1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sam Bradford: In A Class All By Himself

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by -X-, May 19, 2014.

1. RamBall

RamBall Well-Known Member

Credit:
    $74,001.68
    Didnt seattle just win with Russel Wilson? Proof you do not need an elite QB to win the SB, mediocre is all that is needed if you have a stout D.
  2. bwdenverram

bwdenverram Well-Known Member

Credit:
    $3,152,949.20
    Name:
    BW
    The interesting thing to me is Wilson (who I think is good but not great) passed for 200 yards and 2 TD's in the SB. Both of those TD's were in the 3rd and 4th quarter when the game was already over. I've heard many people say Sam gets TD's and yards in "garbage" time. Those two TD's by Wilson had no effect on the outcome of the game but it sure did pad is QB rating, didn't it?

And FWIW, Wilson passed for 3,357 yards, 26 TD's and 9 INT's with a completion percentage of 63.1%. Anyone think in 16 full games Bradfords #'s aren't better? You think having the #1 defense in the entire NFL and one of the best rushing attacks didn't help that? I would bet my ass without looking it up that the stats X posted on the SB winners had a very high percentage of good to great defenses or a very good running game.

Go ask Peyton manning which he 'd prefer cuz just a great QB alone isn't enough.
  3. A55VA6

A55VA6 Playoffs?

Credit:
    $4,461,792.99
    Very good football player, but he isn't elite. He's more of a game manger but does make alot of good plays. He's closer to elite than Kaepernick though. When people say Kaepernick is elite, my blood boils.
  4. bwdenverram

Credit:
    $3,152,949.20
    Name:
    BW
    That's the thing. I think if either of those QB's were on mediocre or bad teams we wouldn't even have this discussion. But they both play on teams with top 5 defenses and top 10 running games. They don't have to do everything.
    A55VA6 likes this.
  5. jrry32

jrry32 Well-Known Member

Credit:
    $4,296,304.96
    Baltimore just did with Flacco(well, I guess it depends on how you define mediocre). Yes, I'm reiterating what you're saying to an extent but the conclusion is a little different. I'm saying that even mediocre starting QBs are capable of the type of stretches necessary to win a Super Bowl.

Obviously, give me an elite QB if I can get one, though.
  6. LesBaker

LesBaker Mr. Savant

Credit:
    $3,745,448.92
    Name:
    Les
    The playoffs were Warner's personal bitch, he owned them. The greatest playoff run ever by a QB was his run up to and including the SB then the amazing game v. the Packers the next year.

I've never seen anything like it. You knew crap was real when Terry Bradshaw picked the Cardinals over his Steelers in the SB and said "I'm not betting against Warner".
  7. A55VA6

A55VA6 Playoffs?

Credit:
    $4,461,792.99
    Yep. I mean Trent Dilfer and Rex Grossman brought their teams to the Super Bowl. If that can happen, Bradford could definitely lead us to a Super Bowl. When a team struggles, the QB is the one everyone blames.
  8. LesBaker

LesBaker Mr. Savant

Credit:
    $3,745,448.92
    Name:
    Les
    Vag I'm with you, when people heap praise on CK I want ask "what is so great about him"........I see nothing there that makes him anything more than average.
  9. bwdenverram

Credit:
    $3,152,949.20
    Name:
    BW
    The only advantage I see with Wilson or Kaperdick is mobility. I don't see any advantage from a traditional QB standpoint. I'll take Bradford's arm and accuracy.

Guess it doesn't matter though, we'll see what we really have this year.
  10. mr.stlouis

mr.stlouis Well-Known Member

Credit:
    $5,251,757.25
    Name:
    Nick
    I think Manning is elite, but lost to Wilson. It's a team sport.
  11. -X-

-X- I'm the dude, man.

Credit:
    $6,484,688.93
    Name:
    The Dude
    Agreed. If a football novice saw these two graphics, and didn't know anything about them, I wonder what conclusion they would draw.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    mr.stlouis likes this.
  12. dieterbrock

dieterbrock Well-Known Member

Credit:
    $2,791,667.42
    123 rating with 2 td and no picks looks pretty elite to me.....
  13. Mojo Ram

Mojo Ram On double secret probation

Credit:
    $3,017,103.13
    Name:
    mojo
    Agreed.
  14. -X-

-X- I'm the dude, man.

Credit:
    $6,484,688.93
    Name:
    The Dude
    How's this look?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Mojo Ram likes this.
  15. Mojo Ram

Credit:
    $3,017,103.13
    Name:
    mojo
    There are quite a few elite defenses on that list. [​IMG]
    I'm half tempted(whatever that means) to research the offensive/defensive ranks of those championship teams. I did that before for notable SB winning teams. My guess is that i find that the defenses were better than the offense in most cases.

Yes i realize we're talking about QB's...but i don't care. Show me an elite offense and my elite defense will beat you.
    RamFan503 and bluesjoc like this.
  16. -X-

-X- I'm the dude, man.

Credit:
    $6,484,688.93
    Name:
    The Dude
    That would be really cool if you did. It's a bit laborious, but you're a pretty husky guy.
  17. jrry32

jrry32 Well-Known Member

Credit:
    $4,296,304.96
    http://www.pro-football-reference.com/super-bowl/

If you click on the Super Bowl winners, it should give you the relevant stats for each team.
    Mojo Ram likes this.
  18. -X-

-X- I'm the dude, man.

Credit:
    $6,484,688.93
    Name:
    The Dude
  19. Mojo Ram

Credit:
    $3,017,103.13
    Name: