Sam Fire Fisher

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
in the jets game I thought keenan out played petty. petty had 2 training camps, 2 pre seasons and 1 and half seasons setting on the bench. didn't seem to learn much but if the jets play him 2 or 3 more games I bet he will get better. you can learn setting on the bench but there is nothing like experience.
Keenum was 9/19 for 51 yards from the 2nd Q on, so Im not sure he played better than anyone. At least Petty lead his team to a TD.
And Petty was also facing a top defense, unlike Case.....

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Hey, if you can get it into the pipe, you can smoke it!
question-mark-face.gif

Hey, I hear ya man!!

Smokin'.jpg
Your Right!!

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
That's funny you used Byron Scott as an example, I just did the same last week when my buddy was asking me about Jeff Fisher. When Byron was coaching the Lakers he was the same way as Fisher, obsessed with Kobe like Fisher is Case. The Lakers were the Kobe show, Byrons game plan was we're gonna pass to Kobe, Kobe gonna dribble it up and pass back to Kobe then Kobe gonna pass inside to Kobe and Kobe gonna dunk it. That mentality got the Lakers a 21-61 record last year while we had young kids just wasting away on the bench getting no minutes. Look at the Lakers now, they have a young coach that has faith in his coaching abilities to get these kids prepared and he has these kids winning games. Just like it was obvious Byron had to go, it's starting to look more and more the same for Fisher as each day passes.

Badfinger

RamStalk Refugee
Name
-
That's funny you used Byron Scott as an example, I just did the same last week when my buddy was asking me about Jeff Fisher. When Byron was coaching the Lakers he was the same way as Fisher, obsessed with Kobe like Fisher is Case. The Lakers were the Kobe show, Byrons game plan was we're gonna pass to Kobe, Kobe gonna dribble it up and pass back to Kobe then Kobe gonna pass inside to Kobe and Kobe gonna dunk it. That mentality got the Lakers a 21-61 record last year while we had young kids just wasting away on the bench getting no minutes. Look at the Lakers now, they have a young coach that has faith in his coaching abilities to get these kids prepared and he has these kids winning games. Just like it was obvious Byron had to go, it's starting to look more and more the same for Fisher as each day passes.

Lakers were 17-65 last year, but yes, your point remains...

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I imagine only Coach Fisher and his team know that (or at least they have an opinion on it - but my point is that their opinion is more educated than our opinion because he sees the guys every day as well as being, you know...an NFL head coach with a gazillion years experience - (most of it losing though I get that))

That though, is the classic "appeal to authority" fallacy.

Yes, the obviously have more coaching experience than we do. But we can still see results, and that is the ultimate arbiter of success and failure.

We can see Fisher's hand-picked, indeed *anointed* QB underwhelm, miss open receivers, fail to see them sometimes, and in general fail to lead this team to TD's on any consistent basis, while our offense languishes in the 30's as far as rankings go.

We can see Carson Wentz, taken one pick behind Goff, play decent football, despite having less experience in the preseason than Goff was given.

We can see Dak Prescott, who came out of a spread offense not unlike that of Goff, play very effectively for a team that is steamrolling towards the playoffs. And for those of you who want to negate Prescott's accomplishments by noting the talent around him - that certainly helps, but he still has to read the defenses, still has to know the assignments, still has to find the open receiver, and still has to get the ball there. He's done all that, because he's been well-coached.

We can see Cody Kessler, with the Cleveland Freakin' Browns put up a passer rating in the 90's, while Fisher's anointed QB Keenum is stuck in the 60's.

We've seen Jacoby Brissett come in and win his very first start and play generally decent.

Every single one of those guys listed above is a rookie, and of the three above that have started and continue to be starting, ALL of them have outplayed Case Keenum. All of them were drafted after Jared Goff. In the case of Kessler, the talent level surrounding him is no better, if not worse, than the Rams.

So why should I trust the staff's experience on this? In any one of the other environments listed above, Goff would have played and probably did ok or better, and would have gotten valuable experience that simply can't be obtained on the bench.

Face it, they've screwed the pooch on this. They've hindered Goff's development, they've tanked the Rams season, and they've screwed the Rams return to LA. Experienced or not, this is incompetence of Spagnolian proportions, and it should have the same ending once the season is over.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
Keenum was 9/19 for 51 yards from the 2nd Q on, so Im not sure he played better than anyone. At least Petty lead his team to a TD.
And Petty was also facing a top defense, unlike Case.....

I think you missed my point I didn't mean to have a debate on which qb was worse. the point I was trying to make was petty played poorly after setting for a year and half and that if the jets keep playing him he imo will learn more in 2 or 3 games then he did in his bench time. I don't explain things very well sorry.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Keenum is a tough hard nosed qb, with very little arm talent and physical limitations. There are a lot of QB's who fit that description. What makes a QB good in the NFL is that same Personality Make up WITH Arm talent and more times than not physically gifted in some way.

I believe 100% there isn't another coach in the league who would have stuck with this kid this long. Honestly I'm not TOTALLY opposed to Goff on sidelines learning, but at worst Mannion should have been given a shot. He's basically a wasted pick. No one has any idea what he could do, and it's highly probable no one ever will as long as he's a Ram.

I read where guy are sticking up for Keenum, but he has done ZERO to win a game. His perfect out, his ceiling is keeping the offense from losing the game. That is not a winning g philosophy for an NFL team. That works if your starter is hurt and you need your back up to play a couple of games, but not a season long game plan.

Fisher needs to go. He does not have any idea how to win in today's NBA.. He's Byron Scott, implementing strategies that worked in the 80's and refusing to adapt.

giphy.gif

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Honestly, never had smoked halibut. It's too good baked, deep fried in beer batter, or grilled.

But I found this:
http://www.all-about-smoking-meat.com/smoked-halibut.html
And for Swordfish:
http://www.livestrong.com/article/447756-how-to-grill-and-smoke-swordfish/

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that the wife and I smoked hooligan for the first time this past summer.
Holy crap! All these years making fun of the people lined up in the Cook Inlet going after these little guys...and turns out their delicious.
At one time I thought people caught them to use as bait.

Again, nothing against Sam Fire Fishers, to each their own. I just prefer the Big Chief.

Nice!!!!!

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
1fefc5e5490c10ad5e5a1239b2416b97.jpg

ummmm duuuuhh? any other questions?

Slamming Sammy Snead, until recently he held the record for most tournament wins. He also became the first player to score under his age with a 59. In my book, one of the best 3 golfers of all time.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Let me ask you this - can all fish be smoked?
I know salmon is great but can i smoke swordfish or halibut ?
Generally, you want an oily, firm fish. Halibut belly is ok but the main filet (even though firm)... meh. Swordfish simply has the wrong flavor profile if you ask me. But all in all, if you like a smokey flavor, you can smoke just about anything.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Again, nothing against Sam Fire Fishers, to each their own. I just prefer the Big Chief.
I use the hell out of my Smoky Mountains and they hold up great with no insulation needed in cold weather.

And yes... I'd love nothing better than to derail a thread that has no appreciation for Fisher's NBA coaching skills and Sam ought to have realized that long ago.