Sammy Watkins Post-Practice Interview 10-11

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Best line: When asked if there is more urgency in a contract year to produce - "Nah, I think I got enough money."

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Best line: When asked if there is more urgency in a contract year to produce - "Nah, I think I got enough money."
He's very low key. And he's still with his high school sweetheart i believe. Cool guy overall
Edit: this was Sammy's tips to new rookies coming into the league. Cool dude :

Make sure you’re playing for the right reasons: For your teammates, for your family, for God. Have a foundation and build off that. If you have a girlfriend coming into the league, try to keep it that way so you have that support system. Learn how to say “no” off the field. During the season try to eliminate any stress and try to focus on football.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Makes me think there is a chance he can be a good ram for a few yeas on a new contract. I'd like to see them get him more involved early and let the talent do the talking. Goff Gurley and Watkins with the supporting cast they have shows the potential to be a top tier offense.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
This team just has alot of good receivers, I don't think Sammy or any of us expected this . It's a good problem to have and something I never expected.

Mcvay will find a way to keep him happy but Sammy can't complain if he is not finishing plays and running hard.

He had 2 chances to make a play last week and that's on him.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
seems like a down to earth kinda guy - no arrogance to him at all, which I like. Sounds like he has had a lesson in the film room also, with regards to him being open and other things on the field dictating the play. He also suggests the both he and Goff aren't quite 'clicking' properly yet, I can't wait for that to happen!

We have some good WRs.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Makes me think there is a chance he can be a good ram for a few yeas on a new contract. I'd like to see them get him more involved early and let the talent do the talking. Goff Gurley and Watkins with the supporting cast they have shows the potential to be a top tier offense.
Yes, I think it is always good to get your best receiver the ball in the 1st quarter. A short pass early seems like easy money for your deep threat.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I d
Completely agree!! This week he'll get his proper amount of Targets, anf 100+ yards and a TD or 2!!(y);):D
I don't know, there was something. We all saw the 2 plays where he dogged it. They talked and McVay mentioned film don't lie and that he liked his response and that it was a learning experience for all the receivers. So there was something, and maybe it's taken care of. Sounds like the coach put it on him to not do that any more.

jap

Legend
It would help for Sammy to have a long talk with Isaac Bruce. Bruce was probably the most complete receiver the Horns have had to date. Torry had better hands but that's it. Isaac blocked better (with a personal best of fourteen! pancake blocks in a single game), ran better routes (one of those rare individuals capable of making 90-degree cuts at full speed), was absolutely superb as a decoy (just flat out selling the defenders dead wrong on the idea he was getting the ball with the urgency he made running his decoy routes), and would absolutely suck it up and absorb huge blows on must-catch balls. The willingness to play every down as though it was his last was an Isaac staple. If Sammy does that consistently, defenders will never know when the ball is coming his way. By half-assing his routes when he knows he is not the primary recipient, Sammy is actually tipping the defense off that (1) he's not getting the ball, and (2) the current play is probably not even a pass play.

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Note to self, make sure you start Sammy Watkins this weekend in FFB....

Ellard80

Legend
Being someone who has played WR at a couple different (much lesser levels) or any of you who play sports. I know how much of a bitch I can be if I'm not getting the ball. It's honestly just that way for a ton of athletes.. especially if you are used to success.

He handled that very well. I hope he resigns next year.