Sam, ankle surgery after the season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Shaky

There's a "definite possibility" Sam Bradford will need ankle surgery after the season, sources tell CBS' Jason La Canfora.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
There's a definite possibility that I'll get hit by lightning too.

I've never understood that phrase.

'Sources' tell Jason LaCanfora, eh? Not saying it isn't true, but who knows how these things get generated. Anyway, I hope that's not true because if he needs surgery after the season, he won't make it through this one. Just sayin'.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Jason LaCanfora said:
Naturally at this point, just a few weeks into training camp, no one here is thinking that far forward. And depending on how the ankle withstands the rigors of the regular season, prolonged offseason rest could be prescribed rather than surgery.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1980 ... ng-program

So ... yeah. There's a definite possibility that he just needs rest too.

Shaky

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If it's bothering him that much we will see it on his long balls. He wont be stepping into his throws like he should.

I'm worried now :grr:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Shaky said:
If it's bothering him that much we will see it on his long balls. He wont be stepping into his throws like he should.

That's a possibility. Guess we won't see a ton of roll-outs either.

Anonymous

Shaky said:

Well you have no reason to be worried. Being sore is something that often just happens with these injuries, months after. If all it is is soreness, then, that's not an issue.

If he couldn't step into throws he also couldn't move around and be mobile. So far he's doing both things.

If there is something more than just soreness, Bradford already told us what will happen: they will cut back his reps.

You can't practice on a bad ankle any more than you can play on one. So if it starts to be an actual problem, then we'll know: they will be cutting back his reps or holding him out of practice completely.

bluecoconuts

Legend
There's a long ways to go still, let's wait to see what happens before we start calling doctors. We have no idea who will need what after the season.

Iron Lion

Starter
Despite the definite possibility of Paul being struck by lightning or Sam needing surgery, it's looking at least to me like it's just going to be a pain issue and nothing mechanically wrong with the ankle.

As long as he starts waking up early in the morning to detox from the painkiller hangovers, he'll be good enough to go on Sundays.

PhxRam

Iron Lion said:
As long as he starts waking up early in the morning to detox from the painkiller hangovers, he'll be good enough to go on Sundays.

LOL. I like your persistence

Lesson

Oh, really?
Don't know if I should be concerned or pissed at the previous regime for playing Sam with a bum ankle.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
zn said:
Shaky said:

Well you have no reason to be worried. Being sore is something that often just happens with these injuries, months after. If all it is is soreness, then, that's not an issue.

If he couldn't step into throws he also couldn't move around and be mobile. So far he's doing both things.

If there is something more than just soreness, Bradford already told us what will happen: they will cut back his reps.

You can't practice on a bad ankle any more than you can play on one. So if it starts to be an actual problem, then we'll know: they will be cutting back his reps or holding him out of practice completely.

Well I'm worried now. I just found out that I might need brain surgery. I mean with Paul getting possibly struck by lightning and Sam maybe needing to have his ankle removed from his lower leg and reassembled. Who the hell knows what might happen to ME. :wahhh:

The rest of you better watch your ass as well.

bluecoconuts

Legend
RamFan503 said:
zn said:
Shaky said:

Well I'm worried now. I just found out that I might need brain surgery. I mean with Paul getting possibly struck by lightning and Sam maybe needing to have his ankle removed from his lower leg and reassembled. Who the hell knows what might happen to ME. :wahhh:

Doctors have confirmed that I am dying. I have anywhere from one second to 70 years left on this earth.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
bluecoconuts said:
RamFan503 said:
zn said:
Shaky said:

Doctors have confirmed that I am dying. I have anywhere from one second to 70 years left on this earth.

See?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
RamFan503 said:
bluecoconuts said:
RamFan503 said:
zn said:
Shaky said:

See?
Logans run, yo.

Iron Lion

Starter
RamFan503 said:
zn said:
Shaky said:

Brain surgery you say? If its a tumor then the Rams might draft you in the first round ;)

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Iron Lion said:
RamFan503 said:
zn said:
Shaky said:

Brain surgery you say? If its a tumor then the Rams might draft you in the first round ;)

icwutudidthar.jpg