Saints at Vikings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Poor Marcus Williams. At first I thought it was the worst whiff ever, but now that I know he was trying to avoid the PI, it doesn’t seem quite so bad. And if he makes the tackle but pushes Diggs out of bounds he is the goat, too. So not as easy a play as it looks.

IMHO Williams made a bad play but not a catastrophically stupid one... I hope the kid bounces back from this, because he’s gonna have to deal with it forever.

The defensive coaches should take some of the blame, too.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
i don't care. i would cut him before they board the plane and make him pay his own way home. send a message to the team, you wanna throw a game get the freak out of our organisation.

So if it had been us in that spot and John Johnson had made the error you’d feel the same?

Dudes a 2nd round draft pick who started all year. QBs had a 19.9 rating when targeting him this season. He had a pick of Keenum earlier in the game to spin the momentum back in their favour. The narrative all season has been the saints amazing rookie class. These guys (assuming you can replace Brees) are set up to be good for a long time. Cutting a key piece doesn’t help you with that.

If you cut a guy for one mistake that doesn’t send a message that failure won’t be tolerated, it sends the message that you don’t have each other’s back. These guys are human, not robots. They all make mistakes. His happened to be at the worst possible time, and of course he has to make that play. You can’t pin the failure of an entire season on him though, that’s just completely unfair.

The Ramowl

Starter
I had to go to bed at the beginning of the first quarter (it was 1:30 am), did not expect the game to end that way.

I am super stoked for Case, he is an amazing dude, I'm rooting for him and for the jags now.
Also, i think I would rather see my team lose in the Wild card round than to have to live what the Saints fans lived yesterday. That must be heartbraking, especially after recovering from an 17-0 deficit at half time.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So if it had been us in that spot and John Johnson had made the error you’d feel the same?

Dudes a 2nd round draft pick who started all year. QBs had a 19.9 rating when targeting him this season. He had a pick of Keenum earlier in the game to spin the momentum back in their favour. The narrative all season has been the saints amazing rookie class. These guys (assuming you can replace Brees) are set up to be good for a long time. Cutting a key piece doesn’t help you with that.

If you cut a guy for one mistake that doesn’t send a message that failure won’t be tolerated, it sends the message that you don’t have each other’s back. These guys are human, not robots. They all make mistakes. His happened to be at the worst possible time, and of course he has to make that play. You can’t pin the failure of an entire season on him though, that’s just completely unfair.

John Johnson is a smart player. Last play of the game, he wouldn't go rushing in like that. He'd identify if he was gonna be able to break up the pass and if he couldn't he would ensure he was there to make the tackle.

Now if it was ogletree I'd assume we'd get the same result as the poor saints fans.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I had to go to bed at the beginning of the first quarter (it was 1:30 am), did not expect the game to end that way.

I am super stoked for Case, he is an amazing dude, I'm rooting for him and for the jags now.
Also, i think I would rather see my team lose in the Wild card round than to have to live what the Saints fans lived yesterday. That must be heartbraking, especially after recovering from an 17-0 deficit at half time.

Superbowl 36 ring a bell?

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Steve Gleason‏Verified account@TeamGleason 19h19 hours ago

Marcus Williams had a spectacular rookie season, and could have a stellar career. He was trying to make the right decision and not interfere. As a competitor, I'm sure he's crushed. I invite Nola to be encouraging and supportive as well as we move on. -SG

Steve Gleason‏Verified account@TeamGleason 20h20 hours ago

Congratulations to the Vikings. I'm so in shock I can't move. -SG

5:31 PM - 14 Jan 2018

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Last night I probably watched the finish to this one 6 times.

It's going to go down as a classic and definitely a mainstay on countdown shows of the "greatest finishes" in the history of the game.

I love Joe Buck's call too.

This was a fun game!

Montanaramfan

Rookie
Did anyone else think Payton got too conservative with that third down call before the field goal? I'm not saying this in hindsight but I know when I was watching it I was thinking they should pass it for the first down. After Brees had marched down the field in no time, all they had to do was run a bunch formation, run a combo route and hit a one yard pass. If they get a first down, they run the clock down to four seconds then kick the field goal. I realize if it's incomplete the Vikings have one time out yet but Payton has one of the best QBs in the history of the game back there and he was on fire. I'm sure Payton is probably more bothered by that play call than by the rookie DB who missed the tackle.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Last night I probably watched the finish to this one 6 times.

It's going to go down as a classic and definitely a mainstay on countdown shows of the "greatest finishes" in the history of the game.

I love Joe Buck's call too.

This was a fun game!
It was a Wild One!! I don't know if I have ever seen a Playoff game with so many Lead changes in the Last few minutes of Play!!! Totally unbelievable!!!

Psycho_X

Legend
I used to kind of like Asshole Face years ago but every year I think I dislike him more and more. After this season he probably should learn to quit taunting fans and the other team before the clock turns zero.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-it-was-good-playoff-fun?campaign=Twitter_atn
DTorNnOVAAEFyF4.jpg:large

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...n-regrets-choking-gesture-directed-at-freeman
choke_1512717390166_11902015_ver1.0.PNG

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

The funny thing about him gesturing choking is his team lost in a more unlosable position than the falcons were in last year in the superbowl.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did anyone else think Payton got too conservative with that third down call before the field goal? I'm not saying this in hindsight but I know when I was watching it I was thinking they should pass it for the first down. After Brees had marched down the field in no time, all they had to do was run a bunch formation, run a combo route and hit a one yard pass. If they get a first down, they run the clock down to four seconds then kick the field goal. I realize if it's incomplete the Vikings have one time out yet but Payton has one of the best QBs in the history of the game back there and he was on fire. I'm sure Payton is probably more bothered by that play call than by the rookie DB who missed the tackle.

Yes I agree.

I thought they might run the ball because their run game has been so good this year.

But at the end of the day - do you want to put the game in the hands of a running back and then your defense? Or a top 5 all time QB??

Brees is also pretty good sneaking..