Sammy Playin' B-Ball

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
CelebrityBB_Spotlight.jpg

ABOUT THE SHOW
Who Dat Dirty Bird? Celebrity Weekend presented by Follow Your Dreams Foundation, has been scheduled for June 21-24, 2012 in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Super Bowl Champion and Tulsa native Robert Meachem (San Diego Chargers), and Dominique Franks (Atlanta Falcons), along with their NFL and NBA friends, will come to Tulsa to raise funds to support Follow Your Dreams Foundation Programs and The Dream Scholarship.

Robert and Dominique will be in Tulsa tomorrow to announce this incredible event together. The public is invited to attend their appearance on Saturday, March 31 at Academy Sports and Outdoors (7850 S. 107th East Ave) from 12-2pm. There they will give away two courtside tickets to the Who Dat Dirty Bird Celebrity Basketball Game. They will also appear on Good Day Oklahoma, Monday, April 2, 2012.

The celebrity weekend begins when the Follow Your Dreams Foundation hosts a Skillz and Drillz Football Camp on Friday, June 22, and children ages 10-18 are encouraged to sign up online at http://www.fydf.org. Participants will be required to obtain a Follow Your Dreams Foundation library card to attend the camp. Robert and Dominique will kick off their new library card with an event at Hardesty Regional Library, April 12 at 10:30am, but cards will be available at any Tulsa City-County Library. Registration for the Skillz and Drillz Football Camp runs April 2, 2012- June 1, 2012. NFL stars attending the camp include Sam Bradford (St. Louis Rams), Chris Harris (Denver Broncos) and Mossis Madu (Tampa Bay Bucs).

On Saturday, June 23, 2012, Robert and Dominique will host a celebrity basketball game at Tulsa Convention Center at 2pm, with NFL and NBA friends, Blake Griffin (Los Angeles Clippers) and Ekpe Udoh (Milwaukee Bucks), Sam Bradford (St. Louis Rams) and more guests to be announced, with all proceeds benefiting the Follow Your Dreams Programs.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Ankle just fine then obviously.

OUSamFan

UDFA
Sam played with Blake in AAU basketball in high school. His senior year in high school, he averaged a double-double. I believe that he was offered a basketball scholarship to Tulsa. He was also good at ice hockey and golf.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Not sure that I like him playing B Ball on that ankle. Worst sprain I ever got was from coming down on a basketball.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
RamFan503 said:
Not sure that I like him playing B Ball on that ankle. Worst sprain I ever got was from coming down on a basketball.
Mine too. And then I kept playing and favored the other ankle. On the next rebound... [twist]

Yeah. That was a shitty day.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
RamFan503 said:
Mine too. And then I kept playing and favored the other ankle. On the next rebound... [twist]

Yeah. That was a shitty day.

Bad sprains suck. I've broken both my ankles - no big deal. But when I had that particular sprain and then limped around on it for a week, my doctor ended up telling me that I better either stay off it or plan on my lower leg bones sliding down over my foot. :sick: I was in my early 20s and it still took about 12 weeks and a splint to fully get over it. But at least my foot was a pretty turquoise color with purple and black accents for a while.

Ever since that I have a deep appreciation for sprains - especially of the ankle. It's also why I am not crazy about Sam playing in essentially a pick up game. He's a competitor. That usually doesn't go hand in hand with taking it easy.

Speeps

Starter
I hope this is a slow paced, non competitive bball game. Anything more than that, I don't think I would be comfortable with it.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Speeps said:
I hope this is a slow paced, non competitive bball game. Anything more than that, I don't think I would be comfortable with it.

Is there such a thing? I mean when I get together with buddies to play, we are all go as long as our bodies hold up - which ain't quite as long as it used to be. These guys are high level athletes. Do they do anything non-competitive and slow paced when it comes to sports?

Speeps

Starter
RamFan503 said:
Speeps said:

Is there such a thing? I mean when I get together with buddies to play, we are all go as long as our bodies hold up - which ain't quite as long as it used to be. These guys are high level athletes. Do they do anything non-competitive and slow paced when it comes to sports?
Of course not, but I hope they would. ;) We don't need our QB getting an injury during a basketball scrimmage.