Sam Bradford on Scrutiny “I know what I’m doing. Just be patient"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Shaun Hill is a quality back up for a short term if necessary. But, I agree, there is currently no Plan B for the long term, unless Garrett Gilbert just blows everyone away in the pre-season. Not likely.
I'm kind of hoping he does blow it up and takes over the #2 spot. Everyone's seen Hill play.
I'd like to know if we have a guy worth grooming now.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm kind of hoping he does blow it up and takes over the #2 spot. Everyone's seen Hill play.
I'd like to know if we have a guy worth grooming now.

I'm hoping that Gilbert looks good enough at least to not resign Hill, with some chance of him being a good #2 (i.e., a guy who doesn't cripple the team if he has to start).

That would save some cap space for other positions. Then draft another late round QB as a 3rd QB. And if after a year or so as #2 Gilbert doesn't progress - THEN draft a mid round guy.

But I'm such an optimist that I think Gilbert can be the capable backup the Rams need for a few years.