Sam Bradford Locked In As Rams Qb, Jeff Fisher Says

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
By Chris Wesseling | Around the League Writer
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...-bradford-is-locked-in-as-rams-qb-fisher-says

Two years after passing up the opportunity to draft Robert Griffin III, the St. Louis Rams are doubling down on their Sam Bradford bet.

Amid conflicting reports on the organization's willingness to extend Bradford's contract, coach Jeff Fisher made it clear on Tuesday's edition of ESPN Radio's "Mike and Mike in the Morning" that Bradford's job is safe even with a scheduled $17.6 million salary cap figure in 2014.

"We talk about extensions with all our players under contract," Fisher said. "Whether or not we do so with him, I don't know where all this came from, but Sam's our quarterback. He's going to be under center."

Fisher added that Bradford took on a leadership role last year and is "doing great" in his rehab from ACL surgery.

The head coach's support echoes that of general manager Les Snead, who said last month that he would not entertain the idea of drafting a quarterback at No. 2 overall.

We addressed that very subject on Monday's edition of the "Around The League Podcast."

Given the choice of Johnny Manziel and $7 million in salary cap space versus Bradford and the No. 2 overall pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the ATL crew voted unanimously to open Door #1.

Bradford entered the 2013 season as perhaps the NFL's most enigmatic quarterback. Although he padded his numbers in a pair of blowouts, it's not a stretch to posit that he's now a known mediocrity after four seasons in the league.

With an 18-30-1 record, a 58.6 completion percentage, 6.3 yards per attempt, a 79.3 pass rating and shaky pocket presence, Bradford has been more of a problem than a solution.

Considering the struggles of Tom Brady and Robert Griffin III early in their returns from knee reconstruction, Bradford can't be expected to suddenly start playing like a top-15 NFL quarterback in 2014.

Regardless of Bradford's pedestrian results to date, this team's brass is determined to sink or swim with their $78 million investment. We will soon find out how long they can they keep treading water.

The latest "Around The League Podcast" discussed controversial draft prospects Johnny Manziel and Jadeveon Clowney and reviewed the offseason forecasts for the St. Louis Rams and Carolina Panthers.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Bradford is no Rodgers but franchise QBs come along so infrequently that the only way the Rams could even entertain parting ways with Sam is if they had a better QB on the roster. Finding a QB that plays even as good as 16th overall is not easy. They really have little choice. Even risking the #2 pick on a QB this year is no guarantee that the guy will be better than Sam.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I love how they throw out his career yards per attempt average. About half of his passes came out of the Shurmur offense, he threw like 600 times that year and nothing but WR screens and two yard passes to DA.

To say he's been the problem is also completely ignorant. Have they not seen the guys he's been throwing the ball to?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i'll know to never listen to the around the league podcast in my lifetime.

i'm betting the only rams game these national media types watched was the tnf game against the whiners and have formed their opinion of sam off that game.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
"Although he padded his numbers in a pair of blowouts ..."

WTF? He threw 16 passes against Houston. Yeah, that's padding stats. Meanwhile, they ignore the comeback victory over Arizona, and the fact that Bradford was having one of his best games in Carolina before he got hurt.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I love how they throw out his career yards per attempt average. About half of his passes came out of the Shurmur offense, he threw like 600 times that year and nothing but WR screens and two yard passes to DA.

To say he's been the problem is also completely ignorant. Have they not seen the guys he's been throwing the ball to?

To me a problem @ QB is one that has no good traits, no accuracy, and is always making bone headed decisions. Sam doesn't fit in any of those categories.

"Although he padded his numbers in a pair of blowouts ..."

WTF? He threw 16 passes against Houston. Yeah, that's padding stats. Meanwhile, they ignore the comeback victory over Arizona, and the fact that Bradford was having one of his best games in Carolina before he got hurt.

Which is the second blowout? The only one I can think of is Jacksonville where up by at least 14 Sam went 1 for 4 for 5 yards with 0 TDs and 0 INTs, but that would make the statement bordering on idiotic, so it can't be that :confused:.

tonyl711

Starter
they can say what they want to say, when it all comes down to it the only voice that matters is Fishers, and he has never wavered on this, Sam is our QB, if you don't like it, I guess your out of luck.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Another well researched and thought out set of statements. Why even bring Fisher up if you are going to just spew the shit you knew you wanted to say regardless of what Fisher had to say? What a tool.

tonyl711

Starter
Another well researched and thought out set of statements. Why even bring Fisher up if you are going to just spew the crap you knew you wanted to say regardless of what Fisher had to say? What a tool.
don't you know the media knows more about the Rams plans than Fisher and Snead? good god get with the program man, lol

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
This is why the media hates the Rams. They say QB is an issue and Fishers says a blatant "he's our QB." It's like a big middle finger to the pencil pushers. It would make their job so much easier if the Rams would say "we love Maziel" or something.

The article ended with a rather snobbish "we'll see how long they can keep treading water." Lol! They would honestly rather write about our doom, wouldn't they? It's easy to do when they're choking on Kap and Wilson.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
The media is a headless chicken when it comes to Bradford. Fisher knows what he is doing here.

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
This is why the media hates the Rams. They say QB is an issue and Fishers says a blatant "he's our QB." It's like a big middle finger to the pencil pushers. It would make their job so much easier if the Rams would say "we love Maziel" or something.

The article ended with a rather snobbish "we'll see how long they can keep treading water." Lol! They would honestly rather write about our doom, wouldn't they? It's easy to do when they're choking on Kap and Wilson.
Yeah, they love Wilson and the niner QB. Look at games like Rams-Bears, Rams-Colts, and Rams -Texans when your QB is passing in running situations they ALL have great QBR, for Wilson and Krapondick that is a normal game. If I was QB passing 15 to 20 times a game I'd probably win for them too.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
And on top of every thing else noted here there are no repercussions for these idiots that spew this kind of drivel. Next year when Sam is tearing it up he'll be saying see I told you Bradford was a rock. They guy just never had any weapons to play with.

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
And on top of every thing else noted here there are no repercussions for these idiots that spew this kind of drivel. Next year when Sam is tearing it up he'll be saying see I told you Bradford was a rock. They guy just never had any weapons to play with.
By midseason next year the ROD population is going to explode:sneaky:

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
By midseason next year the ROD population is going to explode:sneaky:
I already have vacation set going to Alaska this summer been trying to talk my way into a long weekend in StL in the fall too catch a game but not having much luck. :confused:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Sam is our quarterback.

You can't ALWAYS evaluate play by the stats. You need to watch with your eyes and decide with your brain. Fisher has done that. The media has not.