Sammy Watkins coming to St Louis for private workout

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Just imagine everybody having an "imo" behind everything they write, that way it's clear that it's only their opinion. Unless you think it's not okay to have an opinion, which would be ridiculous...IMO.
Of course there ARE those that don't think it is merely their opinion - IMO. o_O

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
no that is my point, its all opinions, should not be stated as fact.
Liked this one because I just don't see how it should be flagged as "inappropriate". Seems to me that should be reserved for real A-hole remarks and posts.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Not surprised...

I expect they'll visit with most of the top ten picks not positioned at QB.

Sammy is like my plan C, though.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
absolutely right- we all give OPINIONS, some seem to think theirs is fact- it isn't. We are all guessing, so have better logic behind their guesses than others, but unless someone here is connected to Snead or Fisher, then no they are just giving opinions.

I would think Watkins is indeed in play- mostly with a trade down, which I think they are going to pursue with vigor. of course that is jmo! lol
I think most of the non-QB players we know about in the top ten are in play. The Rams will do their due diligence and look long and hard at all the top players so that they can intelligently work the trade lines. They will know who they would take if they end up picking 2nd - 10th - IMO. They will also know if there is someone they want to package some picks with to move up from 13th or 44th to get.

This meeting with Watkins means nothing more or less than the Rams see him as a viable option early in the draft. As much as I want a top O-lineman, I know we are getting a very good player and likely at least 2 or 3 out of this draft.

I can tell you this. The ROD chat room is going to be a fun place to be while watching the draft.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I agree. They will play Britt as the #1 (huge mistake) and Bailey as the #2, sprinkling in Givens (ugh!) with Tavon in the slot and right after another pathetic season of offensive football ends everyone will be in an uproar to go get TWO starting caliber wr's....but alas by that time Watkins will be tearing it up, most likely in SF.

Oh, and there will be 4-5 more starting LT's in their mid 20's available in FA next year just as there was this year....but NO #1 wr's.

Brutal analysis. I think someone needs a cookie!

Playing Britt at 1 is just your wild guess. He's not even in the discussion at this point I would bet. He has a LOT to prove and Fisher doesn't hand out starting spots, they're earned. To start game one, I would think he would have to go ballistic in the preseason. Who wouldn't be good with that?

Givens had a nagging injury and KC slinging the ball. While I could well agree with you after the first 3-4 games this season, no way I rate him (ugh!). This is the season to see if he's his rookie or sophomore caliber player. I'm betting he turns out to be a fantastic talent at 3.

That's why we will select Watkins. Clowney will go first and Mathews/Robinson isn't worthy of a 2. No one in the top 6 will trade with Clowney gone.

Disclaimer: The above statements are all opinion, even when not stated as such, and do not necessarily represent the opinions of the Rams, ROD, or any of it' members. Reader discretion is advised.

iced

Brutal analysis. I think someone needs a cookie!

Playing Britt at 1 is just your wild guess. He's not even in the discussion at this point I would bet. He has a LOT to prove and Fisher doesn't hand out starting spots, they're earned. To start game one, I would think he would have to go ballistic in the preseason. Who wouldn't be good with that?

Givens had a nagging injury and KC slinging the ball. While I could well agree with you after the first 3-4 games this season, no way I rate him (ugh!). This is the season to see if he's his rookie or sophomore caliber player. I'm betting he turns out to be a fantastic talent at 3.

That's why we will select Watkins. Clowney will go first and Mathews/Robinson isn't worthy of a 2. No one in the top 6 will trade with Clowney gone.

Actually Quick is supposedly the one losing the snaps to Britt, not Givens.
Disclaimer: The above statements are all opinion, even when not stated as such, and do not necessarily represent the opinions of the Rams, ROD, or any of it' members. Reader discretion is advised.
just make that your sig and you'll be all good lol

RamsFan14

Starter
RFIP, at this point... I might pull for the Rams to draft Sammy Watkins just to see you happy. You're guilt trip is working on me man!

lockdnram21

Legend
Actually Quick is supposedly the one losing the snaps to Britt, not Givens.

just make that your sig and you'll be all good lol

i think Quick will beat Britt out in camp and Givens is going to beat out Bailey. i think Givens is going to return to how he played his rookie year and Quick will put it all together. imo Britt is just insurance

iced

i think Quick will beat Britt out in camp and Givens is going to beat out Bailey. i think Givens is going to return to how he played his rookie year and Quick will put it all together. imo Britt is just insurance

I pray this happens - however, i wouldn't go into training camp willing to bet this would happen.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I actually agree on Quick but think Bailey outshines Givens in that he has better technique with more routes.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I actually agree on Quick but think Bailey outshines Givens in that he has better technique with more routes.

I'm glad Quick - Pettis - Givens will be fighting for their jobs. I peg TA and Bailey as the only sure starters at WR. I think it's Bailey's job to lose.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
i think Quick will beat Britt out in camp
I can see that happening. Maybe Quick needs a fire lit under his ass.
and Givens is going to beat out Bailey.
Bailey will be hard to beat out this season IMO. He has done everything right so far. Put in his time on ST's, made an impact there, then got involved offensively. I see Bailey developing as quickly as R.Quinn did.
I think Givens is going to return to how he played his rookie year
I agree...and for the same reason that DRich will have a bounce back year. They were both slowed by injury.
imo Britt is just insurance
Insurance and someone to push Quick.

Best case scenario is that we run with Quick, Bailey and Austin. Britt finds a role and Cook steps up.