Sam is best in the West

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Graphicker said:
ChrisW said:
Graphicker said:
At the end of the day all that matters is Wins.

3 of those QB's have a .500 record. We need to start winning.

I agree, but don't you think that Sam is doing his job? Not turning the ball over, and putting the ball in the end zone 3 times?

I agree part of the loss in San Fran was on him playing such a crappy game, but he's put up the best numbers against any QB that's play JAX this year.

Well sam will have one week to savor his victory.

Peyton will drop 62 td's next week.

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1916_Cumberland_vs._Georgia_Tech_football_game" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1916_Cumbe ... tball_game</a>

I know this is good and all. But I've seen the games and the stats tell a different story from the eye test.
I wouldn't care if he had Tebow numbers as long as we would have won. Truth is, Sam has as much fault as the defense, WR's and coaching staff for our losses.

1) Not having a voice or speak to Schotty. Or to call his own plays.
2) The constant 3 and outs. The constant throws to receivers in the middle leaving them susceptible to huge hits. The constant 4 yard throws in 3rd down when we need 10. The bad body language.

He has his moments but it's been much more bad than good. I do agree that those stats look BOSS considering his struggling.
Just imagine if we were to click? Dayum..

But sadly we will get rapped by Houston and make Matt look like a GOAT. JJ will have 8 sacks and Taint along with Foster will have 600 yards on us a piece and we'll be left to wonder what went wrong again.

The Rams..... Knocking off the winds on my sail boat since 2005.. Sorry for derailing your thread :p :p
You're doing your best and posting some awesome stats..
Is it possible that we can let someone post something positive without hanging negative twist on it. I understand your upset with the teams performance but no need to go pissing in other people's cheerios all the time.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
iced said:
jrry32 said:
Stranger said:
That's very interesting and brings up a question, or perhaps a couple questions.

What really is the difference between the Rams and the Seahags so far? Does it come down to run game, special teams play, penalties?

And watching parts of the 49er v Texans game, I really couldn't understand how the whiners blew-them out, similar to how they blew-out us 10days earlier. Were the whiners really that much better on the night, and are they really that much better than us?

I guess I'm trying to understand where the points of separation really are between the NFCW teams. Any insights from the Football minds would be appreciated.

3 points:
1. Defense
2. OL
3. Running game

Defense is the biggest. With Stacy, we might close the gap on #3 some. But the first two are huge.

The Seacocks play great defense and have a strong run game. Russell Wilson doesn't have to do much more than manage the game for them. Same with Kaepernick when the 49ers are playing well.

lmao,no...stop..

do not put him with marshawn lynch yet
Nobody compared Stacy to Lynch only stated he may provide us a running game which will help us close the gap

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Rabid Ram said:
iced said:
jrry32 said:
Stranger said:
That's very interesting and brings up a question, or perhaps a couple questions.

What really is the difference between the Rams and the Seahags so far? Does it come down to run game, special teams play, penalties?

And watching parts of the 49er v Texans game, I really couldn't understand how the whiners blew-them out, similar to how they blew-out us 10days earlier. Were the whiners really that much better on the night, and are they really that much better than us?

I guess I'm trying to understand where the points of separation really are between the NFCW teams. Any insights from the Football minds would be appreciated.

3 points:
1. Defense
2. OL
3. Running game

Defense is the biggest. With Stacy, we might close the gap on #3 some. But the first two are huge.

The Seacocks play great defense and have a strong run game. Russell Wilson doesn't have to do much more than manage the game for them. Same with Kaepernick when the 49ers are playing well.

lmao,no...stop..

Nobody compared Stacy to Lynch only stated he may provide us a running game which will help us close the gap
Of course, that's currently a very large gap, but Stacy made a good start on Sunday.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
iced said:
jrry32 said:
Stranger said:

3 points:
1. Defense
2. OL
3. Running game

lmao,no...stop..

