Saffold

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
He is a pretty decent tackle, but he is a damn good guard. I would put some money into keeping him.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think a good guard is gonna pull more $ than an average tackle

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Pay the man beast Saffold , where are you going to get a OG like him????

shake-n-bake

Rookie
I hope he stays but.... if he doesnt that would be one of the first things we draft in 2014. But I do agree signing him at Guard would make perfect sense.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
If he stays healthy the rest of the season it should be considered. Big "IF."

jap

Legend
Well, he's certainly auditioning right now. Don't believe for an instant that the Fisher King and Professor Bou aren't taking detailed notes.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Pay the man beast Saffold , where are you going to get a OG like him????
Nowhere, because of his versatility, yeah, yeah, he's injury prone, blah, blah. Like I said before, back his ass up in the draft.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Cut Finnegan. Use the dollars on Saffold.

One less hole to fill.

Then again, this team needs a kitty for Quinn and Bradford. We have these contracts looming, with Brockers not far behind.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Nowhere, because of his versatility, yeah, yeah, he's injury prone, blah, blah. Like I said before, back his ass up in the draft.

If we are to use the evidence of the past two off-seasons & the last two NFL drafts....Snead & Fisher have a proven track record of

#1-Not drafting any OL'er on day one or day two of the NFL drafts. (evidence we have none on the roster)
#2-Use the UFA to hunt & buy veteran starting OL'ers.(evidenced by six OL'ers-OLT Jake Long, OC Scott Wells & ORT Barry Richardson, OLG Chris Williams, OC/OLG Larry Turner, Quinn Ojinnaka )
#3-Use the wavier wire cheap bargain hunting OL'er from other teams for non vets starters & reserves (evidenced by six Ol'ers-Joe Barksdale, Shelley Smith, Tim Barnes, Mike Persons, Brandon Washington & Ty Nsekhe.
#4-Will trade for veteran Ol'ers. (Wayne Hunter)

When Rodge Saffold goes into UFA'cy he would fit into #2 category. It should be a done deal then.:bigup:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Since Boudreau inserted Rodger Saffold as starter @ OG Rams have scored 80 pts in two games and the Rams rushing attack is off the chain! think there anything to this??/

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Since Boudreau inserted Rodger Saffold as starter @ OG Rams have scored 80 pts in two games and the Rams rushing attack is off the chain! think there anything to this??/

I'll bite.

Yes! :nau:

Slappy967

Starter
Yeah absolute monster at Guard so far and a big reason for the improved run game Hope he buys in to what we are doing enough that he takes less to stay here and play guard.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
He's been the monster that we've always wanted.