Sallary Cap Looks To Be Set At 133mil And Will Most Likely Jump To 150mil In Coming Years

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the salary cap is expected to be set "at about" $133 million this season and may rise over $140 million in 2015 and $150 million in 2016.
Those would be huge increases compared to the minimal jump we saw last March. The 2014 cap could be set as soon as Friday. The $133 million cap would be a $10 million increase on last year's $123 million. With the reports of major leaps down the road, we could see fewer cap casualties and big spending next month with an eye toward the future. It's welcome news for the free-agent class.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the salary cap is expected to be set "at about" $133 million this season and may rise over $140 million in 2015 and $150 million in 2016.
Those would be huge increases compared to the minimal jump we saw last March. The 2014 cap could be set as soon as Friday. The $133 million cap would be a $10 million increase on last year's $123 million. With the reports of major leaps down the road, we could see fewer cap casualties and big spending next month with an eye toward the future. It's welcome news for the free-agent class.

I would sure be looking at getting some of this additional cap funding invested back into our current producers like DE Robert Quinn get him tied in a good long term contact ASAP even though we could wait a long while yet on him. I would also be looking @ ORT Joe Barksdale but I have a feeling he will truly want to test the UFA market next year at this time. Another TE/H-back Lance Kendricks would be another to secure even Rodney Mcleod.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
brockers, Jenkins, and T Johnsons contracts will be coming up in the next 2 years too i believe