Sam Or Cutler?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sam or Cutler?

• Sam

Votes: 57 93.4%
  • Cutler

Votes: 4 6.6%

• Total voters

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bottom line...say both sam and jay were on 1 year contracts and both shit the bed in 2014...sammy b would be hoping to catch on as a backup somewhere and jay would be the starting qb for the bears

RFIP

History is whatls to say he wouldn't have started throwing more ints. Hell in his worst season 2011 when they won 2 games he threw only 6 ints.

Think of the garbage he's thrown to in 4 years, no true #1, yet his CAREER STATS are 59 tds, 38 ints.

As a side note, you remind me of another NJram fan from another board. Well?

jjab360

Legend
I'd take Sam because he has better ball placement, more consistent accuracy, and doesn't turn the ball over as much.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Trust me, I am a huge Bradford fan as well and i think he still has a chance to become a very good qb. Problem is, he's not getting paid to be a very good qb. He's getting paid to be elite and he simply isn't. he cripples us financially tying up so much cap space but doesn't produce even close to justifying that.

Cutler has passed for 4,000 yds in a season, and come close to 4k numerous other times in his career. he has flirted with 30 tds quite a few times. Cutler has won playoff games. So, if you want to be fair, he is the superior player up to this point and thats not even debatable.

once again, not to say bradford won't some day surpass him, but that has not happened yet and there are no facts (stats) to claim the contrary.
i think if people can look past the admiration we all as rams fans share for Sammy, we have nothing but hope and homerism to support him being better than Jay
If you're a *huge* Bradford fan, then why would you invest so much effort in discrediting him in favor of pimping Cutler as the better QB? And using bad statistics to do it (hyperbole), no less. For instance:

"Flirted with 30 tds quite a few times."
Uh, no. He "flirted with" 28 TDs once. And didn't make it, because he threw 27. 25, 23, 20 were his other high totals in his 8 year career . Those are all flirting with 26, and coming up short. By your definition, Bradford has flirted with 30 TDs in 2012 by throwing for 21. He was also on pace to throw for 32 this year.

"Cutler has won playoff games."
Uh, no. He won *one* playoff game as the QB of the Bears against the 7-9 Seahawks and then posted up a 31 QB rating against the Packers the same year (2010). That's the extent of his playoff "career" in 8 years.

"He is the superior player up to this point and that's not even debatable."
Based on what? Interception percentage? Nope - Bradford's better.
Based on average yards per season? There's a negligible difference between the two (2992 vs 2766). That's 14 yards per game more for Cutler.
Based on years in the league? Sure. Cutler has twice as much experience.
Based on *TEAM* records? Sure. Cutler's *TEAMS* averaged 7 wins per season. Bradford's - 4.5.
Based on your opinion. Sure. You can have that opinion - but it *is* debatable.

The NFL is all about "what have you done for me lately." It's the reason why guys like Eli Manning and Flacco can win Super Bowls and still be called shitty QBs this year by fans of the teams for whom they play. So let's disregard both Cutler's AND Bradford's careers and focus on this year. Neither finished the year. Cutler played 11 games, and Bradford played 7. How do they measure up with each other?

Interception % - Bradford (3.4 to 1.5)
TD % - Cutler (5.4 to 5.3 ... nearly identical)
Completion % - Cutler (63.1 to 60.7)
QB Rating - Bradford (90.9 to 89.2)
Yards per game - Bradford (241 to 238.3)
Winning % - Cutler 45%, Bradford 43%

Where's the overwhelming evidence that Cutler is the better QB this year? And Cutler, again, has 8 years experience to Bradford's 4. (104 games to 49). With twice as much experience (and then some), wouldn't you think that Cutler would be MILES ahead of Bradford in some of the more important QB statistics this year? Of course all of your (and my) statistical analyses completely leaves out SOS, experience of the supporting cast (receivers, backs, line), success of the run game, successive years in the system, and health of the O-lines protecting them. Care to put together a better analysis this time, and include the things I just mentioned? Then (and only then), will your claims that "it's not even debatable" be taken seriously.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Damn Paulie...You always do your homework when u come back! Love it!:stirthepot:

