Sam Bradford- This is what you should do

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ABIGRAMFAN

UDFA
Name
ABIGRAMFAN
Make an announcement that you will be voiding your current contract and working for the Rams for the League minimum for the next 2 years. At the end of 2015 you and the Rams will decide on a compensation package for the work you have been able to do for the team. You will say that the Rams have made you a wealthy man and that you need to prove to everyone that you are a team first player and want to free up cap space for the team being that your future is physically questionable. This would guarantee you a roster spot on the Rams and the chance to prove yourself to a team, and fan base, that has been great to you.

You could be the first pro athlete who essentially restructures his contract down because of performance issues. Even though your performance issues were due to injuries.

WWJD?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
You could be the first pro athlete who essentially restructures his contract down because of performance issues. Even though your performance issues were due to injuries.
And that's why it won't happen.

Irish

Starter
He had better go into witness protection shortly after this announcement, because when Tom Condon gets wind of his little speech he is going to burn his house down and spend the rest of his days hunting Sam Bradford

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Make an announcement that you will be voiding your current contract and working for the Rams for the League minimum for the next 2 years. At the end of 2015 you and the Rams will decide on a compensation package for the work you have been able to do for the team. You will say that the Rams have made you a wealthy man and that you need to prove to everyone that you are a team first player and want to free up cap space for the team being that your future is physically questionable. This would guarantee you a roster spot on the Rams and the chance to prove yourself to a team, and fan base, that has been great to you.

WWJD?
Why not, well for one thing, 2 words:
Players Association

CoachO

Hall of Fame
which is exactly what YOU would do if you were in the same position, right? Let's advocate that he do this, right after YOU walk in to your employer, and admit that you haven't lived up to the level of what is expected of you in your job every day you have been under their employment, and offer to work for what they deem to be fair compensation for your future, regardless of how long you have been there, and your contractual agreement already in force!

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Maybe Mr. FLV can answer this since I'm having troubles finding a true ans.
What's the cap ramifications if Bradford just comes out and says " Screw it guys I'm retiring as of now". Does everything move to this years cap? or does it just go away? I've read both.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Fans don't always get their wishes, and I'm afraid this is one of those times. Sam contributed a huge chunk to the new rookie salary wages. Thank him, because the next time we draft a QB at the top, we won't be guaranteeing him 50 million.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You're being unrealistic. I can't think of many people that would turn down over $13 million in one year to renegotiate their contract right after they suffered a major injury due to their conditions at work.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
You're being unrealistic. I can't think of many people that would turn down over $13 million in one year to renegotiate their contract right after they suffered a major injury due to their conditions at work.

ya maybe we should ask long for his money back. allways makes me laugh when someone thinks a player should give money back. its not his fault he got hurt it was his working conditions.

ABIGRAMFAN

UDFA
Name
ABIGRAMFAN
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
which is exactly what YOU would do if you were in the same position, right? Let's advocate that he do this, right after YOU walk in to your employer, and admit that you haven't lived up to the level of what is expected of you in your job every day you have been under their employment, and offer to work for what they deem to be fair compensation for your future, regardless of how long you have been there, and your contractual agreement already in force!

I own my own business, if I don't perform, even if I get injured doing a job, I don't get paid.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I own my own business, if I don't perform, even if I get injured doing a job, I don't get paid.
Point taken,,, but you do realize that while your suggestion is honorable and all, there are a 1000 reasons why it will not, and cannot happen?