Sam Fire Fisher

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DickersonGurley

Naga...nagunnaposthereanymore
Name
Faulk
Keenum is a tough hard nosed qb, with very little arm talent and physical limitations. There are a lot of QB's who fit that description. What makes a QB good in the NFL is that same Personality Make up WITH Arm talent and more times than not physically gifted in some way.

I believe 100% there isn't another coach in the league who would have stuck with this kid this long. Honestly I'm not TOTALLY opposed to Goff on sidelines learning, but at worst Mannion should have been given a shot. He's basically a wasted pick. No one has any idea what he could do, and it's highly probable no one ever will as long as he's a Ram.

I read where guy are sticking up for Keenum, but he has done ZERO to win a game. His perfect out, his ceiling is keeping the offense from losing the game. That is not a winning g philosophy for an NFL team. That works if your starter is hurt and you need your back up to play a couple of games, but not a season long game plan.

Fisher needs to go. He does not have any idea how to win in today's NBA.. He's Byron Scott, implementing strategies that worked in the 80's and refusing to adapt.

JerseyRam1

Rookie
Other than all the Fisherball stuff that we all dislike, just think about this. Prescott is holding off a Pro-bowl level QB coming off injury and Goff cant unseat a career backup. 32 teams, including the Cowboys had Goff rated MUCH higher than Prescott. Only Fisher will not let Goff play, even after Keenum drives the offense to the lowest in the league, averaging 10 pts a game. Its time to move on. Its so hard as a fan because you want to see them win, but winning only prolongs the status quo of 7-9.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
image.jpeg

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Forget the Wentz and Prescott comparisons, Cody Kessler would be an upgrade from Keenum. In 135 less pass attempts he has only 3 fewer touchdowns and his passer rating is leaps and bounds better, 95.7 to 76.8
So if Kessler can be an obvious upgrade, how can Goff not be???
Granted, Case had a great game vs Detroit, a good game vs Arizona and a decent game vs Tampa. In the other 6 he is so beyond dreadful

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
If they've committed to red-shirting Goff because they think it will serve him better than playing then I think we've got to trust the process and just accept it. I'm not happy with it either, but because they've done it this season is now wasted - so whats the best thing for Goff and the future Rams starting from now? I imagine only Coach Fisher and his team know that (or at least they have an opinion on it - but my point is that their opinion is more educated than our opinion because he sees the guys every day as well as being, you know...an NFL head coach with a gazillion years experience - (most of it losing though I get that)).

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
While I appreciate this headline...I prefer my fish smoked.

Pick up your front loaded Big Chief at Walmart today. And beware. If a black bear is in the area, he may come by to see what smells so yummy.

Go Rams!

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Granted, Case had a great game vs Detroit, a good game vs Arizona and a decent game vs Tampa.

You probably will agree with me - those games were fool's gold. They gave the coaching staff a false sense of confidence regarding Keenum. Two of them came against bad defenses, and came at a time where everybody was getting comfortable with Groh's passing concepts, and while there was little film on the Rams running it. But now there is enough film and teams are adjusting to make Keenum beat them, knowing full well he can't because he simply lacks the arm to do so. Meanwhile, those games were used as an excuse to push Goff's development back even further.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
While I appreciate this headline...I prefer my fish smoked.

Pick up your front loaded Big Chief at Walmart today. And beware. If a black bear is in the area, he may come by to see what smells so yummy.

Go Rams!

Let me ask you this - can all fish be smoked?
I know salmon is great but can i smoke swordfish or halibut ?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Let me just say this, IF Fisher doesn't start Goff against Miami, which at this point appears he Won't, He better know, The 1st Bad play by Keenum, the Crowd "Boooing and Calling for Goff!" will be Heard All the way back at TC, 60 miles away, in Thousand Oaks! AND HE BETTER MAKE A SWITCH right away or it WILL GET UGLY!!
"Take it from this 'OLD' Fan, I know L.A.!!"

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You probably will agree with me - those games were fool's gold. They gave the coaching staff a false sense of confidence regarding Keenum. Two of them came against bad defenses, and came at a time where everybody was getting comfortable with Groh's passing concepts, and while there was little film on the Rams running it. But now there is enough film and teams are adjusting to make Keenum beat them, knowing full well he can't because he simply lacks the arm to do so. Meanwhile, those games were used as an excuse to push Goff's development back even further.
To emphasize your point:

Case Keenum vs Tampa Bay, Arizona and Detroit
59/88 777 yards 7td 2int 111.8 rating

Other 6 games
132/225 1392 yards 2td 9int 63 rating

Last 3 games
76/129 752 yards 2td 5int 64.5 rating

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If they've committed to red-shirting Goff because they think it will serve him better than playing then I think we've got to trust the process and just accept it. I'm not happy with it either, but because they've done it this season is now wasted - so whats the best thing for Goff and the future Rams starting from now? I imagine only Coach Fisher and his team know that (or at least they have an opinion on it - but my point is that their opinion is more educated than our opinion because he sees the guys every day as well as being, you know...an NFL head coach with a gazillion years experience - (most of it losing though I get that)).

that's my issue if Fish and CO had said Goff wont sniff the field this year he is sitting to learn and adjust etc ...i'm not sure that many people would mind (you'd have a grumble or two but whatever) .. its the "he will play when ready" narrative ,,,then proceed to not get him ready ... its stupid

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
Let me ask you this - can all fish be smoked?
I know salmon is great but can i smoke swordfish or halibut ?
Honestly, never had smoked halibut. It's too good baked, deep fried in beer batter, or grilled.

But I found this:
http://www.all-about-smoking-meat.com/smoked-halibut.html
And for Swordfish:
http://www.livestrong.com/article/447756-how-to-grill-and-smoke-swordfish/

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that the wife and I smoked hooligan for the first time this past summer.
Holy crap! All these years making fun of the people lined up in the Cook Inlet going after these little guys...and turns out their delicious.
At one time I thought people caught them to use as bait.

Again, nothing against Sam Fire Fishers, to each their own. I just prefer the Big Chief.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan

in the jets game I thought keenan out played petty. petty had 2 training camps, 2 pre seasons and 1 and half seasons setting on the bench. didn't seem to learn much but if the jets play him 2 or 3 more games I bet he will get better. you can learn setting on the bench but there is nothing like experience.