Sam Bradford reflects on deadly tornado that hit home

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A55VA6

Legend
Sam Bradford was born and raised in Oklahoma. He lives there to this day, residing the north section of Oklahoma City.

Bradford was at home packing for St. Louis Rams OTAs when a tornado ripped through the nearby town of Moore, leaving a trail of death and destruction in its wake.

"We didn't get hit, but just watching it live on TV was really hard," Bradford said Tuesday, according to CBSSports.com. "Then, seeing the photos that have come out ... prayers go out to everyone's who affected by the tornado.

"It's just really sad. It's just hard to see that happen. You never think it can happen at home, and then to see something like that ... in a city and a state that I love dearly ... it's really hard to look at."

Tornados are part of life in Oklahoma, and this isn't the first time Bradford has been in close proximity to one. He remembers when Moore was rocked by another destructive tornado in 1999.

"I remember driving through Moore after that tornado came through (in 1999), and it was maybe a year or two before things were back to normal back there," he said. "You could drive through it months after it happened and literally see the track that the tornado left -- and that's something that our city and that community thought they were never going to have to go through again.

"I'm sure there are people living in Moore who survived the '99 tornado that thought they would never have to go through another tornado like that, and, then, what is it -- 14 years later? -- almost the same track and another tornado of monster proportions rips through that community. It's hard to see that."

Bradford made it to Rams headquarters in time for Tuesday's practice. He acknowledged his attention wasn't fully on football.

"It was definitely difficult today in the sense that I was constantly checking my phone," he said, "and I found out two of our strength coaches at the University of Oklahoma lost their homes yesterday to the tornado. So you're constantly checking your phone and making sure they're not finding any more bodies and making sure everyone's been accounted for.

"So, yeah, my mind's definitely been there most of the day today."

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000205262/article/sam-bradford-reflects-on-deadly-tornado-that-hit-home?campaign=Twitter_atl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... witter_atl</a>

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Man that's just rough. I know many of us Californians were used to earthquakes but IMO, a tornado is a whole other ballgame. I went through some big quakes and they can affect a large area but I have never seen this kind of acute devastation from a quake. I have to wonder if people in tornado alley look at tornados the same way we looked at earthquakes near the San Andreas. Of course, good luck building an earthquake shelter at every school, home, hospital, etc...

My heart goes out to all those people in and around Moore. The loss for them is too great for me to imagine.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
When they were showing some of the children who were in that elementary school on the news... they were crying and explaining what they had just gone through. I couldn't fucking talk for about 10 minutes, because if I had even tried to speak, my ass would have been crying like a baby instead.

Those heroic teachers are deserving of more than can ever be provided to them.

As for the tornadoes ... They're the most destructive natural disaster that I can think of. Especially those monsters that happen in tornado alley.

My thoughts on living in that area remind me of something Eddie Murphy said when he was touring a house he was thinking about buying ... then he heard the ghost telling him to Get Out. Eddie said , "Oh baby this place is really nice, TOO BAD WE CAN'T FUCKING STAY".

My advice ... time to move out of The Alley asap. Fuck that.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This is another reason why I stand by Sammy.

I don't know the guy, but he strikes me as a real genuine dude. He's not saying that stuff to get attention, he means it. That's leadership.