Same question, new year.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Didn't Devaney say the same thing?

St. Louis Rams training camp: Sam Bradford primed for big year

Jeff Darlington
http://www.nfl.com/trainingcamp/story/0 ... r-big-year

OBSERVATION DECK

1. Sam Bradford is on the verge of a big year -- [hil]but does he have enough weapons? General manager Les Snead, speaking with NFL.com, said he isn't at all concerned about the wide receiver position[/hil], citing competition and depth as two reasons why the end of training camp should reveal a few true playmakers. Let's hope Snead is right because Bradford looks absolutely primed for a big year. The ankle that hindered him for six weeks last season looks to be fully healed, easily visible during Tuesday's practice as he threw one dart after another while moving fluidly around the pocket. Still, which wide receiver will offer him a primary target? Rookie Brian Quick has potential, but he's very raw. Steve Smith has the résumé, but he'll need to stay healthy to get his career going again. Danny Amendola will be solid, but he's not an alpha receiver. Yes, plenty of questions at the position remain -- so we'll wait to see how it shakes out.

Full Article: http://www.nfl.com/trainingcamp/story/0 ... r-big-year

Guard

UDFA
It is the same as with the O-Line.... the question... the problem will remain until we see that it has been solved. A plethora of young, inexperienced, and injured pass catchers who have much to prove. Hopefully they all step up and fulfill their potential this year.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I think it's going to have to be a combination of all of those guys for Sam to have a big year. Danny will be the main "go to guy" though.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
DR RAM said:
I think it's going to have to be a combination of all of those guys for Sam to have a big year. Danny will be the main "go to guy" though.
Lotta people want him to be the last option though. The safety-valve guy.

Wes Welker isn't a safety-valve guy, is he.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
DR RAM said:

I don't care what "those people" think, most of them are idiots, but i don't have to tell you that. D.A. is our #1 receiver just as Wes Welker is the Pats #1. That may change, but it is what it is, and I have NO problem with it.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
DR RAM said:
X said:
DR RAM said:

I don't care what "those people" think, most of them are idiots, but i don't have to tell you that. D.A. is our #1 receiver just as Wes Welker is the Pats #1. That may change, but it is what it is, and I have NO problem with it.
How dare you. "Lotta people" are a cerebral bunch. They know what they're talking about when they make those bold assertions like, "If Danny A is the leading receiving, we're in big trouble." Look at his YPC. Look at his height. He has no speed. He's injury prone.

The nerve of you contesting those thoughts conceived of superior knowledge.

I'm kinda interested in seeing where Givens lines up. My guess is he'll be the package guy this year. On the outside sometimes, on the inside sometimes, in motion sometimes, whatever it takes to get the ball in his hands in space.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
DR RAM said:
X said:
DR RAM said:

How dare you. "Lotta people" are a cerebral bunch. They know what they're talking about when they make those bold assertions like, "If Danny A is the leading receiving, we're in big trouble." Look at his YPC. Look at his height. He has no speed. He's injury prone.

The nerve of you contesting those thoughts conceived of superior knowledge.

I'm kinda interested in seeing where Givens lines up. My guess is he'll be the package guy this year. On the outside sometimes, on the inside sometimes, in motion sometimes, whatever it takes to get the ball in his hands in space.
First off, haha, then I'm not so sure about Givens on the inside, we have so many guys that can play there, and I'm not sure if they are willing to overload him, unless we are struck by injury (we won't be). I think he will be a "Z" or flanker, so that he doesn't have to beat the press off the line.

I think Salas is our third string slot, "Y" or "R" depending on the system. DA is the first, and I hear as of now, Smith is the second.

Not that I don't think he can play there, but we are loaded and need the speed on the outside to take the corner and safety out of plays.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
DR RAM said:
First off, haha, then I'm not so sure about Givens on the inside, we have so many guys that can play there, and I'm not sure if they are willing to overload him, unless we are struck by injury (we won't be). I think he will be a "Z" or flanker, so that he doesn't have to beat the press off the line.

I think Salas is our third string slot, "Y" or "R" depending on the system. DA is the first, and I hear as of now, Smith is the second.
Seems like most of the receivers are fairly interchangeable. Smith, Salas, Pettis and Givens have lined up in the slot and on the outside, and had success at both positions. Quick, Amendola and Alexander are obviously typecast already, but the other 4 (5 if you count Nick Johnson) can probably work some magic anywhere you put 'em. And since B Schott is a big fan of using motion, I don't think we have to worry so much about beating press off the line from the slot.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
DR RAM said:

Seems like most of the receivers are fairly interchangeable. Smith, Salas, Pettis and Givens have lined up in the slot and on the outside, and had success at both positions. Quick, Amendola and Alexander are obviously typecast already, but the other 4 (5 if you count Nick Johnson) can probably work some magic anywhere you put 'em. And since B Schott is a big fan of using motion, I don't think we have to worry so much about beating press off the line from the slot.
We do have some versa, but we don't have many X's. I think that is the hardest to find.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
DR RAM said:
X said:
DR RAM said:

We do have some versa, [hil]but we don't have many X's. I think that is the hardest to find[/hil].
Look who you're tellin'.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
DR RAM said:
X said:
DR RAM said:

We do have some versa, [hil]but we don't have many X's. I think that is the hardest to find[/hil].
Look who you're tellin'.
Exactly, too few and far between. When you do find one...forget about it...