpeg

Rambitious1 and tbux like this.
  15. Elmgrovegnome Well-Known Member

I am almost to the point where I hope they pick Watkins, because then we wont have to speculate if the Rams are going to take a Wide Receiver number 1 every stinking offseason!

16. NateTheRam New Member

I hope not, I hope we pick up Greg Rob. We need to keep Sam upright and with the receiving core that we have right now can do the job.

17. A55VA6 Shutdown Corner

lol nah it's all good.

18. CGI_Ram Hamburger Connoisseur

1. Clowney
    2. Mathews
    3. Watkins
    4. Mack
    5. Robinson

19. Memphis Ram Well-Known Member

I'd say it's pretty hard to shut down any good WR that catches so many passes behind the line of scrimmage or within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage with little to no press coverage.

NJRamsFan likes this.
  20. RamsFan14 Well-Known Member

This is honestly my dream scenario for the draft! If we could make this happen, omg there's no reason why this offense shouldn't take off! (injuries aside). I personally think we should use our first 2 picks on offense, feel like our offense could use the talent way more then our defense.

tbux likes this.