Jake Long out for the season...again

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Me too @Dog I actually am happy for Sam. And Jake Long too. It is frustrating things did not work out well with the Rams. Even that play I posted above was kind of a fluke injury. It was just not meant to be with the Rams.

Athos

Legend
(n):whistle::eek:

Does Sam no longer have nightmares from when Long got put on his ass leading to his ACL retear?

Put Long at OG and maybe.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I'm calling it, they both tear their ACL in the same play this time. Oh wait... Neither are playing for the Rams so instead they stay healthy and are Pro Bowl bound!

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I forgot about that failure at left tackle . Add him to Barron , Smith , and # 73 . I know I'm beating a dead horse , but how long does it take to find a solid left tackle .
If you're not the Rams, about one season. :cautious:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-to-miss-rest-of-season-with-achilles-injury/

Jake Long expected to miss rest of season with Achilles injury
Posted by Josh Alper on November 13, 2016

623037606-e1479075220998.jpg
Getty Images

More changes are coming to the Vikings offensive line.

Left tackle Jake Long was carted off late in Sunday’s loss to the Redskins and coach Mike Zimmer announced after the game that the veteran injured his Achilles. Zimmer said it likely ends his season and it definitely leaves the Vikings in search of another left tackle.

Long signed with the team last month after Matt Kalil was placed on injured reserve. The Vikings also have original right tackle Andre Smith on injured reserve. Kalil will be eligible to return in a couple of weeks, but doing so would eliminate any chance of Adrian Peterson playing again this year.

Matt Vensel of the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports that guard Alex Boone said he would talk to offensive line coach Tony Sparano about moving to left tackle. Boone has played tackle in the past, but that would open another hole on the line and the need to shuffle that group again is another sign of how many holes there are in the ship after a four-game losing streak.

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
Really feel for Jake. Another really good guy and teammate.Best wishes to him and his wife Jackie as he recovers.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
offensive line coach Tony Sparano

Remember when Rams fans were wondering why the Rams couldn't hire a guy like Sparano who was obviously a genius because of how he turned around the Dolphins.

Continuity can be helpful.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Jake got his paycheck and can ride back into retirement. Gratz big guy and I don't fault you since it was the Vikes, who can suck it.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Sam breathes a sigh of relief. Until the next stiff starts whiffing.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
i saw him go down and knew he was done ,,,Jake settle for retirement fella... your health isnt worth one more paycheck

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Vikings are collapsing albeit most due to injury, it will be interesting to see what they do next season at Quarterback and running back. GM Speilman gave it a shot unbelievable how the injury bug has devastated that team.

Psycho_X

Legend
Man, that sucks for him. After so many major injuries you'd think he'd just want to hang it up.

Vikings are reeling, what a difference a month makes.

fearsomefour

Legend
Yup. Another "I'm smarter then everyone else" move by Snisher.
They like to draft potential over polish. The problem is when it is a position of desperate need, like LT was, take the guy you can plug in now. I wanted Matthews for this reason.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Just too brittle...Man, I'd suggest some yoga to stay loose this off-season.

I wanted Matthews for this reason.
I'd still want G-Rob over Matthews. Watch him...decent pass pro, but MEH run blocker. The guy from that draft, at that position, was Taylor Lewan. Real beast...

fearsomefour

Legend
Just too brittle...Man, I'd suggest some yoga to stay loose this off-season.

I'd still want G-Rob over Matthews. Watch him...decent pass pro, but MEH run blocker. The guy from that draft, at that position, was Taylor Lewan. Real beast...
I remember him in college, have paid no attention since the draft....how has been in the pros?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I remember him in college, have paid no attention since the draft....how has been in the pros?
Lewan or Matthews?

I've seen both...more of Lewan. I was interested in the formation of the Titan O-Line....Warmack, Swenke the center (sp?, and I think he doesn't start anymore)...Lewan is turning into a league top 5 LT...and is a damn fine young man, regardless of his past immature acts. really good run blocker...Check out D. Murray. #2 rusher in the league. Marcus Marriota too...I like what the Titans have done.

First impressions of Matthews was hardknocks...he went against JJ Watt in practice (Atl vs Houston)...seemed to be hanging in there, but the way JJ was manhandling him...just not a good look. He's got great footwork, his pass pro is something to see if you like line-play. He rarely gets fooled by twists/stunts.. .Th only thing I see that I really don't like, when he gets bull-rushed, he's on skates. Similarly, he's not a great drive blocker.

Look at Lewan run block, truly a thing of beauty. Same with G-Rob when he gets his hands on an opponent. They move bodies...I don't see that with Matthews.

but I'd take all 3...I really believe after watching them, Greg will be the best after 5 years...well, in 2 more years...