Sam Or Cutler?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sam or Cutler?

• Sam

Votes: 57 93.4%
  • Cutler

Votes: 4 6.6%

• Total voters

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I've never been in it for the money. You know that.

But a chance to have a share for me would have been meaningful.

Of course your a thoughtless bastard who doesn't care about the little folk.

So there. Neenerneenerneener!!!

Alan

Legend
He's got a new mansion now so we're not really in his class anymore. It's sad when they forget the little guys on their way up.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
avatars-000008969727-hgk7py-crop.jpg

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not gonna happen.

:cool:

What's the big deal about having ads in this site. If you guys can make some money from this great site best of luck to you. I, for one, won't hold it against you.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The OP's question was "which QB would i rather have right now..."
I voted Sam but i had to think about it. Cutler's career has been disappointing but IMO Sam's has been more so thus far.
I like that Cutler is a gunslinger but that's about where it ends for me. We all know what Cutler is.

I very rarely post about Bradford because the book is still unwritten and i want him to succeed so badly. I thought i'd put it out there for once since this thread showed some passion from some of you.

Things that Bradford has proven to me so far:
1) He's tough
2) He has the tools to make all the throws.
3) He can manage a game and not continually make mistakes.
4) He's not a selfish guy.

There's alot that Sam has yet to prove to even reach the status of being considered "a good NFL QB." I've supported him from day 1 and i continue to do so...but lets be honest,he hasn't done much folks.

I don't really think that Sam is injury prone either(that gets thrown around alot),his knee injury IMO was just one of those things that happens. Aside from that he's only missed six of his first 48 games....not concerned at this point yet.
I'm far more interested/concerned over Bradford's ability or inability to get better and make others better. He was playing well earlier this season but that proves nothing IMO because the wins weren't there.

I dont expect P.Manning,A.Rodgers or Brady numbers...but he's got a ways to go yet to even be considered a successful franchise QB. If you don't agree then i don't know what to tell you other than you're just not being honest with yourself as a non-biased,knowledgeable football fan.

No more excuses/reasons...yada yada yada to be made in 2014. If he gets hurt again and misses half the season its time to move on...i don't care how good his numbers looked(again) either. If he plays 16 more games but still looks like a game managing QB its time to move on...period.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

At the beginning of the season I said I wanted Sam to be a 2 td per game qb. He certainly looked like he was heading in that direction. He looked outstanding against the panthers in their house. Which other qb did that this season? Then he got injured.

I'm all in on Sammy boy.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How is he not?

See, that's subjective, isn't it? You used stats, and so did I. Now you want to say they don't matter because they were both injured this year. Do you honestly think they both landed in parallel universes where the situations around them were identical? If you want to know how Bradford is BETTER, you'll have to take an impartial poll of over a thousand people and compile the data. But even then, the reasons for one or the other will be entirely subjective.

For me, I think Bradford is far more accurate on every level, smarter with the football, and his arm is every bit as strong. Both Cutler and Bradford are pocket passers who rely on said pocket to perform at peak efficiency, so all they need are reliable targets. At some point Bradford might get receivers like Brandon Marshall or Eddie Royal, but he's been cycling through receivers for 4 years now and he's closing in on 40 (FORTY) different receivers with over 30 O-linemen over that span. Has Cutler had to do that?

Take a look at Bradford's QB Rating when he had Danario Alexander, Mark Clayton, Brandon Lloyd and Danny Amendola to throw to. It's markedly better than the times where he had none of those guys. And you need look no further than how Brady (as an individual) did with no targets. Or Eli. Or Luck without Wayne. Or any other QB who had all the tools, but no one on the other end of the field to complete the tandem.

And really, the whole idea that one or the other is better is moot. Cutler wouldn't have won very many more games for the Rams. In all likelihood, I'd be expending just as much energy defending Cutler from the undue criticism directed at him over these past few years if HE had been the QB of the Rams. Because, IMO, there's far more that contributes to a QB's success than how good a quarterback he is. Unless he's just not very good. And we know what not very good looks like. Clemens, Boller, Null, Feeley, Berlin, Martin, Banks, Martin, Walsh, etc.

I've seen every throw (multiple times) that Bradford ever made as a Ram, and I've documented it in video over the years. Others here have done the same (like Jrry). There are good throws, great throws, phenomenal throws, and bad throws. Very, very rarely do you see him making a horrible throw. If I did the same for Cutler, I might come away with the opinion that they're very comparable. But I doubt it. I've seen enough horrible throws during my cursory study of him to know that Bradford clearly has the better arm talent. If Bradford had Cutler's escapability, it wouldn't even be close who the better QB is.

Now. Can you prove me wrong?

Fair enough. I can see exactly where you are coming from and hope you are correct

I respectfully disagree. but disagree none the less. my case has already been stated so if you genuinely care enough you may scroll up and read through my numerous points..if not so be it.

