Sam Bradford - Arizona and Atlanta Games Revisited

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Stranger said:
DR RAM said:
Stranger said:
DR RAM said:
jrry32 said:
DR RAM said:
I didn't say it defined them, nor that it was their only problem.

Point being made is that yea, they've had some dropsies but they're getting more separation than they're being given credit for...especially down the field.
OK, all of the things that you probably said yourself last season, all of the issues that we tried to address: poor protection, weapons, better field position, better execution, fewer drops, bad routes, playing from behind, effective running game, better game planning.

How many of these things have we solved to this point?

I think that we would all agree that "on paper" we have potentially better weapons on offense, but Kendricks isn't himself yet, Pettis is nothing to write home about. Givens can't beat double coverage. Quick is still struggling to get on the field consistently, Tavon isn't running good routes and leads the NFL in drops, and do I need to even mention any of our RB's?

This is the last I'll say on this. I really can't make my points any stronger, unless I bold, or capitalize them :hehe:
Why have we not solved them? And who is accountable for not solving them?
The offensive line woes seem to be a combo of declining players, guys not playing well individually, injury, and communication.

The other pieces that were acquired to help the offense...it's also a combo of things, but you have to consider that most of our skill players have less than a full year in our system, and the league. Scheme seems to be a problem, but it's hard for me to point fingers at anybody when so many things are wrong. Blocking all over the field has been a HUGE issue, not just the lineman, but down field blocking has been downright horrible.

If we could just have individuals do their job, and execute, and then come together as a team, a cohesive unit, the it would be easier to pinpoint problems and fix them. Right now, it's like a leaky boat, you patch a hole, then another leak springs up, you fix that, then the boat won't start. If you go through all the troubleshooting, maybe the conclusion is to keep fixing the old boat, or buy a new one.
okay, then it is unfair for me to be looking toward the people the designed and built the boat? Is that reasonable or unreasonable?
We had reasonable success last year, we seemed reasonably happy with our draft/UDFA, and free agent pick-ups. I choose to remain patient for at least a half dozen more games to see if there is any progress, improvement, and growth. Could they/he could have foreseen the play of the offensive line? Even if they did, could we have prevented it this year? This team has been a complete rebuild. We are not done yet.

I can say for certainty that if this team doesn't improve, and start to get systematically better, that the boat designers are unquestionably Fisher and Snead, there is no mistaking that fact.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Stranger said:
okay, then it is unfair for me to be looking toward the people the designed and built the boat? Is that reasonable or unreasonable?
Looking toward them for what exactly?

What's the end game here? Accountability? Because they've all assumed it already. From Demoff all the way down to the lowest man on the depth chart. Everyone has said they need to do a better job and to do their job better. That's all you need to know, because there is no master plan in the works to ruin your life.

They better kick the shit out of Jax today and dominate in all 3 phases, because this board has been insufferable at times over the past 10 days and I don't think I can stomach another week of it.

sent via Tapatalk.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
X said:
Stranger said:
Looking toward them for what exactly?

What's the end game here? Accountability? Because they've all assumed it already. From Demoff all the way down to the lowest man on the depth chart. Everyone has said they need to do a better job and to do their job better. That's all you need to know, because there is no master plan in the works to ruin your life.

They better kick the shit out of Jax today and dominate in all 3 phases, because this board has been insufferable at times over the past 10 days and I don't think I can stomach another week of it.

sent via Tapatalk.
I'm looking for them to:

1) earn their paychecks;
2) try things that we've all seen work before on the field, especially on offense;
3) stop all the media-coach-speak and give us some straight talk;
4) use all of their expertise and football knowledge to fix this situation ASAP;
5) step aside [very soon] if they can't get it done.

But what I'm afraid I'm seeing is arrogance, stubbornness, and closed-mindedness. Now, that may just be my perception from the outside, but all I've really got to go on is their performance on the field, and nothing there makes sense to me.

If you're going to tell us that you need to "do a better job' then do it already, and don't give me anymore of the same dismal performance while simultaneously treating me, and all fans, like we're dummies who can't understand anything other than the simplest 1-line explanations.

I'm being insulted on the field and off, and as you can obviously tell I'm damn fed-up with it.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Like I said...

They better dominate today because this fan ultimatum stuff is taxing me.

sent via Tapatalk.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
Like I said...

sent via Tapatalk.
Don't worry, we got this, and if we don't, the fair weather fans will sort themselves out. Once they jump off the wagon, and it starts rolling, I'm not gonna put my hand out and help them back on. They can watch from the dust.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
DR RAM said:
X said:
Like I said...

sent via Tapatalk.
Don't worry, we got this, and if we don't, the fair weather fans will sort themselves out. Once they jump off the wagon, and it starts rolling, I'm not gonna put my hand out and help them back on. They can watch from the dust.
Sorry man, my intent hasn't been to tax-you-out. I'm just flat out pissed this week, and I haven't been able to hold it in.

Quite frankly, I don't know what to expect today. Either we're on the road to another rebuild, or hopefully we'll see clear evidence that this staff can fix 'it'. I guess it's progress no matter which way we go.