Sam Bradford in a position to fail?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
As long as the OL is fixed. I mean, he couldn't have been very successful last year throwing to Reggie Wayne, Calvin Johnson, and Wes Welker.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
DR RAM said:
As long as the OL is fixed. I mean, he couldn't have been very successful last year throwing to Reggie Wayne, Calvin Johnson, and Wes Welker.
Ardunno, our recs. dropped a lot of passes last year in the early going, hard tellin' how much the o-line tries harder or Sam let's fly when he trusts a guy like Megatron to outfight the DB for the ball.

But in the end that our rec corps is an unproven bunch...point TAKEN

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yay Heath Evans. That's the stuff I like to hear. Explanations (not excuses) for what happened, and nothing but full-tilt confidence in him going forward. I know he's just a media guy, and they all have opinions, but it's still good to hear. And... I happen to agree.

bluecoconuts

Legend
This time next year.

"Sam Bradford to repeat MVP season?"

Don't worry NFL, ESPN, and everyone else. We'll still let you on the bandwagon in a few months.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Thordaddy said:
DR RAM said:
Ardunno,[hil]our recs. dropped a lot of passes last year[/hil] in the early going, hard tellin' how much the o-line tries harder or Sam let's fly when he trusts a guy like Megatron to outfight the DB for the ball.

But in the end that our rec corps is an unproven bunch...point TAKEN
They did. He would have been more successful but not very successful. We couldn't pass when we were supposed to pass. We will have a young unproven WR corps again this year. Bradford will need a little more time than he was getting. I hope they were trying hard last year, looked like they were, but technique and angles were a problem for them.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I think Stan needs to go out and spend some money. We are definitely going to need a much bigger band wagon.

So the gist here is that Blackmon was a lock and by not getting him for Sam to throw to, the Rams screwed up. So tiring. Oh... and of course Tom Brady is the only QB in history to take make his receivers better. :sick: What an idiot.

At least Heath gets it.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
DR RAM said:

Why should we think it will be? No offense, just asking.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
RamFan503 said:
I think Stan needs to go out and spend some money. We are definitely going to need a much bigger band wagon.

So the gist here is that Blackmon was a lock and by not getting him for Sam to throw to, the Rams screwed up. So tiring. Oh... and of course Tom Brady is the only QB in history to take make his receivers better. :sick: What an idiot.

At least Heath gets it.

And the kicker to Heath Evans' quotes? He actually played alongside Brady. He also played alongside Brees. If he's saying that Bradford can be special, I'm going to trust his word on it.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Username said:
DR RAM said:

Not sure what defines "fixed" but personally, I think replacing Brown with Wells will make a huge difference. I think the scheme will help as well. I also think they improved the talent level at the receiver position and those returning will have another year of understanding the NFL game. Having Danny as that relief valve won't hurt either. There is only so long a D can pin their ears back when they keep getting chipped with a 5 - 7 yard gain. I also believe the screen pass will be a more legitimate threat with Pead than with SJ. Oh... Did I mention that Loney is gone?

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
The scheme is our only hope. That and the ability for this coaching staff to adapt to what the actual strengths of the offense are. It is also imperative that we stay healthy this year. Oh and having a offseason doesn't hurt either.

I agree that the coaching staff is vastly improved, but I'm going to (not really) go out on a limb here and say this will be the biggest challenge of Boudreau's career.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Username said:
DR RAM said:

I don't think we should. It will have to be proven on the field.

Vita

UDFA
Opinions are like a-holes ..... and Jamie Dukes is always talking directly out of his!

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Vita said:
Opinions are like a-holes ..... and Jamie Dukes is always talking directly out of his!
He is one guy that I cannot stand. I can tolerate most anyone, but him...

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Having Wells be the "quarterback" of the line will help vastly imo.

Having Pead puts me a little at ease too. It would be nice to still have a threat out of the backfield if SJ39 goes down.

Man... I can't wait for camp to start.

steferfootball

Starter
To what Dukes said: Brady had a good offensive line and a great defense.

Bradford has had just about nothing. Is Bradford Brady 2.0? Probably not, but the argument he made is silly.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
steferfootball said:
To what Dukes said: Brady had a good offensive line and a great defense.

Bradford has had just about nothing. Is Bradford Brady 2.0? Probably not, but the argument he made is silly.

The Patriots defense is terrible.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
bluecoconuts said:
steferfootball said:
Is Bradford Brady 2.0?

No, because Bradford is a real QB. Not a cheat.

Heh heh... Spoken like a true homer. You sir are a gentleman and a scholar. :7up: