Sammy Watkins Just Changed Everything....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
"If he stays healthy" sure is the favorite phrase of the day. Pretty much if any player stays healthy... goes without saying, really. :puke:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
This thing still hinges on Goff. He has to be good this year and be great eventually.

fearsomefour

Legend
I think it is better....Dumping GRob, the penalty machine, for a guy that is ProBowl level LT (Whittworth) is massive..Sullivan over Barnes (who last time I looked didn't even have a back up job in the NFL)....Saffold will be rock solid with two vets on either side of him...We just have to see of Brown Havenstein can hold up their side.....
Watching Barnes vs Kansas City now.
Whiners have him at G.

fearsomefour

Legend
Buffalo used to emphasize Sammy to the detriment of Robert Woods. I would hope McVay will not repeat that mistake. Robert is pro's pro and worthy of full utilization. He would be the Isaac Bruce of this team, and those of you who have seen just how much I love! Isaac know that is high praise indeed. This makes Sammy our Torry, Cooper Kupp becomes Ricky Proehl, and Tavon becomes the Wizard of Az.
Who does Goff turn out to be?
Warner, Bulger or Joe Germaine?

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Related question in a random thread how are all the ROD Mods doing working Friday overtime, mainly from pure excitement? :yay:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I personally feel as if McVay and his staff are unsure of Tavons "suspect hands" and will trade him. Our new 3 Wideout set will be Watkins, Woods, and Kupp in the slot. A lot of sure hands with Watkins being the deep threat.

IMHO, Austin sticks for 2017. With Dunbar on the PUP, Austin will continue his previous role out of the backfield & as our primary PR. jmo.

Ram Pat

Rookie
We on the hook big in '17 for Tavon, depending how he does this yr will determine next. May be in line for a asked pay cut, if no then trade/dump

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think it is better....Dumping GRob, the penalty machine, for a guy that is ProBowl level LT (Whittworth) is massive..Sullivan over Barnes (who last time I looked didn't even have a back up job in the NFL)....Saffold will be rock solid with two vets on either side of him...We just have to see of Brown Havenstein can hold up their side.....

Barnes is starting for the Niners , the last I heard.

I personally feel as if McVay and his staff are unsure of Tavons "suspect hands" and will trade him. Our new 3 Wideout set will be Watkins, Woods, and Kupp in the slot. A lot of sure hands with Watkins being the deep threat.

I have felt this all along. I don't see how he fits in this offense. I don't believe he is a system type of player. McVay runs a pretty particular system. For what Tavon makes, he needs to be utilized a lot. It seems like McVay would be altering his offense to fit him in. So more scheming Tavon into the game plan to get him open, when ideally he can assimilate with the original plan and be a playmaker within the scheme.

I would hate to see him excel with another team, but if they could get enough in return for him than they should consider it. The injury halts any chance of moving him though.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Barnes is starting for the Niners , the last I heard.

I have felt this all along. I don't see how he fits in this offense. I don't believe he is a system type of player. McVay runs a pretty particular system. For what Tavon makes, he needs to be utilized a lot. It seems like McVay would be altering his offense to fit him in. So more scheming Tavon into the game plan to get him open, when ideally he can assimilate with the original plan and be a playmaker within the scheme.

I would hate to see him excel with another team, but if they could get enough in return for him than they should consider it. The injury halts any chance of moving him though.

Woulda been nice if they sent Tavon instead of the second rounder. But no one's gonna touch him with that salary. Not for someone who isn't much more than a gimmick player. Don't get me wrong. Everyone needs a gadget guy who is explosive. But those guys are usually found in mid rounds and paid a lot less. We're stuck paying him this year. Hopefully with the changes he can find more room underneath to work his magic in space.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So in just about 7 months to the day:

We have the best set of WRs we've had in almost 10 years.

We have the best LT we've had since Pace.

We have the best defensive coordinator since the GSOT days...maybe even longer?

The deepest secondary that we've had since the GSOT days

Just 7 months. Seven.

Really makes you wonder if Fisher's goal the whole time was to bring the franchise down as payback for Superbowl 34.
The Rams are making some noise. Good noise. National news. Pinch me! Intriguing new genius head coach. I love the haters too: Rams are still going to suck, blah blah blah.........but deep down we know they're, for the first time in a long time, nervous and concerned because they see this isn't the same Rams organization of the last 10 years. Let's check back with me in December after we see how this whole thing plays out.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Gurley probably got the best night of sleep of the year last night. He will now get the kind of looks he got at the start of his rookie year.