Saquon Barkely

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
At 5'-11" 223lbs. He power cleaned 450 lbs. That's insane. He was timed in the 40 at 4.3 too.

I donor think that time will hold at the combine but still he was the fastest guy on the team.

I'll add that when he was a recruit before his Sr. season in high school, he was the second rated RB in PA. His teammate, Andre Robinson was number one. PSU landed Robinson early. With little attention given to Barkley, he was headed to Rutgers. As Penn State coaches figured that they would have some room late in the recruiting season, they decided to give him a call. I am glad they did. Robinson is nowhere near the skill level of Saquon. Recruiting is just like the draft. The rankings are not always accurate, (but I think they are much more accurate than NFL Draft rankings).

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
His name is Saquon autocorrect strikes again. If a mod would like to fix that, I would be grateful

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
He damn near beat SC all by himself....I thought you were talking about his brother at first....

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Never forget him his freshmen year when played against OSU. I remember watching him and thinking that he could have all time great (collegiate) potential....definitely an NFL running back too.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Here we go....year and a half later....

Will he run a 4.4?

EDIT: 4.41 unofficial...pretty damn good

Last edited:

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Here we go....year and a half later....

Will he run a 4.4?

EDIT: 4.41 unofficial...pretty damn good

He got a little messed up at the start. Looked nervous and was distracted by which line to put his foot behind. I think now that he has the first run down, he will run a sub 4.4, Im calling 4.38. He got a slow jump on his first run too.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He's a rare damn specimen at RB. But that aside, IF you made me the Browns' GM, I'd still take the QB I prefer at 1 overall. No way I'd risk having to accept whatever QB is left. In that range Darnold is my huckleberry, and after that it's all about building it around him.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
IF you made me the Browns' GM, I'd still take the QB I prefer at 1 overall.
I'd take Barkley....and either the DE Chubb or the DB Fitzpatrick....gotta go BPA....and what the hell is Kizer there for???

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd take Barkley....and either the DE Chubb or the DB Fitzpatrick....gotta go BPA....and what the hell is Kizer there for???

Kizer's there because they got too cute in the draft and didn't just take the effin QB.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
He got a little messed up at the start. Looked nervous and was distracted by which line to put his foot behind. I think now that he has the first run down, he will run a sub 4.4, Im calling 4.38. He got a slow jump on his first run too.

He messed up the start of the second run too. Whoever was coaching him on the forty should have known how they set. His comps are impressive. Faster split than Desean Jackson, better high jump than Julio, more bench reps than joe Thomas.

Why didn’t they do the long jump?

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
He messed up the start of the second run too. Whoever was coaching him on the forty should have known how they set. His comps are impressive. Faster split than Desean Jackson, better high jump than Julio, more bench reps than joe Thomas.

Why didn’t they do the long jump?

Noticed that too on the 2nd one. He looks so effortless when he runs....uncanny

Not sure on the long jump. I kid who works for me was streaming it, so I kept peaking in from time to time lol.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's a rare damn specimen at RB. But that aside, IF you made me the Browns' GM, I'd still take the QB I prefer at 1 overall. No way I'd risk having to accept whatever QB is left. In that range Darnold is my huckleberry, and after that it's all about building it around him.

Yea, I'd do the same. I was going to say that I might take my chances, but I wouldn't want to be sitting there at #4 and have all three of the top guys go before me (if I liked all three).

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yea, I'd do the same. I was going to say that I might take my chances, but I wouldn't want to be sitting there at #4 and have all three of the top guys go before me (if I liked all three).

The Browns pick first and fourth. If they like three QBs they could pick Barkley. At number 1 and still be guaranteed to get one of the three QBs.

I think they should go with a QB just because it is the hardest spot to fill. However, if they love Barkley and aren't crazy about the QBs then they should pick Barkley. Maybe they would pick Lauletta in round two, or Take Barkley at one and Mayfield at four. It seems he will be there still. It's going to be interesting.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Browns pick first and fourth. If they like three QBs they could pick Barkley. At number 1 and still be guaranteed to get one of the three QBs.

I think they should go with a QB just because it is the hardest spot to fill. However, if they love Barkley and aren't crazy about the QBs then they should pick Barkley. Maybe they would pick Lauletta in round two, or Take Barkley at one and Mayfield at four. It seems he will be there still. It's going to be interesting.

Oof. Well, that's an embarrassing math fail. In that case, if I liked all three of the top guys, I'm taking Barkley #1.

TexasRam

Legend
I’d take Barkley then whatever QB fell if I were the brownies.

All 3 QB’s are in that “potential” category to me.

I don’t see a Goff or Wentz. What I considered franchise locks.

Though the size and strength of Darnold and Allen are exciting.

It’s crazy to think of a RB at #1 overall but Barkley impressed at every phase of the game and every evaluation, so he’s one of those rare cant miss super talented prospects. And he immediately makes a QB comfortable and an offense relevant with his pass catching abilities.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Kizer's there because they got too cute in the draft and didn't just take the effin QB.

Kizer has intangibles....I believe he's smart....he's athletic....and I would imagine he could beat out a rookie for the starting spot in 2018.

You add a Barkley at #1....then grab Fitzpatrick at #4...your TEAM gets better around him.....hell, I don't know the Browns roster that good....but if they needed a guard, I'd grab Nelson at #4.....or I'd grab Chubb to pair with that DE from last years draft....what's his name again? BPA is actually the best way to go....Foles and Keenum showed us that last year.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kizer has intangibles....I believe he's smart....he's athletic....and I would imagine he could beat out a rookie for the starting spot in 2018.

You add a Barkley at #1....then grab Fitzpatrick at #4...your TEAM gets better around him.....hell, I don't know the Browns roster that good....but if they needed a guard, I'd grab Nelson at #4.....or I'd grab Chubb to pair with that DE from last years draft....what's his name again? BPA is actually the best way to go....Foles and Keenum showed us that last year.

Kizer won't be able to hold Darnold's jock in a competition. He would be a bridge QB while the kid settles in IMO.

Darnold's gonna be a legit QB in this league for a long time. It's apples and oranges my brother.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Kizer won't be able to hold Darnold's jock in a competition. He would be a bridge QB while the kid settles in IMO.

Darnold's gonna be a legit QB in this league for a long time. It's apples and oranges my brother.
Or....tractors and trailers?????/ ahahahahahah, LOL....Just kidding.....

Never know.....I like Darnold....A LOT.....but Kizer showed me something....and BPA is BPA....I don't see a QB better than Saquon.....Don't think one is out there better than Fitzpatrick....or Nelson.....And one of those top DE's/OLB's are gonna be special....if your current QB is decent....go BPA