Salary Cap Question?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
Can anyone tell me how (If, any) do injuries affect a Team’s Salary Cap? When a team (Like the Rams!) lose a Player (Akers, Woods, etc) for the rest of the season do they get any kind of relief so they can afford to sign their placements or are they just out of luck??

ramsplaya16

The One and Only
I don’t believe anything changes. They’re still on the books and when you’re strapped against the cap and need a replacement you can only offer the vet minimum… I could be wrong though

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don’t believe anything changes. They’re still on the books and when you’re strapped against the cap and need a replacement you can only offer the vet minimum… I could be wrong though

Thanks for the quick reply/answer! I was afraid the answer was going to be something like that one! BUT, I was hoping for a better answer (BUT, I am really hoping the Rams don’t have anymore INJURIES!!!)!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Can anyone tell me how (If, any) do injuries affect a Team’s Salary Cap? When a team (Like the Rams!) lose a Player (Akers, Woods, etc) for the rest of the season do they get any kind of relief so they can afford to sign their placements or are they just out of luck??

Out of luck.

This is where the strategy around team building comes into play.

You can built your team (in theory) with a lot of good players, and mid tier contracts, perhaps good depth that way… albiet lacking star players…

Or build your team with top heavy star players (in theory) having less room for mid tier contracts and your depth is lower contract players. In this strategy, it really could sting losing star players to injury.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Or you go out and sign a player, like OBJ, right before the injury happens! ;)

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Off Topic, ... it looks like the Rams must have restructured someone as their CAP was $1.5 mil yesterday and is listed at $2.8 mil today according to Spotrac.