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If you're a *huge* Bradford fan, then why would you invest so much effort in discrediting him in favor of pimping Cutler as the better QB? And using bad statistics to do it (hyperbole), no less. For instance:

"Flirted with 30 tds quite a few times."
Uh, no. He "flirted with" 28 TDs once. And didn't make it, because he threw 27. 25, 23, 20 were his other high totals in his 8 year career . Those are all flirting with 26, and coming up short. By your definition, Bradford has flirted with 30 TDs in 2012 by throwing for 21. He was also on pace to throw for 32 this year.

"Cutler has won playoff games."
Uh, no. He won *one* playoff game as the QB of the Bears against the 7-9 Seahawks and then posted up a 31 QB rating against the Packers the same year (2010). That's the extent of his playoff "career" in 8 years.

"He is the superior player up to this point and that's not even debatable."
Based on what? Interception percentage? Nope - Bradford's better.
Based on average yards per season? There's a negligible difference between the two (2992 vs 2766). That's 14 yards per game more for Cutler.
Based on years in the league? Sure. Cutler has twice as much experience.
Based on *TEAM* records? Sure. Cutler's *TEAMS* averaged 7 wins per season. Bradford's - 4.5.
Based on your opinion. Sure. You can have that opinion - but it *is* debatable.

The NFL is all about "what have you done for me lately." It's the reason why guys like Eli Manning and Flacco can win Super Bowls and still be called shitty QBs this year by fans of the teams for whom they play. So let's disregard both Cutler's AND Bradford's careers and focus on this year. Neither finished the year. Cutler played 11 games, and Bradford played 7. How do they measure up with each other?

Interception % - Bradford (3.4 to 1.5)
TD % - Cutler (5.4 to 5.3 ... nearly identical)
Completion % - Cutler (63.1 to 60.7)
QB Rating - Bradford (90.9 to 89.2)
Yards per game - Bradford (241 to 238.3)
Winning % - Cutler 45%, Bradford 43%

Where's the overwhelming evidence that Cutler is the better QB this year? And Cutler, again, has 8 years experience to Bradford's 4. (104 games to 49). With twice as much experience (and then some), wouldn't you think that Cutler would be MILES ahead of Bradford in some of the more important QB statistics this year? Of course all of your (and my) statistical analyses completely leaves out SOS, experience of the supporting cast (receivers, backs, line), success of the run game, successive years in the system, and health of the O-lines protecting them. Care to put together a better analysis this time, and include the things I just mentioned? Then (and only then), will your claims that "it's not even debatable" be taken seriously.

First off, I'm not sure who you are to question my fandom, do you feel making this website gave you that right?

you guys are right bradford is the best cutler is the worst sorry for having a differing opinion!

i tried to make it clear from my first post I'm a bradford fan not bashing him just the way i see it AS OF NOW...everyone hops on their high horse claiming the other boards are full of trolls and this one is so refreshing but right about now Its feeling a lot like group think...im not trolling just have a different opinion and that didn't seem to be taken too kindly..

Alan

Legend
NJRamsFan getting upset:
Saying stuff that won't endear him to his fellow posters.

No one is denying your right to have a different opinion. What we (I'm including myself in here) object to is how you are wording it. I myself have phrased things in a way that has pissed off others. Just ask CoachO.:lol:

Word stuff a little differently and you can recover from this little incident. It's fixable. I'll argue with you anytime you want.:D

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
First off, I'm not sure who you are to question my fandom, do you feel making this website gave you that right?

you guys are right bradford is the best cutler is the worst sorry for having a differing opinion!