I didn't. Closing the gap won't take much considering we were averaging 2.6 yards per carry coming into the Jags game. If Stacy can average around 4.0 to 4.2, he will have significantly closed the gap...but still won't be on Lynch's level. :lol:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Stranger said:

it's very simple.

points against

seagulls - 81
whiners - 98
cards - 95
rams - 141

that's why the rams are sitting at the bottom. the cards offense is abysmal but their defense keeps them in games. the rams d has been beyond awful and the offense isn't good enough yet to win games on it's own.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
jrry32 said:
Stranger said:
ChrisW said:
Sam Bradford - 58.3% 1315 yds. 6.09 avg. 10td 3ints 85.7 rating

Carson Palmer- 58.9% 1185 yds. 6.58 avg. 5td 9ints 67.0 rating

Russell Wilson- 58.3% 997 yds. 7.85 avg. 8td 4ints 91.2 rating

C. Kaepernick- 56.1% 969 yds. 7.34 avg. 6td 4ints 81.9 rating
best in total yrds, not qbr or avg. What did I miss?

The only guy that "challenges" him is Russell Wilson. And Wilson has been a mediocre passer this year. Go take a look. The only reason his numbers look respectable is because of the Jaguars.

The Jaguars helped Sam's numbers a bit too but not to the extent of Wilson.

Wilson without the Jags game:
60/106
56.6%
795 yards
7.5 YPA
4 TDs
3 Ints
81.3 QB Rating

Waaait a minute. You can't just take Wilson's best 20% of the season out of the equation, haha. Take away Sam's day against the Jags and re-compare if you are going to do that. Sorry, but finding one stat and proclaiming our QB to be the best in the West is a tad absurd to me. Sam has higher yds because he has had to chuck it so much due to an ineffective first (and second for the most part) half offense and a defense that allows other teams to walk up and down the field. Carson Palmer put up pretty gaudy #'s last year as well in pretty much the same situation. It was nice to get a win this week, but did I really see someone post that they would much rather have Bradford than Wilson at this point?? Not trying to bash anyone, but would love to have that discussion and maybe someone can straighten ME out. I thought we all agreed we would trade stats for wins??

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
kurtfaulk said:
Stranger said:

it's very simple.

points against

seagulls - 81
whiners - 98
cards - 95
rams - 141

that's why the rams are sitting at the bottom. the cards offense is abysmal but their defense keeps them in games. the rams d has been beyond awful and the offense isn't good enough yet to win games on it's own.

That.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Faceplant said:
jrry32 said:
Stranger said:
ChrisW said:

The only guy that "challenges" him is Russell Wilson. And Wilson has been a mediocre passer this year. Go take a look. The only reason his numbers look respectable is because of the Jaguars.

60/106
56.6%
795 yards
7.5 YPA
4 TDs
3 Ints
81.3 QB Rating

Waaait a minute. You can't just take Wilson's best 20% of the season out of the equation, haha. Take away Sam's day against the Jags and re-compare if you are going to do that. Sorry, but finding one stat and proclaiming our QB to be the best in the West is a tad absurd to me. Sam has higher yds because he has had to chuck it so much due to an ineffective first (and second for the most part) half offense and a defense that allows other teams to walk up and down the field. Carson Palmer put up pretty gaudy #'s last year as well in pretty much the same situation. It was nice to get a win this week, but did I really see someone post that they would much rather have Bradford than Wilson at this point?? Not trying to bash anyone, but would love to have that discussion and maybe someone can straighten ME out. I thought we all agreed we would trade stats for wins??

You can't pick and choose how you get the stats. They are what they are. Would you take away Peyton's performance so far this season based on the easier schedule the Broncos have played?

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I just wanted to say that this is a jinx thread and that it should be obliterated :)

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Faceplant said:
jrry32 said:
Stranger said:
ChrisW said:

60/106
56.6%
795 yards
7.5 YPA
4 TDs
3 Ints
81.3 QB Rating

Bradford's best game, by far, this year was against Arizona, a team that has remained competitive.

Wilson's best game was against the non-competitive Jags.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Faceplant said:
jrry32 said:
Stranger said:
ChrisW said:

60/106
56.6%
795 yards
7.5 YPA
4 TDs
3 Ints
81.3 QB Rating

You put Wilson on this team and we are 0-4. Wilson hasn't even had to carry his own jock yet this year let alone his team.

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rabid Ram said:
Faceplant said:
jrry32 said:
Stranger said:
ChrisW said:

60/106
56.6%
795 yards
7.5 YPA
4 TDs
3 Ints
81.3 QB Rating

You put Wilson on this team and we are 0-4. Wilson hasn't even had to carry his own jock yet this year let alone his team.
I disagree with you. I have seen nothing that would lead me to believe that Wilson could not have won at least as many games behind center for the Rams thus far this year. Again, I am not saying Sam is "the" problem with this team by any means. He has played well at times.

