Sam Bradford For Josh Gordon & Picks?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
If you watched NFL Live today, on the four-letter network, you would have seen Fisher indicate they have not given permission for Sam to seek a trade. He said the reports were false, and I can't believe he would say as much and then trade Sam. By the way, why in the hell would we trade for a guy who won't play next year, and it's a good possibility he will never play in the NFL again. Unbelievable what gets posted in the off-season.

FRO

Legend
Can't say I hate the idea of drafting Hundley and having a Hoyer or McCown mentoring him though.
Hundley has a ton of Blaine Gabbert in his game. Looks the part. Has tools. Panics in the pocket and struggles reading defenses.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
The problem i have with this trade is will we ever see Gordon play? And since he is a good player (when playin) wouldn't that lower the quality of the draft picks?

FrankenRam

Starter
I don't think Fisher's going to trade Bradford, unless he got a deal so good he can't turn it down. And no one's gonna give up the farm for a guy who hasn't played in a year and half. I believe Fisher's serious when he says he's all in on Bradford. He will sink or swim with Bradford. I hope he's right.

I think that was the case when he first signed on as Rams' HC.

I think he said it again (recently) because he realizes the pickings to replace Bradford are so woeful. My guess is he wouldn't be quite so 'all in' today if he saw better options that were available w/o mortgaging the farm.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Shit, I'd take it in a heartbeat. Gordon seemed honest and contrite in his open letter and I'd stake my rep to him as a GM. I'd imagine he could be had for a very team friendly deal moving forward too.

Draft a QB in the mid-rounds like Grayson, Mannion or Carden and a guy like Matt Moore to start for the next year or two.

If you honestly think this team is super bowl bound with Bradford this year, don't take the deal. I think something like this puts you at a huge advantage come 2016. Likely to happen? No. But if the offer came to me, I couldn't resist.

Athos

Legend
They can throw in their 1st and 2nd rounders and keep Gordon before I trade Sam for Gordon straight up.

Dude is banned this year anyway. His last year on contract I believe.

Stay away from Gordon.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
They can throw in their 1st and 2nd rounders and keep Gordon before I trade Sam for Gordon straight up.

Dude is banned this year anyway. His last year on contract I believe.

Stay away from Gordon.

He doesn't accrue any time towards completing that contract while suspended - and last year didn't count for him either. Technically, when (if) he plays again, he will be in the second year of his rookie deal. Since you won't pay him next year anyway and he doesn't count towards the 53 man roster - there really is no downside to having him.

Athos

Legend
He doesn't accrue any time towards completing that contract while suspended - and last year didn't count for him either. Technically, when (if) he plays again, he will be in the second year of his rookie deal. Since you won't pay him next year anyway and he doesn't count towards the 53 man roster - there really is no downside to having him.

Not sure how that makes the Rams any better THIS year, unless we wanna stare at another top 10 pick, but likely top 5 if Bradford doesn't make at least 10 starts.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Do people even think when they make these trades? This trade literally only benefits the Browns.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
When poking around that site, laughing at the silliness of that trade, I saw the other trade idea...

Chip Kelly does likely want Mariota...bad. Which means that Foles who's in the last year of his rookie deal needs to be dealt or they'll get nothing for him next year when he hits FA.

Is Foles an option for the Rams?

I dunno that I'd take Foles over a healthy Sam Bradford, but that's the issue, isn't it. I mean, if we trade away Sam and get Foles, we'd HOPEFULLY get a guy who could stay healthy and have our #1 QB upright for the season.

Not saying I want Foles. Just saying that Foles being up on the block and Sam supposedly not wanting to renegotiate his contract adds to the drama a bit.

It wouldn't surprise me if this became a 3 way trade, even. I mean, crazier things have happened, right?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When poking around that site, laughing at the silliness of that trade, I saw the other trade idea...

Chip Kelly does likely want Mariota...bad. Which means that Foles who's in the last year of his rookie deal needs to be dealt or they'll get nothing for him next year when he hits FA.

Is Foles an option for the Rams?

I dunno that I'd take Foles over a healthy Sam Bradford, but that's the issue, isn't it. I mean, if we trade away Sam and get Foles, we'd HOPEFULLY get a guy who could stay healthy and have our #1 QB upright for the season.

Not saying I want Foles. Just saying that Foles being up on the block and Sam supposedly not wanting to renegotiate his contract adds to the drama a bit.

It wouldn't surprise me if this became a 3 way trade, even. I mean, crazier things have happened, right?

Here's my problem with Foles...he just missed the second half of the 2014 season with a season ending injury. Maybe we should keep Bradford if we trade for him. Odds are that the two of them combined can put together 16 starts. ;)

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Gotta say the Browns did a masterful job fleecing the Colts and recovering their first round mistake Trent Richardson,and we took a better deal than they were offering for the rights to RG, so I sorta think our FO is wary of the Browns trying to get the best of someone rather than a really equatable deal.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gotta say the Browns did a masterful job fleecing the Colts and recovering their first round mistake Trent Richardson,and we took a better deal than they were offering for the rights to RG, so I sorta think our FO is wary of the Browns trying to get the best of someone rather than a really equatable deal.

Yeah but then they used it on Johnny Alcoholic. So that 1st rounder was a complete waste.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Here's my problem with Foles...he just missed the second half of the 2014 season with a season ending injury. Maybe we should keep Bradford if we trade for him. Odds are that the two of them combined can put together 16 starts. ;)
Only problem I have with this is if Sam won't renegotiate we are then with two of our best QB's FA's at the same time ,but the idea is as good as iI think anyone has come up with except the down the road .
I don't think Foles low int rate was a mirage I think with good protection he's a quality guy,then again he is a bit of a pencil neck