Sam Or Cutler?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sam or Cutler?

• Sam

Votes: 57 93.4%
  • Cutler

Votes: 4 6.6%

• Total voters
Name
JP
I know one of the biggest things people harp on with Sam is his contract.

I found Cutler's contract just flat out crazy today.

Just wanted to hear, right now, who would you rather have?

Sam or Cutler?

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
You really think your going to find anyone here who chooses Jay "yes my middle name really is interception" Cutler? :disappoint:

*I chose Sam btw

Name
JP
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You really think your going to find anyone here who chooses Jay "yes my middle name really is interception" Cutler? :disappoint:

*I chose Sam btw

Trust me, I've posted on other boards where the majority might pick Jay... :cray:

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
It's not just other boards. Listen to ESPN101, Neil Rackers, Venturi, Cary Davis, all have given up on Bradford. And there are other guys on other stations saying dump Sam and draft a QB. It's not overwhelming in favor of Bradford.

Thank goodness, it all comes to a head this year.

RFIP

It's not just other boards. Listen to ESPN101, Neil Rackers, Venturi, Cary Davis, all have given up on Bradford. And there are other guys on other stations saying dump Sam and draft a QB. It's not overwhelming in favor of Bradford.

Thank goodness, it all comes to a head this year.

No, thank goodness it all comes down to the head COACH. Rackers? Really? And remind me again of Venturi's illustrious record?

…..

Legend
I remember liking Jay Cutler once upon a time....but then his junior season at Vanderbilt ended and somehow over a single off-season he morphed into a DICK.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
At first I clicked Sam Bradford but before submitting, my homer bias wore off and I realized it was unfair to pick Sam over Jay.

This is no slight at Sam either, simply put, there is nothing to make a case for Sam being better (yet).

Like it or not (I sure as hell don't), Sam Bradford has been an injury prone, inconsistent, gun shy QB that has not lived up to the lofty draft status or contract. Not that it is a fault of Sam, but he is getting paid ELITE money and he is FAR from an elite player. Not to say he hasn't shown (brief) glimpses of that stud qb we all want him to be, or that he won't become that qb, but to this point he is not.

RFIP

At first I clicked Sam Bradford but before submitting, my homer bias wore off and I realized it was unfair to pick Sam over Jay.

This is no slight at Sam either, simply put, there is nothing to make a case for Sam being better (yet).

Like it or not (I sure as hell don't), Sam Bradford has been an injury prone, inconsistent, gun shy QB that has not lived up to the lofty draft status or contract. Not that it is a fault of Sam, but he is getting paid ELITE money and he is FAR from an elite player. Not to say he hasn't shown (brief) glimpses of that stud qb we all want him to be, or that he won't become that qb, but to this point he is not.

You do realize Cutler has missed 12 games in 3 years right? Not to mention not returning to that NFC championship game?

I mean its a fair question and no really wrong answer. just opinions.I'm as big a Bradford fan as there is but I call it straight on who I think is better than him and Cutler is NOT on that list.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You do realize Cutler has missed 12 games in 3 years right? Not to mention not returning to that NFC championship game?

I mean its a fair question and no really wrong answer. just opinions.I'm as big a Bradford fan as there is but I call it straight on who I think is better than him and Cutler is NOT on that list.

Trust me, I am a huge Bradford fan as well and i think he still has a chance to become a very good qb. Problem is, he's not getting paid to be a very good qb. He's getting paid to be elite and he simply isn't. he cripples us financially tying up so much cap space but doesn't produce even close to justifying that.

Cutler has passed for 4,000 yds in a season, and come close to 4k numerous other times in his career. he has flirted with 30 tds quite a few times. Cutler has won playoff games. So, if you want to be fair, he is the superior player up to this point and thats not even debatable.

once again, not to say bradford won't some day surpass him, but that has not happened yet and there are no facts (stats) to claim the contrary.
i think if people can look past the admiration we all as rams fans share for Sammy, we have nothing but hope and homerism to support him being better than Jay

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Everyone knows, I'm not a Bradford guy, but he is my quarterback, and I stand with him. I would love for him to have Cutlers arm strength, but I'll take his accuracy and ball security all day.

