Sammy Coates in the 2nd?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Athos

Legend
He's murdering Bama's CBs right now. His catch here at the end of the 1st half was pretty damn good.

Like jrry said, physical freak, but raw as shit. He looks beastly right now. Size and speed and hops.

Does he even last? The run of 1st round WRs last year was crazy.

FRO

Legend
He's murdering Bama's CBs right now. His catch here at the end of the 1st half was pretty damn good.

Like jrry said, physical freak, but raw as crap. He looks beastly right now. Size and speed and hops.

I'm in. I want to invest in a receiver like that. Right now we don't need a guy to come in right away, but we should be developing a guy to help us down the road. I think he would be a great investment.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I see a bigger, faster Chris Givens in Coates. I'd rather have his teammate Dhaquille Williams.

Athos

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Duke Williams is great....and he'd drop with the injury.

Coates is better than Givens in every way though imo. Givens just isn't explosive at all. He looks slow no, has no leaping ability, with bad alligator arms, and can't high point the ball.

Not the greatest hands, I think, but defo much better than Givens.

Like Fro said though, guy like that, with Quick and possibly Britt back, you can bring along slow like Pitt with Bryant.

Rams0307

Another great receiver class, at least at the top of the draft. Should be plenty of options for us if we decide to go that route. I wouldn't mind taking Coates at all.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Really good receiver class, there will probably be better receivers available in the second round.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Like jrry said, physical freak, but raw as crap. He looks beastly right now. Size and speed and hops.

My opinion? No.

Wouldn't consider Coates until the 3rd round. There are better guys available in the 2nd...including the guy Memphis recommended...Duke Williams.

I'd draft Duke Williams in the 2nd for sure. He has a ton of ability and will likely get under-drafted this year due to the talent at WR. Kind of reminds me of Dez Bryant at times on the field. Super talent...first year in major college football as he's a JUCO transfer.

Athos

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wouldn't consider Coates until the 3rd round. There are better guys available in the 2nd...including the guy Memphis recommended...Duke Williams.

I'm aware. I'm just uncertain where guys end up falling in this draft because of the incredible run on WRs last season. I love Duke Williams.

I wasn't able to catch all of the AUB game though. How'd he look coming off that injury?

FRO

Legend
What another epic WR class this is turning into. Two years in a row. I hope the Rams can land one this year even if it's a developmental type like DGB or one of the Auburn guys.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm aware. I'm just uncertain where guys end up falling in this draft because of the incredible run on WRs last season. I love Duke Williams.

I wasn't able to catch all of the AUB game though. How'd he look coming off that injury?

Good as always. Let a TD go through his hands(seemed to misplay it) but made some really tough catches.