Sammy Watkins Just Changed Everything....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Big Game

Living The Dream
The lack of talk about Austin makes me wonder a little. Austin himself was even quoted on ESPN as saying "Im still trying to figure out" when asked where he fits in this offense.

Could be nothing, who knows.

"HE GONE" HAHHAHA

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Would not shed a tear if Tavon goes. Some of his on field antics and posturing rub me the wrong way. That being said, I would like to see if he can do well in a new offense. But if it isn't meant to be.... Oh well.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
If they keep Austin and Watkins on the field at same time.... a lot of speed for opposing defenses to handle.... Woods Kupp running across middle through big gaps .... the possibilities are endless..... and everyone on offense did just get better ... including the oline......;)

Go Rams........ ;)

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The lack of talk about Austin makes me wonder a little. Austin himself was even quoted on ESPN as saying "Im still trying to figure out" when asked where he fits in this offense.

Could be nothing, who knows.
His contact may be his death sentence

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Love the trade but it makes your curious. Mcvay must have seen that something wasn't working with some of our current guys. Woods and kupp have apparently looked good so who was it ?

I just think they were missing a deep threat which is crucial to running McVay's offense and Watkins is one of the best in the league. Snead also loved Watkins predraft, but Robinson's enticing skill set at premier position was too much to pass up.

This skill position group is really diverse and talented. Hopefully the 2 vet additions on the o-line will give Goff more stability and Kreomer will help the two young guys on the right side take their game to another level.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just think they were missing a deep threat which is crucial to running McVay's offense and Watkins is one of the best in the league. Snead also loved Watkins predraft, but Robinson's enticing skill set at premier position was too much to pass up.

This skill position group is really diverse and talented. Hopefully the 2 vet additions on the o-line will give Goff more stability and Kreomer will help the two young guys on the right side take their game to another level.
I'm a huge fan of this

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So in just about 7 months to the day:

We have the best set of WRs we've had in almost 10 years.

We have the best LT we've had since Pace.

We have the best defensive coordinator since the GSOT days...maybe even longer?

The deepest secondary that we've had since the GSOT days

Just 7 months. Seven.

Really makes you wonder if Fisher's goal the whole time was to bring the franchise down as payback for Superbowl 34.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
I'll tell you what.... there are going to be some good wide receivers that don't make this team or the practice squad....it's exciting. ... the possibilities. .... I don't believe we will trade Austin....I think he just offers explosiveness along with watkins.... that being said.... we have some good Wr depth for the 1st time in a long time.... so if he does get traded.... one of the young studs will happily take his place on the roster..... ;)

Go Rams......... ; )

Picked4td

Pro Bowler

Just 7 months. Seven.

Really makes you wonder if Fisher's goal the whole time was to bring the franchise down as payback for Superbowl 34.

cmon man, theres plenty to critique fisher on but to say he wasnt trying to win is just crazy. Is wade better than williams? yes, but thats not cuz williams sucks. hes a great DC in his own right. And lets not act like Jenkins, Tru, McCloud, and TJ didnt all get PAID. or that they used a 2nd overall pick to try and get their new version of Pace

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Even worse, he did bring the team back to respectability then came up short. Like Kevin Dyson short....
Hmmm, wait a minute....

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
cmon man, theres plenty to critique fisher on but to say he wasnt trying to win is just crazy. Is wade better than williams? yes, but thats not cuz williams sucks. hes a great DC in his own right. And lets not act like Jenkins, Tru, McCloud, and TJ didnt all get PAID. or that they used a 2nd overall pick to try and get their new version of Pace

I was joking.

But it's shocking how much better our personnel seems to be already. And on Fisher's watch, multiple players were traded that we could have traded for to improve our team, but we didn't. It's an awesome change.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I'll just say that he is the deep threat that we desperately needed for this offense to hum.

Dan Poplawski

Rookie
Name
Dan Poplawski
If he stays healthy and Aaron Donald smartens up, I think this makes us a playoff contender. This is our best offense since 2001.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If he stays healthy and Aaron Donald smartens up, I think this makes us a playoff contender. This is our best offense since 2001.
Whoa... Hold on a bit sport.
2006 wasnt so bad, 10th in scoring, career highs for Bulger & SJ

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame

Just 7 months. Seven.

Thats giving Fisher way too much credit. Sadly, its more likely he's just that inept, outdated and stubborn.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Just 7 months. Seven.

Fish aside, yeah, this has been an offseason for the ages. The Rams are finally operating like one of the "smart" franchises we have envied for so long now. They brought in a fine staff, upgraded a corps of pass catchers who had zero chance to elevate this offense, and improved the protection.

And we have a young talented QB in Goff. This whole run here the past offseason has by far exceeded my expectations, now the question is will they come together and win games. So effin pumped.

Sportsed

Pro Bowler
Gotta agree with you Merlin, getting Sammy Watkins changes everything for us-----he's a "true" number 1 receiver. Getting Watkins gives Tavon to play a "jack-of-all-trades role, a role that he can really excel in. I was "concerned" about having Tavon play one specific role in the offense. If Tavon had/accepts a more reasonable contract he'd be someone to keep-----we'll see if he's willing to do that. Tavon in the last 4 years has scored the same amount of TD's as Julio Jones----23----so he has some value. But LoyalRam, I feel the same way-----Watkins changes everything.

Last edited: