Salas traded to Pats?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
139251d39cd14e4b8e84df4.png

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status ... 1240667136

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
a2542e82c69941718e06b29.png

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
The fuckin Patriots?!?!?! :sick: :sick:

Man, Austin Pettis better produce this year.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That's a McDaniels pick, so it makes sense (for them). I don't see the upside of *losing* Salas, but again I have mention that it's not my team and I don't have all the facts. Though, I am getting kinda tired of saying that. Salas is going to be huge on that team. Absolutely huge.

IMO.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I just realized w/ Pettis gone the 1st 2 weeks, we got:

Gibson, Smith, Amendola, Quick and Givens.

A guy comin off knee problems and 2 rooks. The other 2 are limited in what they do.

Unless Quick lights it up game 1 (which I doubt), I don't see how this is a good thing..

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Probably a tell that Salas would have been the casualty when Pettis is done with hi suspension. I liked Salas more than Pettis. At least we got something for him. 2015 draft is a long way off. Better be a 5th or 6th rounder.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I guess this explains why he wasn't that involved in the preseason. You'd think that maybe they could have showcased him a little if they were planning on dishing him. But on the other hand, I doubt Belichick would be fooled by a strong preseason.

Salas is a great short-yardage guy who can make yards out of nothing, but Pettis was always the deeper threat in the offense. I'm trying to figure out what Schottenheimer likes in receivers, but I don't think Salas or Pettis defines anything in that regard. A broken leg is a broken leg too. I dunno if that factors into anything.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
bluecoconuts said:
:huh:

It sounds like we practically tried to give him away.

Exactly that's my perception as well. I don't get it right now but we shall see if anything else unfolds. I thought Salas brought a great presence to special teams and blocking in our running game at worse... late 2015 draft pick
:shock:

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
Wow. I really hate to hear that. I thought Salas was starting to play well before the injury last year.
I heard somewhere that he was in the doghouse with the coaching staff. anybody else catch anything along those lines? Bummer.
Jeff Fisher is building His team!

GO RAMS!!!!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
rickrawk said:
Wow. I really hate to hear that. I thought Salas was starting to play well before the injury last year.
I heard somewhere that he was in the doghouse with the coaching staff. anybody else catch anything along those lines? Bummer.
Jeff Fisher is building His team!

GO RAMS!!!!
That was J.T. He said Salas "fell out of favor" with the coaching staff, but then offers nothing to support it.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Angry Ram said:
I just realized w/ Pettis gone the 1st 2 weeks, we got:

Gibson, Smith, Amendola, Quick and Givens.

A guy comin off knee problems and 2 rooks. The other 2 are limited in what they do.

Unless Quick lights it up game 1 (which I doubt), I don't see how this is a good thing..

Sorry, but I don't see Smith as "comin off knee problems" any longer. It's been 2 years, based upon his performance, I don't see any issue here.

As for this being a good thing or not, appearantly we have more needs than solutions at this point....but for the life of me, I don't understand the RB.

Speeps

Starter
This move surprised me. Quick, Givens, Amendola, Gibson, and Smith are going to be our WR's starting out the season until Pettis gets back. I have no problem with that. It's going to be a WR by committee approach. However, I really did like Salas. I guess the coaching staff realized that he's a bigger Amendola.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
BatteringRambo said:
bluecoconuts said:
:huh:

It sounds like we practically tried to give him away.

Exactly that's my perception as well. I don't get it right now but we shall see if anything else unfolds. I thought Salas brought a great presence to special teams and blocking in our running game at worse... late 2015 draft pick
:shock:
Well, I guess they were planning on cutting him and called around to anyone who might want him to get something for him.

What happened to Salas this year? He looked pretty good last year. I wish him well.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i have to say i felt a little ill when i read the news. i don't know what happened in camp but i know what i saw last season and this guy was a player.

and for him to go to those cheating patriots makes it worse. now they will probably groom him to take over from welker next season.

huhhhh, serinity now, serenity now.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Well, I've always been a gambler at most things and I've kinda liked the Rams having coaches that liked to hang it out on the edge. This coaching staff seems not to mind rolling the dice. Clemons, now Salas confirms it for me. I hate the compensation though. 2015 pick? The only way I'd take a pick that far down the road would be a 5th round conditional with the chance of it turning into a 4th or 3rd.