Saints prepared for Williams to bring the blitz

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PolarBear

Rookie
White Sulphur Springs, W.Va. --Asshole Face downplayed the matchup with former defensive coordinator Gregg Williams on Tuesday but the Saints clearly are preparing for a potential ambush in their exhibition game Friday night.

In preparation, tight end Jimmy Graham said the team has reviewed film of the Saints' 2011 preseason game against the San Francisco 49ers when Williams, then the Saints' defensive coordinator, blitzed 49ers quarterbacks repeatedly and mercilessly during the opening half.

"He (Williams) zero-blitzed four times out of (the first) nine (plays)," Graham said with a knowing smirk Wednesday after the Saints' two-hour practice. "That's who he is, and he brings it."

In the Saints' 24-3 win against the 49ers on Aug. 12, 2011, in the Superdome, the Saints sacked 49ers starting quarterback Alex Smith twice in the first quarter and hit him four other times. They sacked backup Colin Kaepernick on three consecutive plays in the second quarter. In all, they sacked 49ers quarterbacks six times, hit them 10 times and forced three fumbles.

The good news for the Saints is starting quarterback Drew Brees is not expected to play against the Rams while nursing a strained oblique.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Strained oblique my eye. He doesn't want to see that pass rush again after his trip to The Ed last year.

Big Game

Living The Dream
Now isn't that a beautiful thing to hear, teams actually preparing in "preseason" for the Rams defense!!! :nice:

FRO

Legend
Now isn't that a beautiful thing to hear, teams actually preparing in "preseason" for the Rams defense!!! :nice:
Why are they wasting their time doing that? I just don't understand why you would spend time preparing for a preseason game.

Big Game

Living The Dream
Why are they wasting their time doing that? I just don't understand why you would spend time preparing for a preseason game.

They are preparing for it because they know he will bring it like he did when we was there defensive coach. I'm sure its not an extensive preparation like you would do during the regular season but just heads up so his team doesn't get embarrassed again. lol

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Don't know if you watch preseason ? As a long time Ram fan,there is nothing better than hearing this.
This means no vanilla in preseason.It also means The Rams defense from day one are playing like a team instead of leaving a player exposed.

I'd rather Williams find out about a player really fitting in to his strengths,than just believing.

The Rams being aggressive day one puts a different attitude inns players head.Why turn on and off a switch.I say use the power 24/7.

It is next player standing.The defense gets to dictate to the offense if what is going to happen.It's called dominance.

Ram fans pay to see these home games .Why deprive them of watching there team play an exciting style ? I just wish we were playing the Niners.Pip them in the mouth already,but that is going to have to wait.

Count on it !! Levi Stadium will be a fun place for The Rams this season.

F--- You Ready For Some Football MF'er ?

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
The good news for the Saints is starting quarterback Drew Brees is not expected to play against the Rams while nursing a strained oblique.

I really like that teams think it's good news that their QB is hurt just so they don't have to play against our defense. :)

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
Pity the fool, backup Saints QB, that will be the fodder for the D on Friday. :censored:

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
"No Vanilla " should be this preseason's theme. The young players need to experience real game conditions from the start. Bring the pain.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
"No Vanilla " should be this preseason's theme. The young players need to experience real game conditions from the start. Bring the pain.
Ehh...i'd like to see Vanilla swirl on defense. :D I'd prefer to unleash Hell vs Minnesota.
I would like our offense to "open up" a little and get some things done, since the O is always a behind the D this time of year.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Ehh...i'd like to see Vanilla swirl on defense. :D I'd prefer to unleash Hell vs Minnesota.
I would like our offense to "open up" a little and get some things done, since the O is always a behind the D this time of year.
I just want all the players to get game ready in preseason games so there isn't any issues ramping up in the opener.

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
i'd rather see them dominate is all facets .... that is all

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
We're screwed, they know our game plan. Lol

And

What? He never does that. Haha