Sam the Ram

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsNation

Rookie
I hope the hate calms down for a little,I know he has had 2 bad games but everyone does.Take those games away and his stats are great and we are winning.Nobody is perfect.we all expected growing pains with such a young core of skill players.Today Sam did his thing,got the running game going and scored TD's early and often,not field goals.The little things are why we won this game.We made that extra play here and there all game long,we need this kind of fire and passion for the rest of the season.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
In those two bad games, he got sacked 11 times. Keep Bradford upright, and he's been very good.

nighttrain

Legend
CGI_Ram said:
jjab360 said:
CGI_Ram said:
HE WITH HORNS said:
Yeah, he did well in the circumstances of the game. We didn't need to throw 40 times this week, because of the running game, and short field position due to turnovers. But he capitalized on every chance he got today.

13 TDs to only 3 INTs, and 90.7 rating on the season. And people STILL want to get rid of this guy. It amazes me.

And 2 of those INT were deflections.

The NFL is a roller coaster. Sam is on it like every QB.
All 3 of the INTs were tipped balls.

Stand corrected.
it should be a different stat on tipped balls than INT on the passer, have always thot this. QB out of play once ball is tipped
train

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
For the FIRST TIME today I looked at Sam and was seeing HIS confidence

I think his light has come on

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
moklerman said:
There is more than one poster over on that other board I go to downplaying Bradford's numbers because he has too many TD's in the red zone. :roll:

Just goes to show haters gonna hate. The majority of those trolls on that other board are clueless.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
moklerman said:
There is more than one poster over on that other board I go to downplaying Bradford's numbers because he has too many TD's in the red zone. :roll:

Don't you lie. It's because Bradford is stealing TDs from the running game that has 14 yards on 15 carries(0.9 YPC) in the red-zone when you remove Stacy's 2 runs.

How dare Bradford keep throwing TD passes instead of handing the ball off so we have to kick field goals. Who wants a QB with inflated passing TD numbers? Who wants a QB that is excellent at converting red-zone opportunities into passing TDs? Who wants a QB that can throw passing TDs with a struggling red-zone running game?

Nah. He's just making his numbers seem pretty when in reality...he's not good. Just steals TDs from everyone else. #theirlogic

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Thordaddy said:
For the FIRST TIME today I looked at Sam and was seeing HIS confidence

I think his light has come on
Sam's light was already on. What happened the last 2 weeks has been the convergence of confidence in the Oline and the running game.

Also, I think Kendricks got himself into football shape. He missed all of training camp. Last week was the first time we saw any of the wham blocks that Kendricks made so many of last year.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I think as much as anything that he is resilient.
A lot of QB's would not bounce back the way Sam does, whether it is getting hit, bad protection or a bad game he bounces back. The SF game was the only exception to me that I can remember he just couldn't get it going and he seemed very frustrated. I think the SF game may be good for him in the long run, sometimes growth comes from adverse experiences. He takes what you give him and it's not always flashy.

A55VA6

Legend
I haven't look through this thread so I apologize if this has been mentioned. But here's a pretty damn good stat.

Only Peyton Manning and Drew Brees have more TD passes than Sam Bradford this season. And only Manning and Andrew Luck have fewer INT's.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A55VA6 said:
I haven't look through this thread so I apologize if this has been mentioned. But here's a pretty damn good stat.

Only Peyton Manning and Drew Brees have more TD passes than Sam Bradford this season. And only Manning and Andrew Luck have fewer INT's.

So what you're saying is that he's not #1 in either stat? #ifyouain'tfirstyourlast

moklerman

Warner-phile
I think you have to wait until the week is over to look at where Sam ranks so far this year. Pretty sure he has fewer passing TD's than Romo too for example.

But, I think if you look at how he's been progressing in the Schottenheimer offense, the results are pretty solid so far.

Bradford's numbers over the last 16 games:
356/596 59.5% 3,797(6.3ypa) 28 TD(4.7%)/11 INT(1.8%) 86.1 rating.

A55VA6

Legend
Bradford has looked impressive the last 2 week. That's for sure. Very decisive too. We didn't see that the first few games much.

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
Sam is going to be fine. Rams just need to stay the course with Qb. Stacy experience in the SEC prepared him for NFL. Pead is a goner.

moklerman

Warner-phile
GreeneCounty said:
Sam is going to be fine. Rams just need to stay the course with Qb. Stacy experience in the SEC prepared him for NFL. Pead is a goner.
Who?

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
GreeneCounty said:

Agreed. I'd rather have Cunningham than Pead. At least he won't go to the papers and talk about how much he hates his life. First huge bust pick for Snisher, as of now. Quick still has brain fart moments but he IS progressing. That's more than I can say for Pead. We have Rich so I don't care what we do with him.

Quicks role should expand being we've switched to a multiple TE offense. Him and Pettis fit that scheme very well. Austin and Givens don't really have an edge in blocking.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

sam looked in complete control today. it's amazing what a running game and good oline play can do for a qb's composure. plus having wide open targets to throw to.

looks like the rams worked out which scheme best suits them moving forward. methodically working their way down the field works for me if they are successful at it. finding a rb that can find a hole and move forward certainly helps as well. not that they didn't take their shots. givens dropped a sure td bomb. i think we'll be seeing more of them now that the opposition has to respect the run.

this is the sam i saw in week 17 against the seagulls in their house. i'm feeling much more confident moving forward now.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Man that one pass to cook where the pocket is collapsing and swallowing Sam just impressive.
Not only not taking the sack but delivering a perfect pass to get the first down and more.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
^^^^ Yep. That was the best throw I have seen him make in his career here. Clutch.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
Sam had a great game.

My fav play....

The screen to DR. Sam looked left the entire time after the snap, then looked right and fired the screen. Can any of you believe we hit a screen?

lockdnram21

Legend
I think they shousld start using austin like sproels. Passes out the backfield and with themway the line is blocking he might be able to run the ball a little