Sam Bradford Finally Has Weapons Around Him (Inside the Iggles)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I call somewhat bullcrap. His first several years, yea, we scrapped the bottom of the barrel for O pieces but....

We actually DID finally get Bradford weapons during his final two years here.

The ONLY problem was, he wasn't on the damn field to use them.

Cook: One of the better pass-catching TE threats
Britt: Would have put up a 1000 yard season with Sam
Quick: Same if he'd have stayed healthy
Mason: Stats woulda been better b/c the pass game would been better

Austin and Bailey: Sam would have actually been able to see them to pass the ball to.

The only thing you could argue is a better offensive line (given health).

Agree. The thing is when we did finally start to put pieces around him he got hurt so wasn't able to take advantage of them! That's not the teams fault.

And it was always going to be difficult because we've had so many holes elsewhere. The team seemed determined to build on a strength - the D for much of that period in any event and then we had terrible, notable problems all along the O-line.

When we put pieces around him and he was on the field his numbers were great. Top 10 QB - but he only did it for what? 8 games in 2013 before getting hurt? You cant blame the team for his injury or from moving on now because of the injuries. No doubt in my mind though if he stays healthy he's going to be a great, and I mean that, great QB in this league.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I wish him well but I think the Philly fans will boo him out of town . It's actually a relief to not have to hold my breath every time he drops back to pass .
Philly fans booing players?

Get outta here.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
but, no matter -- I think we got a really good, tall QB without Bradford's health issues & massive contract, so it's all good! :cool:

That isn't to say we didn't get a QB with no health issues at all. Foles has his own fair share of hurdles to jump.

nighttrain

Legend
Yeah, it's all fair.

Until we get to the last few players, not their fault Bradford kept breaking down and they only had Clemens, Davis and Hill to throw to them.

Bradford's fragility is his own fault.
Clemens, Davis and Hill, those three QBs, all the stuff of nightmares
train

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
This is what I would expect to be written by an Eagles homer. He has a very limited knowledge of the Rams roster and does not realize the nasty Rams juggernaut that is about to be unleashed on the league in 2015.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
8th
33rd
47th
78th
Sounds to me like the Rams tried.

Age old (at least to Rams fans) argument... chicken or egg.

Was it the QB... or the supporting cast?

I chuckled when I read the piece. Sounded a lot like the "discussions" Rams fans have had since Bradford was drafted.

I won't miss those discussions... glad they're going on in Philadelphia now.

Good luck to Bradford... unless he plays the Rams... then, I hope you have your worst day as a professional ever.

iced

Can't wait til we can give a QB a real weapon out wide here - especially one that might be able to actually give the corners in our division some trouble, instead of going MIA for the day.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
So I guess this means that they are finally selling Bradford jerseys in Philly now.

He doesn't look right in that God awful green with Vick's #7.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I remember in the 80s, the eagles had an awesome green uniform, it was bright, and much more upbeat.

That was when Harold Carmichael played for them. The color was brighter and better... but still ugly in my book. LOL

I kinda liked Carmichael though.

Big Game

Living The Dream
This article is somewhat of a Joke granted Sam did not have much when he first came into the league. But the last two seasons he had some guys to throw too yet he was missing in action.

We will see how well he does this year "if" he can stay healthy. His supporting cast in Philly isn't exactly lighting up scoreboards. They have lost a lot of there explosive players. Granted they signed DeMarco Murray, we will see how well he runs behind Phillys OLine.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As you can tell, Bradford never really had any weapons added to the team through the draft. So being surrounded with young talent such as Matthews, Josh Huff, Nelson Agholor and Zach Ertz will be somewhat of a surprise to him.

gee, what a star studded line up that is.

seriously, how are these guys any different to what sam had around him before? a rookie and 3 second year guys, none of them have proven a thing. if sam could have stayed healthy last season his supporting cast would have been much better than this.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
There is a lot of truth in the article as many of us have said over the last few years. I do think the current group would of been very good with a healthy Bradford.
I for one have moved on and hope he does well. Just as I hope we see the 27td-2int Foles this year as well :)

RamsFan14

Starter
I know this is gana sound very silly to a ton of posters... But if there was one thing I didn't like about Bradford, it was his lack of swagger as a Ram. I know I know... I'm crazy and stupid for saying something that might seem meaningless, but that's jmo. That Eagles jersey looks so baggy on him man, long sleeves on the jersey again? Def not feeling that... Idk, it might sound stupid to most posters but I think swagger is an important trait for your core players.