Sam is best in the West

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Sam Bradford - 58.3% 1315 yds. 6.09 avg. 10td 3ints 85.7 rating

Carson Palmer- 58.9% 1185 yds. 6.58 avg. 5td 9ints 67.0 rating

Russell Wilson- 58.3% 997 yds. 7.85 avg. 8td 4ints 91.2 rating

C. Kaepernick- 56.1% 969 yds. 7.34 avg. 6td 4ints 81.9 rating

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Yeah in the end he's one of the bright spots of this team, if he had San Frans running game or even Denvers OMG.

Graphicker

Starter
At the end of the day all that matters is Wins.

3 of those QB's have a .500 record. We need to start winning.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Graphicker said:

I agree, but don't you think that Sam is doing his job? Not turning the ball over, and putting the ball in the end zone 3 times?

I agree part of the loss in San Fran was on him playing such a crappy game, but he's put up the best numbers against any QB that's play JAX this year.

Graphicker

Starter
ChrisW said:
Graphicker said:

I agree, but don't you think that Sam is doing his job? Not turning the ball over, and putting the ball in the end zone 3 times?

I agree part of the loss in San Fran was on him playing such a crappy game, but he's put up the best numbers against any QB that's play JAX this year.

Well sam will have one week to savor his victory.

Peyton will drop 62 td's next week.

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1916_Cumberland_vs._Georgia_Tech_football_game" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1916_Cumbe ... tball_game</a>

I know this is good and all. But I've seen the games and the stats tell a different story from the eye test.
I wouldn't care if he had Tebow numbers as long as we would have won. Truth is, Sam has as much fault as the defense, WR's and coaching staff for our losses.

1) Not having a voice or speak to Schotty. Or to call his own plays.
2) The constant 3 and outs. The constant throws to receivers in the middle leaving them susceptible to huge hits. The constant 4 yard throws in 3rd down when we need 10. The bad body language.

He has his moments but it's been much more bad than good. I do agree that those stats look BOSS considering his struggling.
Just imagine if we were to click? Dayum..

But sadly we will get rapped by Houston and make Matt look like a GOAT. JJ will have 8 sacks and Taint along with Foster will have 600 yards on us a piece and we'll be left to wonder what went wrong again.

The Rams..... Knocking off the winds on my sail boat since 2005.. Sorry for derailing your thread :p :p
You're doing your best and posting some awesome stats..

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Graphicker said:
ChrisW said:
Graphicker said:

Well sam will have one week to savor his victory.

Peyton will drop 62 td's next week.

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1916_Cumberland_vs._Georgia_Tech_football_game" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1916_Cumbe ... tball_game</a>

I know this is good and all. But I've seen the games and the stats tell a different story from the eye test.
I wouldn't care if he had Tebow numbers as long as we would have won. Truth is, Sam has as much fault as the defense, WR's and coaching staff for our losses.

1) Not having a voice or speak to Schotty. Or to call his own plays.
2) The constant 3 and outs. The constant throws to receivers in the middle leaving them susceptible to huge hits. The constant 4 yard throws in 3rd down when we need 10. The bad body language.

He has his moments but it's been much more bad than good. I do agree that those stats look BOSS considering his struggling.
Just imagine if we were to click? Dayum..

But sadly we will get rapped by Houston and make Matt look like a GOAT. JJ will have 8 sacks and Taint along with Foster will have 600 yards on us a piece and we'll be left to wonder what went wrong again.

The Rams..... Knocking off the winds on my sail boat since 2005.. Sorry for derailing your thread :p :p
You're doing your best and posting some awesome stats..

By all means, keep it coming.

The truth is, we don't know anything that goes on at Rams park. The only thing we see is the wins and the raw stats. That's what we have to go off, anything more is over analyzing the situation, as I think you have done with this previous post.

Moving to next week. What is the one and only thing that holds true in the NFL? That would be ANY GIVEN SUNDAY. There are no sure things, other than Denver beating JAX next week.

I would be game planning to full tilt stop the run, play off coverage as much as I hate it and make Schaub beat me for a full 4 quarters with his arm.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Really is good to see, and its not even a close race, but the top two will never be talked about as much as the bottom two.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I wouldn't trade Sam for any of those three guys. I'm not a fan of having a running back playing QB, and Palmer is just an older version of Sam.

moklerman

Warner-phile
HE WITH HORNS said:
I wouldn't trade Sam for any of those three guys. I'm not a fan of having a running back playing QB, and Palmer is just an older version of Sam.
Gotta disagree. If nothing else, Bradford has protected the ball throughout his whole career. Palmer has been very poor in that regard for years now.