RFIP

Everyone knows, I'm not a Bradford guy, but he is my quarterback, and I stand with him. I would love for him to have Cutlers arm strength, but I'll take his accuracy and ball security all day.

El, there are things Sam needs to improve on for sure, as do all QB's, but I promise you his arm strength takes a back seat to no one. I remember when that dude from the Packers (name escapes me) played 1 season for Spags at db (had the dreads) he said "Bradford's arm is as strong as any in football.."

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Why is Bradford the better qb? I suppose thats what I'm missing here. In my mind, I try to let my fandom take a backseat to logic. so until bradford outplays Cutler (he never ever has)...it is completely unfair to say he is better

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Trust me, I am a huge Bradford fan as well and i think he still has a chance to become a very good qb. Problem is, he's not getting paid to be a very good qb. He's getting paid to be elite and he simply isn't. he cripples us financially tying up so much cap space but doesn't produce even close to justifying that.

Cutler has passed for 4,000 yds in a season, and come close to 4k numerous other times in his career. he has flirted with 30 tds quite a few times. Cutler has won playoff games. So, if you want to be fair, he is the superior player up to this point and thats not even debatable.

once again, not to say bradford won't some day surpass him, but that has not happened yet and there are no facts (stats) to claim the contrary.
i think if people can look past the admiration we all as rams fans share for Sammy, we have nothing but hope and homerism to support him being better than Jay

Ok, you do bring up a lot of good points. But as far as contracts go, do you think Cutler deserves the 18 mil a year that he just got in his new contract. Bradford is getting less, and as you said, its not his fault because of the old CBA. Cutler on the other hand, has had a couple 4k seasons and came close to 30td's. If Bradford has remained healthy this year, he would had over 30 td's and much less int's. I rather Have Bradford and his contract, than Cutler and his new one. Unlike a lot of people who would pick Cutler in other forum, you actually make a good case about it. Disagree still, but respectfully ofc.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Honest to god, this isn't to start an argument, but I see people saying that, I have never seen a thing that has made me say "wow". I just don't see it , I look at Jay, Stafford and Ben and I do say "damn". I don't think he has a weak arm, but I just don't see what everyone else does. Maybe the other guys have a different throwing motion that throws me off idk. And it must be me, cause I'm always seeing guys talking about his cannon.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ok, you do bring up a lot of good points. But as far as contracts go, do you think Cutler deserves the 18 mil a year that he just got in his new contract. Bradford is getting less, and as you said, its not his fault because of the old CBA. Cutler on the other hand, has had a couple 4k seasons and came close to 30td's. If Bradford has remained healthy this year, he would had over 30 td's and much less int's. I rather Have Bradford and his contract, than Cutler and his new one. Unlike a lot of people who would pick Cutler in other forum, you actually make a good case about it. Disagree still, but respectfully ofc.

Cutler is also way overpaid now (as are all qbs these days TBH). And if bradford stayed healthy this season this might be an entirely different conversation. Unfortunately, he did not, he sustained a pretty serious injury that leaves his future somewhat in question. And regardless of how well sammy was playing this year the facts remain, his 2013 stat line reads 3-4 with under 2,000 yards and 14 tds.

I guess the way i see it is, they are both overpaid but at least cutler has proven (2008 4,500+ yds 25tds) that he is capable of performing at an elite level in the nfl, sam has yet to do that.

Physically, both QBs posses every measurable skill you could possibly want out of a franchise qb so what separates them is factual nfl performance. what he has done with the pads on not look how accurate he is in shorts.

also, i appreciate the praise as you said i disagree but also respectfully. At the end of the day....i bleed blue and gold