Sam versus RG3, Kaep, Wilson, and Newton

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Sam has played 7 games versus them in last 2 years. hey have played 9 (two gimmes with KC)

Stats: Sam 3-3-1, them 5-3-1 (they beat KC twice)

In 8 games they've thrown for 158/331 68% 1694 yards 9 TDs 4 INTs and 95.4 rating

In 7 games Sam has thrown for 185/291 64% 2046 yards 11 TDS 6 INTs and a 105.5 rating.

Not sayin anything but Sam was played overall well versus the new guys and had he not been injured his 3-3-1 record would be a game or two better, (not that Given 'em hell with Kell wasn't a good phrase.

Foot for thought.

RFIP

There is no doubt Sam has played well against all those teams but it's the style that gets Sam killed in discussions. You see he's not "the new breed" of running QB so obviously we must get rid of him now!!! :p

He can throw and 80 TD but if "one of them" does it, it will surely be after they run around for 15 seconds and get everyone's pants wet first.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I think you messed up Bradford's rating. The numbers you provided calculate to 88.37, not 105.5.

I'm also coming up with a QB Rating of 67.2 with the other guys and a 48% completion percentage.

Last edited:

F. Mulder

Starter
I know there will be 1000000000 threads about Bradford even BEFORE next season but this is my take: He is playing for a contract and the Rams FO are judging him as such. If he elevates his game and becomes a top 5-10 QB the Rams will Pony up because they feel they have their franchise QB. IF he fails in performance or injury all bets are off. Bradford is negotiating from a position of weakness and the Rams have to decide if they are going to hitch their wagon on him for another 2-4 years. I am so sad he got hurt because 7 more games would have shown more what he is and isn't.

I think Bradford is careful with the football. I think he moves better than some think. I think he lacks trust in his WRs and that is why he always threw to Lloyd and Amendola. I think Spags and Shurmur fucked him up big time.

What I WANT to see is him push the ball down the field more. The NFL Refs these days think every pass should be caught. Put the onus on the Refs and your WRs to make a play. I want to see Bradford understand the situation. If it is 3rd and long don't throw a short pass even if it is complete. Push it down the field and put the pressure on the Refs and WRs to make a play.

For me next year is make or break for him. I dig the guy as a person and as a QB a lot. But at some point the Reaper decides what's right.

At the very worst have someone in the wings who can at least lead this team; (p.s. it isn't KC)

RFIP

I think you messed up Bradford's rating. The numbers you provided calculate to 88.37, not 105.5.

I'm also coming up with a QB Rating of 67.2 with the other guys and a 48% completion percentage.

Yeah and just off the top of my head I thought the 6 ints for Sam seemed high to me...will have to check that when time allows.

RFIP

I know there will be 1000000000 threads about Bradford even BEFORE next season but this is my take: He is playing for a contract and the Rams FO are judging him as such. If he elevates his game and becomes a top 5-10 QB the Rams will Pony up because they feel they have their franchise QB. IF he fails in performance or injury all bets are off. Bradford is negotiating from a position of weakness and the Rams have to decide if they are going to hitch their wagon on him for another 2-4 years. I am so sad he got hurt because 7 more games would have shown more what he is and isn't.

I think Bradford is careful with the football. I think he moves better than some think. I think he lacks trust in his WRs and that is why he always threw to Lloyd and Amendola. I think Spags and Shurmur fucked him up big time.

What I WANT to see is him push the ball down the field more. The NFL Refs these days think every pass should be caught. Put the onus on the Refs and your WRs to make a play. I want to see Bradford understand the situation. If it is 3rd and long don't throw a short pass even if it is complete. Push it down the field and put the pressure on the Refs and WRs to make a play.

For me next year is make or break for him. I dig the guy as a person and as a QB a lot. But at some point the Reaper decides what's right.

At the very worst have someone in the wings who can at least lead this team; (p.s. it isn't KC)

I understand your take and I will tell you mine, which I have stated over and over on other boards.

Do you (or anyone) think he's going to suddenly play worse than where he was last year? Is he going to become a turnover machine? Miss easy throws? Etc?

His ONE concern to me is injury. I am sure the Rams want to see Sam play 16 games next year and they will need to to extend him in their minds.

He's NEVER going to turn in to RG3, Kap or Wilson so if anyone is waiting for "that part of his game to come around" you may as well jump ship now.

The facts are he HAS progressed year over year and he WAS ranked in the top 10 (nine I believe) when he got hurt.

He DID have a 14/4 td/int ratio with all four int's on deflections (3) or arm hit(1).

he also LOST the following td's: 1) Opening day when Cook is running home free and gets stripped at the one yard line, 2) In Houston when he hits Givens in stride and the ball goes off his hands!!! 3) vs Carolina when he hits Tavon from 61 yards but gets called back due to Long's trip and 4) SAME GAME when he hits Quick from 32 yards out RIGHT IN THE HANDS and he drops it!

Could have easily been an 18 td season in under seven games AND he was the only QB in the league through week 7 to play on a team that had yet to rush for a single TD.

These FACTS are so easily pushed under the rug by the haters (not saying your a hater, just speaking out loud).

The facts are easy to see for any honest observer but its like I say all the time, not until the team wins does the QB get ANY credit. See Newton for this, he was a turnover machine who, along the way put up big yardage numbers...now this year they tell him (and I HEARD Rivera state this time and time again on Sirius) to NOT take ANY chances and to RUN near the GL more and learn to accept punts and play to your defense (in other words, be Russell Wilson), which he did, the team won and somehow Newton made the pro bowl?

Go figure.

Bradford will either be a star for the Rams or he will be a star for someone else. He's that good, it's really this simple.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

Agree 100%

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

those other guys should have 231 attempt, not 331, my typo there. And you're right Sam's rating shoud be 88.4 . . . again I typed a bad number in caculator and should have checked . . .