i tried to make it clear from my first post I'm a bradford fan not bashing him just the way i see it AS OF NOW...everyone hops on their high horse claiming the other boards are full of trolls and this one is so refreshing but right about now Its feeling a lot like group think...im not trolling just have a different opinion and that didn't seem to be taken too kindly..
I dont think he was bashin you man. I think he just went the extra mile with researching. Dont take it personal man. Everyone has an opinion.

moklerman

Warner-phile

A contested opinion has nothing to do with treating you unkindly. I think you're feeling persecution that isn't actually there.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
A contested opinion has nothing to do with treating you unkindly. I think you're feeling persecution that isn't actually there.
Dude, i dont give a damn what it is your saying...you could be cussing me out, but at the end, i just smile cause of that hula-hoop girl! lol :jerkoff:

NorCalRamFan

Bradford had a few good games against a few bad teams to get his passer rating up to 90.9 this season.

How did he do against Dallas and their mediocre pass D?
Or against a better pass D like the 49ers?
He put up great numbers against really bad teams like HOU and JAX to pump up his numbers and some people are extrapolating those numbers along with his other games and are basically saying Sam should have gone to Hawaii this season if he were healthy this season.

One can always speculate, but I don't see it that way. I think his career numbers are a more accurate reflection of his abilities.

No one wants to see Bradford finally put it all together more than me, but I just don't see it happening.

I hope it does, but if it doesn't, then what? Cut him? Let him play out his final contract year?
And if he still hasn't progressed, we're still in the same place at QB, except it's two years later and we don't have the 2nd pick in the draft.
We can always use the 2nd pick for a QB, let him sit on the bench and if Bradford shines, then we trade that clipboard holder to a QB hungry team for a plethora of draft picks. Low risk, high reward.

Neither Cutler or Bradford have been anything special, but Cutler has been more consistent throughout his career and has put up a higher QB rating for the most part:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CutlJa00.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BradSa00.htm

Alan

Legend
I can't decide which is the best. Is it the bouncing juggs girl or the hula-hoop girl. Tough choice.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor

lets review...

my support of bradford was put in asterisks implying I'm lying and don't actually like him
Every point began with "uh, no"...where i come from thats disrespectful
not to mention the entirely condescending last paragraph..."care to put together a better analysis including the things i just mentioned" hmm...."only than will your opinion be taken seriously"

moklerman

Warner-phile
Dude, i dont give a damn what it is your saying...you could be cussing me out, but at the end, i just smile cause of that hula-hoop girl! lol :jerkoff:
Yeah, she's pretty fun to watch but I actually liked my exercise ball girl better.

iced

lets review...

my support of bradford was put in asterisks implying I'm lying and don't actually like him
not to mention the entirely condescending last paragraph..."care to put together a better analysis including the things i just mentioned" hmm...."only than will your opinion be taken seriously"

i'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's because you're using stats to back up cutler while calling him an elite qb, yet his stats are identical to bradfords (and bradfords overall are higher) while discounting his - whom has been playing in a much worse situation and doesn't have a stud wr like brandon marshall.

It's a double standard

moklerman

Warner-phile
lets review...

No, your inference is incorrect. I don't think anyone's questioning that you believe what you're writing, but you opened the can of worms by stating as fact that there is no debating your point of view.

I don't think you're bashing Bradford but calling yourself a "huge" fan of his seems inconsistent with your comparisons. You seem to be exaggerating Cutler up and Bradford down. Doesn't seem like what a fanatical supporter of Bradford would do.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

How did I question your fandom? I questioned your accuracy and the validity of your statements.

And if your response to my post is "you guys are right, Bradford is da gawd, blah blah blah", then you're not doing much to bolster your original assertion. That's just using sarcasm to discredit all the work I did to debate you. That won't get you very far on any board. Never mind this one. And the fact that I made this one (board) has nothing to do with how I met your claims with arguments of my own. I don't even own it anymore, so now you have even less reason to call me out personally. Stick to the topic at hand and see if you can stay on point. You made some statements you regarded as truths, and I debunked them using your own standards of measure. You can take it from there, or not. It's really up to you.