Sam Bradford underwent Knee surgery on tuesday

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

nanotech

Rookie
Sam will be back (probably lower financial commitment from Rams). He will be the best thing available to start the year. Rams will draft a QB early. Chips will fall where they may after that.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Rotoworld. Man are they annoying. Whoever puts out those updates is a world-class troll. They always take a legit quote or headline and then narrate after it so that you have to actually do work to see who said what.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I think we need chicken bone crosses
cerrano.jpg

BuffaloRam

Pro Bowler
I think Bradford would be pretty close to being ready by the start of camp next year. His original injury took place in week 7 and he had surgery during the first week of November. He is already a full 6 weeks ahead of where he was last year. The question I think that is relevant, is how strong his leg was prior to the surgery - if it was at 100%, then you could expect a 9-12 month recovery time and he could be ready to go for week 1 of 2015. If it wasn't, then he may be delayed a bit. Too any variables at this stage to write him off or pencil him in as starter. JMO

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Do we know if he had the Experimental ACL or hybrid (combo synthetic/natural ligament) ACL replacement surgery? Did they need to do a bone graft?

Any details?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Do we know if he had the Experimental ACL or hybrid (combo synthetic/natural ligament) ACL replacement surgery? Did they need to do a bone graft?

Any details?
They used chicken bones. Why aren't you keeping up?:sneaky:

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I was just wondering who made the final decision to let him go full contact. I'm not sure I'd call it blame since there's no way to prove anything but I would like some clarification on how it's all determined because I feel there is something to learn here. Not just for us, but for all sports. All the tests may say it's good to go but it's always better to wait a little longer than you think, especially when there's data that suggests success is better the further out you go. And just because there are a few examples of players coming back VERY soon and doing fine, I don't think that should start becoming protocol or even close.

At this point, it's water under the bridge.
But by your logic Jake Long shouldnt play this entire season. Bradford didn't come back any earlier than any other athlete has, he had more time than most even. It was just bad luck pure and simple.

RAM's-NWST

UDFA
Is there a chance the injury isn't as bad as thought OR is it a complete reconstruction no matter what?

RFIP

He's actually 8 weeks ahead of last years injury.

Btw do we have any word HOW THE SURGERY WENT???

Damn it's like pulling teeth from these local guys to get ANY word on this.

I think Bradford would be pretty close to being ready by the start of camp next year. His original injury took place in week 7 and he had surgery during the first week of November. He is already a full 6 weeks ahead of where he was last year. The question I think that is relevant, is how strong his leg was prior to the surgery - if it was at 100%, then you could expect a 9-12 month recovery time and he could be ready to go for week 1 of 2015. If it wasn't, then he may be delayed a bit. Too any variables at this stage to write him off or pencil him in as starter. JMO

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Is there a chance the injury isn't as bad as thought OR is it a complete reconstruction no matter what?
There is a pretty good chance that they can reuse the tunnels in the bones from the first surgery if they are still good. It also depends on if he used a ligament from his body or a cadavers ligament. Hopefully we will get better details about the extant of the tear and the surgery.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Godspeed Sam Bradford. Heal well, heal fast!

RFIP

Ok so now his surgery was MONDAY??? WTF?!?!

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- St. Louis Rams quarterback Sam Bradford did not want to wait any longer to begin the long road to recovery from his second torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee in as many seasons.

So Bradford, who tore the ACL for a second time in the Aug. 23 preseason game against the Cleveland Browns, decided to get the surgery done Monday, Rams coach Jeff Fisher confirmed.

"Sam Bradford also had surgery that was successful Monday," Fisher said. "He’ll be back in town here Friday and will be back with us next week. Doctors gave a good report. Sam decided over the weekend and we talked prior to the game that he wanted to go ahead and get it done and get on that comeback trail again that he knows so well.”

Bradford told reporters last week that Dr. James Andrews would be handling this surgery like he did the first one on Nov. 18 of last year. Andrews did that procedure in Pensacola, Fla.

After a little recovery, Bradford has indicated he'd like to stay around the team as he rehabs so he can offer advice and help for quarterbacks Shaun Hill, Austin Davis and Garrett Gilbert.

"I enjoy being around here," Bradford said. "Hopefully the guys and Shaun enjoy having me around. It’s going to be pretty similar to last year. I’ll be rehabbing here, sitting in on meetings, going out to practice when I can and just offering my ideas when I have them and just trying to help Shaun and just be an ear and eye for him."

BuffaloRam

Pro Bowler
There is a pretty good chance that they can reuse the tunnels in the bones from the first surgery if they are still good. It also depends on if he used a ligament from his body or a cadavers ligament. Hopefully we will get better details about the extant of the tear and the surgery.
You hit the nail on the head there - the choice of graft this time is so important. I'm hoping they give everyone a but if a heads up. God speed to Bradford and his recovery.

RamWoodie

Legend
The question has to be asked if Bradford was playing too soon. No one has been asking it. Everything I've read says that patients are at the highest risk of a re-tear in the first year post-op. Bradford wasn't even close to being a year after the surgery. I have to question the move there, whether that's on the doctors, coaches, or even Bradford himself. I honestly don't think he should have been playing so soon- at least not full contact.
Well...OTOH, you look at AP he came back faster too. I think the point has to be it's risky period. Never forget that his doc cleared him to play.

When you look at that hit at Cleveland...all you can can do is ask "why that knee?"