Sam Bradford says Rams are on cusp of playoffs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
LINK

The St. Louis Rams reside in perhaps the toughest division in football, but enigmatic quarterbackSam Bradford believes the team is on the precipice of big things.

In fact, Bradford told NFL Media's Michelle Beisner in an interview that ran on Thursday's "NFL Total Access" that the Rams are primed for their first postseason action since 2004.

"Obviously this is a big year for this organization, we really feel like we're right on the cusp of taking that next step and becoming a playoff team," Bradford said. "And I think everyone in our building and our locker room believes that we can do that and that's why we're out here giving it everything we have right now."

In order to get a taste of the playoffs, Bradford will have to finally come into his own. Since being selected with the No. 1 overall pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, the 26-year-old has been a vast disappointment. He's been unable to stay healthy, missing 15 games over the past three seasons, and when Bradford's on the field, he's made frustrating plays at the worst possible time.

Still, there's always a play or two from Bradford that makes you think he can turn on the switch and make the jump from mediocre signal-caller to bonafide starter. A new weapon the Rams acquired this year -- Kenny Britt -- could aid him in his quest.

"He was out here just talking back and forth with our DBs letting them know that he was going to beat them, and sure enough first two, first three routes are one-on-ones," Bradford said. "He runs two go-routes for touchdowns so his spirit, it's just been great for us."

The Rams will need Bradford to make the leap to realize his lofty aspirations for the team.

The latest "Around The League Podcast" breaks down Colin Kaepernick's new contract and debateswhich players are poised for a breakout.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
Hahaha. "I don't feel any added pressure this year because I've heard that stuff since year two." Lol good stuff Sam.

Also, we're pretty lucky to have Beisner always reporting for us. She's a fox.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
"Perhaps" the toughest division? This article was questionable from the first sentence.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
"Perhaps" the toughest division? This article was questionable from the first sentence.

+1000

"Unquestionally the toughest division in football."

"Perhaps" is a typo when talking about this division. I don't know if any division has ever been tougher.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
A vast disappointment ????

its not like he is Blaine Gabbert

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
"In order to get a taste of the playoffs, Bradford will have to finally come into his own. Since being selected with the No. 1 overall pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, the 26-year-old has been a vast disappointment. He's been unable to stay healthy, missing 15 games over the past three seasons, and when Bradford's on the field, he's made frustrating plays at the worst possible time."

Who writes this crap? Give me some examples do you know anything about this team? When did he make frustrating plays at the worse time? Bonafide starter?

God!! I hate hacks like this

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
"In order to get a taste of the playoffs, Bradford will have to finally come into his own. Since being selected with the No. 1 overall pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, the 26-year-old has been a vast disappointment. He's been unable to stay healthy, missing 15 games over the past three seasons, and when Bradford's on the field, he's made frustrating plays at the worst possible time."

Who writes this crap? Give me some examples do you know anything about this team? When did he make frustrating plays at the worse time? Bonafide starter?

God!! I hate hacks like this

Ah don't let it bother you man until Sam and the Rams make the playoffs we're gonna get that pack mentality slant on the guy.
What's gonna be hard to deal with is the gushing from the same people because they will gush and talk about how terrible he had been before he "turned the corner" to cover their ass on their previous panning of the guy.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
When he says they're on the cusp of the playoffs, I hope he means the cusp of the SB.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
When he says they're on the cusp of the playoffs, I hope he means the cusp of the SB.
Well considering the division we have to come out of to make the playoffs I think those are two very similar "cusps".

jap

Legend
I don't even want to see or read the turnabout stories from the media idiots when Sam starts delivering big time with his performances this season. Some of these fools will even say they saw greatness in Sam from the very beginning. They should all be castrated.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Hahaha. "I don't feel any added pressure this year because I've heard that stuff since year two." Lol good stuff Sam.

Also, we're pretty lucky to have Beisner always reporting for us. She's a fox.
I sure hope they keep Beisner with the Rams all year. Definitely a Hottie! Can't help but notice that Sam Looks like he has put on a lot of Weight, does anyone know how much he's put on!?

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
I sure hope they keep Beisner with the Rams all year. Definitely a Hottie! Can't help but notice that Sam Looks like he has put on a lot of Weight, does anyone know how much he's put on!?
Sorry to tell ya this but my daughter,the one I posted pictures standing next to Sam said she thought he was muscular but kinda skinny.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
A disappointment, yeah somewhat, but much of that is because of the team around him.

Sam Bradford is a starting QB in this league. If he's not winning here, he's going to go win somewhere else.

I'd hate to see the latter happen if we decided to put a quarter in the QB carousel.

Bluesy

Name
Kyle
Dude, you guys can't take NFL.com articles so seriously. I'm pretty sure all the writers over there just write stupid stuff to stir up arguments in the comment sections haha. I just go there for the videos and interviews.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Dude, you guys can't take NFL.com articles so seriously. I'm pretty sure all the writers over there just write stupid stuff to stir up arguments in the comment sections haha. I just go there for the videos and interviews.

Unfortunately that's what most sports media has become. Bleacher Report has spilled into the mainstream sites as they try to drum up page hits.

It's no longer about quality.

Thanks Bleacher Report.

Bluesy

Name
Kyle
Unfortunately that's what most sports media has become. Bleacher Report has spilled into the mainstream sites as they try to drum up page hits.

It's no longer about quality.

Thanks Bleacher Report.

I really think bleacher report stuff is better than NFL stuff anymore. All I know is the NFL Around the League articles are completely stupid. Every single one of those writers are dipshits.

Bluesy

Name
Kyle
Oh, and NFL pisses me off with all their stupid damn ads. Can't watch a freaking 20 second video without watching 30 seconds or a minute of commercials first it seems like.