Lets have this discussion in February......

moklerman

Warner-phile
ChrisW said:
jrry32 said:

This is exactly correct. Sam doesn't get ANY help whatsoever. The game is ALWAYS on his shoulders. This is why he gets so much hate all the time.
It does seem that way. When the Seahawks and 49ers have struggled they revert to what made them successful last year. Power running game and good defense. Bradford doesn't really have either of those options. When both of those teams tried to feature Wilson and Kaepernick they started to struggle and it seems the more tape the league gets the less dynamic both of those guys are getting.

Bradford is throwing the ball more than anyone else and his numbers are actually improving. I think the rest of the team has regressed due to inexperience but Bradford has been more efficient statistically.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Faceplant said:

Yea, you can. We're talking about how well a QB has played overall. Not how well they can pad their stats against the worst team in the NFL. Take away Sam's game against Jax. Go ahead.

Our QB has been the best in the West so far. Not because he's been elite...mainly because all the QBs in the West have been pretty average or worse this year.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
kurtfaulk said:
Stranger said:

it's very simple.

points against

seagulls - 81
whiners - 98
cards - 95
rams - 141

amazing to me that we are talking about our D as one of our primary weaknesses.

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
jrry32 said:
Faceplant said:

Yea, you can. We're talking about how well a QB has played overall. Not how well they can pad their stats against the worst team in the NFL. Take away Sam's game against Jax. Go ahead.

Our QB has been the best in the West so far. Not because he's been elite...mainly because all the QBs in the West have been pretty average or worse this year.

So you say you want to judge the entire body of work, yet you take away 20% of it? Also, if you want to look at how well a QB has played overall, would you not consider other things...like quarter by quarter production, or 3rd down conversion % for example. Also, do you not put any stock in win totals when judging QB play? If so, how much?

Hopefully this post doesn't get edited like one I had earlier. I think this is interesting discussion. I certainly don't feel like I have attacked anyone, but apparently feelings are easily bruised around here if we don't all agree on something...especially if it involves Sammy.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Faceplant said:
jrry32 said:
Faceplant said:

So you say you want to judge the entire body of work, yet you take away 20% of it? Tell me how that works?

This argument is worthless. We've both played the Jags, Sam has had the best game of any NFC west QB against them so far. In fact, when they played the She-hawks, The leading passer was Chad Henne. The leading receiver was Cecil Shorts. The only SEA player to lead in a stat was Marshawn Lynch. Zach Stacy had more rushing yards too.

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
ChrisW said:
Faceplant said:
jrry32 said:
Faceplant said:

So you say you want to judge the entire body of work, yet you take away 20% of it? Tell me how that works?

This argument is worthless. We've both played the Jags, Sam has had the best game of any NFC west QB against them so far. In fact, when they played the She-hawks, The leading passer was Chad Henne. The leading receiver was Cecil Shorts. The only SEA player to lead in a stat was Marshawn Lynch. Zach Stacy had more rushing yards too.

The argument is worthless?? What are you talking about? The previous poster CONTRADICTED himself in the SAME PARAGRAPH?!?! As far as "worthless" arguments go, and I am going by memory here, but didn't the shithawks blow the jags out?? We played them at home after 12 days to prepare and it was a 1 score game at one point in the 4th quarter. If we had been up by 28pts in the 2nd half, I HIGHLY doubt Sam would have been slinging it around much either. Talk about a "worthless" comparison.......

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Faceplant said:
ChrisW said:
Faceplant said:
jrry32 said:
Faceplant said:

The argument is worthless?? What are you talking about? The previous poster CONTRADICTED himself in the SAME PARAGRAPH?!?! As far as "worthless" arguments go, and I am going by memory here, but didn't the shithawks blow the jags out?? We played them at home after 12 days to prepare and it was a 1 score game at one point in the 4th quarter. If we had been up by 28pts in the 2nd half, I HIGHLY doubt Sam would have been slinging it around much either. Talk about a "worthless" comparison.......

I was just saying the argument is worthless, because we have both played the Jags. You can include the stats for both QBs or remove them. Sam is still on top either way.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Sam is easily best in the west, not just by stats but by skill.

Wilson and Kaepernick are great game managers and they are lucky to be on such strong teams. However if they were on a team that they had to carry the load instead of being carried, they'd probably be on the bench or about to be kicked out of the NFL. Nobody would be talking about them, that's for sure. Extremely overrated players because of their team, their actual QB ability is pretty low if you ask me.