Sam Or Cutler?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sam or Cutler?

• Sam

Votes: 57 93.4%
  • Cutler

Votes: 4 6.6%

• Total voters

RFIP

Every single qb above him on that list has had more success than bradford and thats just being honest.....yes i am aware mark sanchez is one of those qbs

So your saying you'd take Sanchez over Bradford?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Past two years:
Jay Cutler
479/789
60.7%
5654 yards
7.2 YPA
38 TDs
26 Ints
84.9 QB Rating

Sam Bradford
487/813
59.9%
5389 yards
6.6 YPA
35 TDs
17 Ints
85.3 QB Rating

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So your saying you'd take Sanchez over Bradford?

Come now sir, I have been (IMO) presenting a clear and concise argument regarding my position on the question above. Please don't attempt to discredit my opinion by harping on a single out of context line taken out of the many in depth paragraphs i have already written. To clarify, no, I am not saying I would take sanchez over bradford. I am responding to the post regarding Sams lofty contract and simply pointing out that based on facts...not opinions...every qb ahead of bradford on that list has earned their respective money more than sam

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
The other puzzling thing about all of this...

Sams contract was just standard for a number 1 pick.

Was there anyone in the world who expected the Bears to dish out this contract to Cutler??
I agree Bradford's contract is a product of the CBA that was in place when he was drafted it makes me laugh when I see someone complaining about how much he gets paid. He is barely in the top half of QBs pay per year. How much would he be worth if he had been in the same offense all 4 years with the Rams? Would he have been injured behind a better Oline? Both of his injuries were the result of poor O line play.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Trust me, I am a huge Bradford fan as well and i think he still has a chance to become a very good qb. Problem is, he's not getting paid to be a very good qb. He's getting paid to be elite and he simply isn't. he cripples us financially tying up so much cap space but doesn't produce even close to justifying that.

Cutler has passed for 4,000 yds in a season, and come close to 4k numerous other times in his career. he has flirted with 30 tds quite a few times. Cutler has won playoff games. So, if you want to be fair, he is the superior player up to this point and thats not even debatable.

once again, not to say bradford won't some day surpass him, but that has not happened yet and there are no facts (stats) to claim the contrary.
i think if people can look past the admiration we all as rams fans share for Sammy, we have nothing but hope and homerism to support him being better than Jay

Cutler is getting paid, on average, $5 million more a year than Sam was with his rookie contract.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Past two years:
Jay Cutler
479/789
60.7%
5654 yards
7.2 YPA
38 TDs
26 Ints
84.9 QB Rating

Sam Bradford
487/813
59.9%
5389 yards
6.6 YPA
35 TDs
17 Ints
85.3 QB Rating

i still feel my argument that cutler has proven he is capable of being elite...and sam has not holds water.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Really? want to know who the one person who voted Cutler is! Maybe it was by accident! lol

RFIP

Cutler is getting paid, on average, $5 million more a year than Sam was with his rookie contract.

Which is insane for what Cutler has accomplished, or has NOT accomplished to date.

Sam was drafted #1 overall and that money was locked in as to what the Rams HAD to pony up, no one held a gun to the Bears on this deal (to my knowledge).

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Really? want to know who the one person who voted Cutler is! Maybe it was by accident! lol

i think its very clear if you read the posts i was that one vote...just because my opinion is not the majority doesn't make it wrong..

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
i still feel my argument that cutler has proven he is capable of being elite...and sam has not holds water.

You haven't to me because Cutler has never been elite. He's never been close to elite. Nor should it matter what Cutler did 5 years ago. They're signing 2014 Jay Cutler. And what he's done the last two years has not been any better than what Sam has done.

You don't earn money based on the distant past...otherwise...we'd have paid Steven Jackson what he wanted last year. You get paid based on who you are now. And who Cutler is now isn't any better than Sam. Just different.(he's more of a gunslinger whereas Sam is more of a game manager)

Name
JP
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You haven't to me because Cutler has never been elite. He's never been close to elite. Nor should it matter what Cutler did 5 years ago. They're signing 2014 Jay Cutler. And what he's done the last two years has not been any better than what Sam has done.

You don't earn money based on the distant past...otherwise...we'd have paid Steven Jackson what he wanted last year. You get paid based on who you are now. And who Cutler is now isn't any better than Sam. Just different.(he's more of a gunslinger whereas Sam is more of a game manager)

If Cutler played how he does, with the Rams WRs, he'd throw 50 interceptions. Sam would open up more if he had WRs like Marshall an dJeffery IMO.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor

over 4500+ yards is elite in my book ...not saying he is always elite just that he has proven he can be on that level where sam has never done that

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
over 4500+ yards is elite in my book ...not saying he is always elite just that he has proven he can be on that level where sam has never done that

It's not elite in my book. Matt Stafford threw for 4650 yards this year. There was nothing elite about his performance.

And Cutler threw for 4500 yards in 2008. That's five years ago. It's irrelevant to his current contract.

However, the year he threw for 4500 yards, he ranked 16th in Passer Rating and only threw 25 TDs. In my opinion, the guy has never been elite.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
I don't usually get into the Bradford discussions but I just don't understand how people can't see how bad this TEAM was when Bradford was drafted. There is no way in hell any QB could have done anything better than Bradford has done with the talent he's had to work with period. That is what frustrates me about this elite crap. All this talk about how great kap,Wilson and luck cracks me up those teams are stacked with talent and look at lucks numbers they are bottom half of the league and he has played the easiest schedule the last two years. It's a team game period the team wins and the team loses. Bradford will get better as this team gets better.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's not elite in my book. Matt Stafford threw for 4650 yards this year. There was nothing elite about his performance.

And Cutler threw for 4500 yards in 2008. That's five years ago. It's irrelevant to his current contract.

However, the year he threw for 4500 yards, he ranked 16th in Passer Rating and only threw 25 TDs. The guy has never been elite.

You're only responding to pieces of what I am saying...im not lobbying for jay cutler as this awesome qb. My overall point has been, and remains he has done far more than Sam Bradford in the nfl cause sam has yet to do much of anything

moklerman

Warner-phile
Wouldn't once in his 8 year career be regarded more of a fluke at this point? His next best year was 3,666. Elite QB's of this century aren't one's who pass for just over 3,000 yards and never 30 TD's. Especially considering the weapons he's had at his disposal and the offenses he's been in.

Granted, Bradford hasn't put up huge numbers either but talk about different circumstances. Bradford still doesn't have his own version of Marshall to throw to and now Cutler has Jeffery to boot!

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wouldn't once in his 8 year career be regarded more of a fluke at this point? His next best year was 3,666. Elite QB's of this century aren't one's who pass for just over 3,000 yards and never 30 TD's. Especially considering the weapons he's had at his disposal and the offenses he's been in.

Granted, Bradford hasn't put up huge numbers either but talk about different circumstances. Bradford still doesn't have his own version of Marshall to throw to and now Cutler has Jeffery to boot!

as mentioned above this is turning into people downplaying cutler vs other actual elite qbs...i could care less about jay cutler in all honesty...but my point remains...WHAT HAS BRADFORD DONE TO SUGGEST HE IS BETTER THAN CUTLER?