Sammy Watkins coming to St Louis for private workout

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tonyl711

Starter
I think Bailey will shine this year, once he got on the field last year he looked like he belonged, I think he earns a starting spot in TC this year.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think Bailey will shine this year, once he got on the field last year he looked like he belonged, I think he earns a starting spot in TC this year.

Looking like he belonged is not easy for a rookie at WR. I think it bodes well for a significant step forward in 2014 for him.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I agree...and for the same reason that DRich will have a bounce back year. They were both slowed by injury.
Best case scenario is that we run with Quick, Bailey and Austin. Britt finds a role and Cook steps up.

I hope you're right but I just don't see DRich as anything but a back-up 3rd down back. He did great behind SJ but he was a real liability in pass pro and doesn't seem to have very good vision. Hope I'm wrong because he wears the horns now. But I said last year about this time that we needed to address that position because I couldn't see him as the answer for the bulk of the runs. I'd rather build on our pieces than replace them. The rest seems like a pretty good core to me.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I hope you're right but I just don't see DRich as anything but a back-up 3rd down back. He did great behind SJ but he was a real liability in pass pro and doesn't seem to have very good vision. Hope I'm wrong because he wears the horns now. But I said last year about this time that we needed to address that position because I couldn't see him as the answer for the bulk of the runs. I'd rather build on our pieces than replace them. The rest seems like a pretty good core to me.
Yeah thats what i see DRich as too....a backup change of pace guy we can continue to develop. I'm hoping we draft a true-ready-to-go 3rd down back in the mid rounds. Someone with good hands,intelligence and can pass protect.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Richardson isn't a 3rd down HB imo. Doesn't have the hands or pass blocking ability. Seems like he's best off as a #3 change of pace type.

VARAMS

UDFA
Name
Dano
Anyone that states Rams will definately pick or not pick someone in the first round is showing they don't understand the many needs of the Rams. I think the only thing that is definate is they will be up for the right trade down - again to address the many needs of the Rams.

Regaring WR: Givens need to be pushed hard - like all the way off the roster if he doesn't improve from last year. A deep threat that cannot break the big one - he is the weak link. Britt is low risk / high reward propsect - he showed he had the stuff a couple years ago and is still only 25. TA, Quick & Bailey are our great WR hopes but none appears to be the #1 that could really elevate our offense. I hope we trade down no lower thaqtn 1.8 and use our first pick on best player available. That would seem to be Clowney, Watkins, Robinson, Mack, Matthews (imo order of eliteness).

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Richardson isn't a 3rd down HB imo. Doesn't have the hands or pass blocking ability. Seems like he's best off as a #3 change of pace type.
Yeah. Can't really disagree there. I think he also has a real problem in that TA would likely take some of those carries away too. Think we may see some two back sets with DR this year? I just don't see much in the way of playing time for him. Stacey and Benny aren't a heck of a lot slower and they hit the hole faster. If Pead gets his shit together, I really don't see a place for DR - even as a back-up. IIRR - he's not much of a ST guy either.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Anyone that states Rams will definately pick or not pick someone in the first round is showing they don't understand the many needs of the Rams. I think the only thing that is definate is they will be up for the right trade down - again to address the many needs of the Rams.

Regaring WR: Givens need to be pushed hard - like all the way off the roster if he doesn't improve from last year. A deep threat that cannot break the big one - he is the weak link. Britt is low risk / high reward propsect - he showed he had the stuff a couple years ago and is still only 25. TA, Quick & Bailey are our great WR hopes but none appears to be the #1 that could really elevate our offense. I hope we trade down no lower thaqtn 1.8 and use our first pick on best player available. That would seem to be Clowney, Watkins, Robinson, Mack, Matthews (imo order of eliteness).
Not sure I've seen that here outside of a few wise cracks or when talking about the QB position in the first round or two. So I guess you're preaching to the choir and need not worry about us knowing our team needs.

tonyl711

Starter
Looking like he belonged is not easy for a rookie at WR. I think it bodes well for a significant step forward in 2014 for him.
exactly, he was a very productive college player, had better numbers than Austin, 25 TDs his SR season IIRC, has good hands and will make the tough catch. he looked good last year with KC throwing to him, let him and Sam get the timing down and I think he opens some eyes this year.

RamsFan14

Starter

Unfortunately, that's what was said about Givens after his rookie season.

Granted these two are different players and that Bailey has his own unique assets, it's not always easy to comeback in year to and show improvement. I think it's a possibility don't get me wrong, but lets all not get carried away (not specifically saying you CGI_Ram).

tonyl711

Starter
Unfortunately, that's what was said about Givens after his rookie season.

Granted these two are different players and that Bailey has his own unique assets, it's not always easy to comeback in year to and show improvement. I think it's a possibility don't get me wrong, but lets all not get carried away (not specifically saying you CGI_Ram).
Givens is more of a one trick pony, he outruns defenders, wasn't really too good running routes, also had nagging injuries most of the year last season.

I just think Bailey ran some pretty good routes and pretty much caught all the catchable balls that came his way, and as I said, that was with Clemons throwing to him. I think a full off season to work on his route running and the fact that Sam will be throwing to him will pay off in a big way this season.