Saffold

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
After years of being one of the whipping boys of Rams fans, Saffold is out there earning his contract this year. Maybe being next to Whitworth makes his job easier, maybe the improved scheme helps him get and keep leverage - but he is playing really well right now. Good thing we didn't cut him because we thought he had been overpayed, huh?

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
After years of being one of the whipping boys of Rams fans, Saffold is out there earning his contract this year. Maybe being next to Whitworth makes his job easier, maybe the improved scheme helps him get and keep leverage - but he is playing really well right now. Good thing we didn't cut him because we thought he had been overpayed, huh?

Great, now you jinxed it!!!! lol

:hiding:

Psycho_X

Legend
I've been hard on Saffold in the past mostly due to his unreliability but he's always been a capable player. Having reliable teammates beside you helps a ton on the o-line as well. That left side from center down is so technically sound and in sync now they are the wall we've dreamed about having. I can't fault any performance issues Saffold may have had over the years with him playing almost every single position at one point and having to play between the junk we have had at LT and center over the years.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
I've been hard on Saffold in the past mostly due to his unreliability but he's always been a capable player. Having reliable teammates beside you helps a ton on the o-line as well. That left side from center down is so technically sound and in sync now they are the wall we've dreamed about having. I can't fault any performance issues Saffold may have had over the years with him playing almost every single position at one point and having to play between the junk we have had at LT and center over the years.

Yup, he's where he's most effective and as long as this OL stays healthy, this team will compete every week.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Scaffold is a very good guard when he's healthy. That's always been the issue.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Always was a favorite of mine....he's pumping the guys up pregame....and he blocks his weight...

Injuries are the only concern with him.

fearsomefour

Legend
I never thought he should have been cut for a couple of reasons. In 2015 he had a good year. He was not too far removed from a relatively high level of play. Also, the Rams didn't have much else.
Better scheme. Whitworth helps. And despite all the unwarranted bashing he tended to take here, the guy has skills.

fearsomefour

Legend
Always was a favorite of mine....he's pumping the guys up pregame....and he blocks his weight...

Injuries are the only concern with him.
Really nice play on Sunday when both Saffold and Brown got to the second level and blocked LBs. Ability was never Saffolds problem.
I remember several posters here commenting about Gs getting to the second level in McVays system. Saffold certainly fits that ability description.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
The OL is playing well as a unit and Havenstein has played great the last two weeks.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm terrified to even discuss injury and Saffold in the same conversation. I think we should just enjoy that he's been healthy for a nice run now and is playing well.

He's a guy who isn't going to anchor a line but he's definitely an above average OG. He's a pro. And I'm real happy we have him that's for sure.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My only issue with Him was his inability to stay healthy always thought he was a good player

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
There was a block last week that Sullivan made. I'm trying to remember the play. But he was completely beat on a stretch run play.

Sullivan won with incredible leverage and technique. Ended up flipping the player from his right side all the way to his left and sealed him out of the hole.

That is just one example specific example I have from the game vs. Seattle.

I know this is a Saffold play, I just agree with the post above that the whole unit is playing well. You can tell they know what they are supposed to do and are schemed in a way that helps them succeed.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
At this point I'm sure glad the Raiduhs succumb to peer pressure. Suckahs!