Sam Bradford wanted $25 Million a year

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Sorry but Bradford is not as good as Flacco and he isn't even close to Ryan. I don't think many guys would agree that Bradford is even a top 20 QB.

Stands tall in the pocket, not really. Accurate? not Bradford unless it's a dink pass. Excellent at reading defenses..........that's actually aknock on him and has been the entire time he's played in the NFL.

Why is it that people who like Bradford always say different opinions about him are hate?
I didn't mean that you yourself "hated" on him. I just think the general perception on him is wrong. Some people do hate n him and find anything he does (ie body language) to be proof that they are right. Of course you're entitled to a differing opinion on his skill set than I am. I know most don't consider him a top 20 QB. Personally I think he's 13/14th best. I.e. Marginally above average. That means you can do a lot worse-if you guarantee he can be healthy which you can't. Re: what you and I see differently in his skill set - he's rated as the most accurate passer in the league under pressure this year in adjusted accuracy (drops taken out - you can disagree with the efficacy of the metric used - that's just a matter of opinion). His deep ball accuracy is middle of the pack. No QB but Rodgers seemingly makes ever downfield throw. Pocket prescence and mobility in the pocket were good I thought this year - he climbed it well and if you watch their game vs Washington you'll see three or four times he stands in the pocket against the blitz, takes a shot and makes them pay for it.

It's funny that we're still arguing about this guy though...he's not going to be a Ram so it's kind of irrelevant. I'm saying I wouldn't mind him as a Ram though for 15m or so. It's what you pay for a QB of his calibre. You want Foles quarterbacking us this year? Or Manziel or Hoyer? Then you have to pay.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Sorry but Bradford is not as good as Flacco and he isn't even close to Ryan. I don't think many guys would agree that Bradford is even a top 20 QB.

Stands tall in the pocket, not really. Accurate? not Bradford unless it's a dink pass. Excellent at reading defenses..........that's actually aknock on him and has been the entire time he's played in the NFL.

Why is it that people who like Bradford always say different opinions about him are hate?
I agree 100%

tempests

Hall of Fame
That's his level. Second tier. You can win super bowls with those guys - Eli, Flacco etc.

Well, I disagree. Sam doesn't have their confidence. In SB 42, does Sam hang in there long enough to make that throw to David Tyree? I kind of doubt it. Sam is conservative to a fault and that goes back to his OU days. Taking risks is just not something he's comfortable with. As others on this site have suggested, he's more invested in making the "right" play then feeling the flow of the game and trusting his natural ability. Or the ability of his teammates.

No doubt his revolving door of OCs and supporting cast have had a detrimental effect and contributed to this over the years.

Watching these playoff games I see Peyton and Brady's receivers dropping passes, often ones that hit them right in the hands. And yeah, they get the stare, but after that it's over. the team is like, "OK, we missed the first down there, but there will be 15 yards for the taking on this next play." These Eagles receivers have a bad drop, and it's more like "OK, we had one chance for a big play on this drive, and we missed it."

That short term memory / belief that "we're unstoppable when we're on" is just hard to come by on teams that don't make the playoffs, and I don't think Sam has ever had it.