To answer your question, no i can not prove you wrong just as you have failed to prove me wrong. I feel cutler has been the better qb to this point however I feel (hope) bradford possesses all the tools you mentioned and has the ability to be a better qb in the future....whether that ever comes to be is yet to be seen and thusly inconclusive. Maybe I'm mis-reading the tone in which you address me but I would appreciate in the future if you could tone the (perhaps perceived) condescending manner in which your posts towards me have come off

All in good fun, no hard feelings

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Fair enough. I can see exactly where you are coming from and hope you are correct

I respectfully disagree. but disagree none the less. my case has already been stated so if you genuinely care enough you may scroll up and read through my numerous points..if not so be it.

To answer your question, no i can not prove you wrong just as you have failed to prove me wrong. I feel cutler has been the better qb to this point however I feel (hope) bradford possesses all the tools you mentioned and has the ability to be a better qb in the future....whether that ever comes to be is yet to be seen and thusly inconclusive. Maybe I'm mis-reading the tone in which you address me but I would appreciate in the future if you could tone the (perhaps perceived) condescending manner in which your posts towards me have come off

All in good fun, no hard feelings
You bet.
Fucko. :nau:

When I stop messing with you, then you can worry.

Last edited by a moderator:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bradford had a few good games against a few bad teams to get his passer rating up to 90.9 this season.

That's a farce. Bradford had great games against two of the best defenses in the NFL this year in Arizona and Carolina. But that's conveniently ignored. Didn't Dick Vermeil say that you can only play the teams on your schedule? So shouldn't Bradford be having those sort of games against bad teams? Isn't that what he's supposed to do?

moklerman

Warner-phile
I'm far more interested/concerned over Bradford's ability or inability to get better and make others better.
Well, Sam did show that he could get better. His pocket presence, deep passes, progressions...pretty much everything that people wanted to see this year all got better and were continuing to improve. As far as making others better, I don't know how he can make the receivers run better routes, recognize hot reads, CATCH the ball...these are all the problems that plague the offense. Was there anything he could do to make the running game better or were the wrong personnel just in there? Did the passing game get better when he went out? Did any of the problems go away?

Let's look at it this way, sure, it would be great if Bradford was like Peyton and forced his guys to get better or hold them to a high standard. But does Bradford have that right yet? Is a receiver going to respond to a guy who's talented but hasn't enjoyed team success? I think Bradford has played it just right in that he can only lead by example and from what I've seen, he's been doing that. I really don't want to see him act like Rivers and get in his receiver's faces if a play doesn't go right. These guys have to be accountable for their own play and if they need Bradford to somehow make them better, then they need to be replaced.

Bradford isn't the one holding Quick back. He isn't the one holding Givens back. Look at Bailey. He doesn't need his QB to make him work hard and earn his playing time. No, what Bradford needs to do is continue to improve and not make stupid mistakes. Which he continues to do so I have no problem with him. He isn't Tony Banks-ing it up out there and has shown with just average support around him, he can play well.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Bradford had a few good games against a few bad teams to get his passer rating up to 90.9 this season.

How did he do against Dallas and their mediocre pass D?
Or against a better pass D like the 49ers?
He put up great numbers against really bad teams like HOU and JAX to pump up his numbers and some people are extrapolating those numbers along with his other games and are basically saying Sam should have gone to Hawaii this season if he were healthy this season.

One can always speculate, but I don't see it that way. I think his career numbers are a more accurate reflection of his abilities.

No one wants to see Bradford finally put it all together more than me, but I just don't see it happening.

I hope it does, but if it doesn't, then what? Cut him? Let him play out his final contract year?
And if he still hasn't progressed, we're still in the same place at QB, except it's two years later and we don't have the 2nd pick in the draft.
We can always use the 2nd pick for a QB, let him sit on the bench and if Bradford shines, then we trade that clipboard holder to a QB hungry team for a plethora of draft picks. Low risk, high reward.

Neither Cutler or Bradford have been anything special, but Cutler has been more consistent throughout his career and has put up a higher QB rating for the most part:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CutlJa00.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BradSa00.htm

That's another thing that irritates me.

Why are his numbers supposedly "pumped up" against Jacksonville/Houston? I'd be concerned if they WEREN'T. Houston was a totally different team when the Rams played them vs. December. They were 2-3 at the time and the game vs. Rams was viewed as the "cure-all" game for them. Most everyone (including me) thought this was the game Houston got back on track.

Jacksonville? Did you know who they played next week on the road? Denver. And Denver had a difficult time finishing them off until late 3rd and 4th quarters. So know...that victory and numbers counts as much as Dallas/SF counts in the L column.

Speaking of Dallas/SF? Those were 2 total team losses. Everybody that played had a bad game on both sides of the ball.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I just posted that you need to go back to the dude avatar but Thurston might fit you better once you become a mogul.
If you'll shut the fuck up about it, I'll make the change.