Sam Bradford in a position to fail?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
steferfootball said:
Yes he is in a position to fail. Sad but true.

But do we know that he is NOT in a position to succeed? I don't.

Vita

UDFA
I don't expect a pro bowl season, but last year was the perfect storm for failure. I think McDaniels did a poor job of putting these players in a position to succeed. We still don't know what we have in Salas, Pettis, and Kendricks. They could turn out to be very good players in a good system. The addition of some speed ,in the draft, should help this year as well.

steferfootball

Starter
Username said:
steferfootball said:
To what Dukes said: Brady had a good offensive line and a great defense.

Bradford has had just about nothing. Is Bradford Brady 2.0? Probably not, but the argument he made is silly.

The Patriots defense is terrible.
Not when they were winning superbowls.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
bluecoconuts said:
steferfootball said:
Is Bradford Brady 2.0?

No, because Bradford is a real QB. Not a cheat.
So true. Let us count the ways ...

--Brady's young QB mistakes were swept aside by officiating. He never had to doubt that he would make the big mistake, unlike every other young QB in the league. The asshole won 10 straight playoff games before losing one. Imagine for a moment that he was called for Intentional grounding on that FG drive in SB36, which kills that drive, sending the game to OT. How does Brady then deal with that kind of failure?

--Brady was gifted with a defensive secondary that didn't have to play by the rules, thus he rarely had to play from behind, even against teams that tore other good defenses apart. Let's be honest; it wasn't until the Competition Committee decided to focus on how DBs were getting away with contact that the Patriots SB run ended.

--Brady was handed the label of clutch because he engineered one, non-turnover aided FG drive. He became a media darling untainted by failure. If ever there was a model for confidence breeding confidence, that was Brady. Show me a QB who's handed everything his first season as a starter; I'll show you a QB that gets compared to Brady.

What's revealing to me is that once Brady lost a SB, his clutch performance became worse. He hasn't been able to find a way to win the big games despite being more experienced at winning SBs than any other active QB.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Vita said:
Opinions are like a-holes ..... and Jamie Dukes is always talking directly out of his!

Blackmon was the flashy choice; therefore in Dukes' mind, he was the ONLY choice for the Rams (forget the fact that Jacksonville leapfrogged the Rams at #6 to get him).

Jamie Dukes is a hype-monger - plain and simple. He only recognizes the high-profile players and gives little regard to the lesser-known, but harder working, guys.

The Jamie Dukes approach to Sports coverage: put your lips to Michael Vick's ass and blow.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Thordaddy said:
DR RAM said:
As long as the OL is fixed. I mean, he couldn't have been very successful last year throwing to Reggie Wayne, Calvin Johnson, and Wes Welker.
Ardunno, our recs. dropped a lot of passes last year in the early going, hard tellin' how much the o-line tries harder or Sam let's fly when he trusts a guy like Megatron to outfight the DB for the ball.

But in the end that our rec corps is an unproven bunch...point TAKEN

Well, at 6'4'' with 34'' arms and a 34'' vertical, let's hope we find out sooner rather than later.

Let's hope lining up against Cortland everyday will help Quick adjust rather...quickly... to the NFL.

steferfootball

Starter
Ram Quixote said:
bluecoconuts said:
steferfootball said:
Is Bradford Brady 2.0?

No, because Bradford is a real QB. Not a cheat.
So true. Let us count the ways ...

--Brady's young QB mistakes were swept aside by officiating. He never had to doubt that he would make the big mistake, unlike every other young QB in the league. The asshole won 10 straight playoff games before losing one. Imagine for a moment that he was called for Intentional grounding on that FG drive in SB36, which kills that drive, sending the game to OT. How does Brady then deal with that kind of failure?

--Brady was gifted with a defensive secondary that didn't have to play by the rules, thus he rarely had to play from behind, even against teams that tore other good defenses apart. Let's be honest; it wasn't until the Competition Committee decided to focus on how DBs were getting away with contact that the Patriots SB run ended.

--Brady was handed the label of clutch because he engineered one, non-turnover aided FG drive. He became a media darling untainted by failure. If ever there was a model for confidence breeding confidence, that was Brady. Show me a QB who's handed everything his first season as a starter; I'll show you a QB that gets compared to Brady.

What's revealing to me is that once Brady lost a SB, his clutch performance became worse. He hasn't been able to find a way to win the big games despite being more experienced at winning SBs than any other active QB.
The tuck rule is the biggest joke. I don't hate the Patriots, but it just is. A forward pass ceases to be a forward pass when the ball is no longer moving forward.