Bradford's #11 in TD% at 4.6 and #5 in INT% at 1.4. He's doing well so far in a tough situation.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
moklerman said:
Gotta disagree. If nothing else, Bradford has protected the ball throughout his whole career. Palmer has been very poor in that regard for years now.

I was just talking about them both being a #1 overall pick that turned out to be good but not great, and both are pocket passers with strong arms.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

And... Brady's played Buffalo, Tampa, Jets, Atlanta, Cincy. Much easier schedule!

Quarterbacking is hard.

moklerman

Warner-phile
CGI_Ram said:

And... Brady's played Buffalo, Tampa, Jets, Atlanta, Cincy. Much easier schedule!

Quarterbacking is hard.
Why is Brady choosing not to elevate those around him? He should share that magic.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Interestingly enough, some QBs that Bradford is outplaying to this point:
1. Tom Brady
2. Matt Schaub
3. Ben Roethlisberger
4. Joe Flacco
5. Eli Manning
6. Colin Kaepernick
7. Russell Wilson
8. RGIII
9. Cam Newton

As frustrated as Bradford can make me, the grass might not be greener on the other side.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
ChrisW said:

best in total yrds, not qbr or avg. What did I miss?

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
moklerman said:
CGI_Ram said:

Quarterbacking is hard.
Why is Brady choosing not to elevate those around him? He should share that magic.
Brady's just choosing not to be elite like he did in those 2 Super Bowls too.

When you get as great as him I guess you now don't have to elevate your players or your coaches and now it can actually be their fault. :lol:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Stranger said:
ChrisW said:

The only guy that "challenges" him is Russell Wilson. And Wilson has been a mediocre passer this year. Go take a look. The only reason his numbers look respectable is because of the Jaguars.

The Jaguars helped Sam's numbers a bit too but not to the extent of Wilson.

Wilson without the Jags game:
60/106
56.6%
795 yards
7.5 YPA
4 TDs
3 Ints
81.3 QB Rating

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
jrry32 said:
Stranger said:
ChrisW said:

The only guy that "challenges" him is Russell Wilson. And Wilson has been a mediocre passer this year. Go take a look. The only reason his numbers look respectable is because of the Jaguars.

The Jaguars helped Sam's numbers a bit too but not to the extent of Wilson.

Wilson without the Jags game:
60/106
56.6%
795 yards
7.5 YPA
4 TDs
3 Ints
81.3 QB Rating
That's very interesting and brings up a question, or perhaps a couple questions.

What really is the difference between the Rams and the Seahags so far? Does it come down to run game, special teams play, penalties?

And watching parts of the 49er v Texans game, I really couldn't understand how the whiners blew-them out, similar to how they blew-out us 10days earlier. Were the whiners really that much better on the night, and are they really that much better than us?

I guess I'm trying to understand where the points of separation really are between the NFCW teams. Any insights from the Football minds would be appreciated.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Stranger said:
That's very interesting and brings up a question, or perhaps a couple questions.

What really is the difference between the Rams and the Seahags so far? Does it come down to run game, special teams play, penalties?

And watching parts of the 49er v Texans game, I really couldn't understand how the whiners blew-them out, similar to how they blew-out us 10days earlier. Were the whiners really that much better on the night, and are they really that much better than us?

I guess I'm trying to understand where the points of separation really are between the NFCW teams. Any insights from the Football minds would be appreciated.

3 points:
1. Defense
2. OL
3. Running game

Defense is the biggest. With Stacy, we might close the gap on #3 some. But the first two are huge.

The Seacocks play great defense and have a strong run game. Russell Wilson doesn't have to do much more than manage the game for them. Same with Kaepernick when the 49ers are playing well.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
jrry32 said:
The Seacocks play great defense and have a strong run game. Russell Wilson doesn't have to do much more than manage the game for them. Same with Kaepernick when the 49ers are playing well.

This is exactly correct. Sam doesn't get ANY help whatsoever. The game is ALWAYS on his shoulders. This is why he gets so much hate all the time.

iced

jrry32 said:
Stranger said:

3 points:
1. Defense
2. OL
3. Running game

Defense is the biggest. With Stacy, we might close the gap on #3 some. But the first two are huge.

lmao,no...stop..

do not put him with marshawn lynch yet