Saffold Staying At RG?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Don't like it, Saffold will be injury prone regardless of if he's playing LT, RT or RG if you're expecting Saffold to be a permanent solution at any position you're just opening your self up to having a hole somewhere on your line.
Yep. I'm fully on board with using Saffold wherever we need him the rest of the season and then saying bye bye.
Fragile football players aren't good football players.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Saffold may have increased his value from the stance of being able to play multiple positions...but he surely hasn't increased his value as a dependable player.

The NFL has a funny way of working things out sometimes...Saffold may get out on the market next year and decide his best opportunity could be right here. For example...what if he gets out there and the best offer he gets is a chance to compete for a tackle spot or serve as a swing tackle...but here in St.Louis they offer him a chance to start at G...? Which is more desirable? I guess it's what he finds more valuable in that situation.

F. Mulder

Starter
No telling if the Rams will finally break out Barrett the remaining 6 games left...but Boudreau may want to see what Barrett can do during a NFL game??? I bet you if we do see him it will NOT be @ center. Here's an interesting thing ..OLT/ORT Rodger Saffold is 6ft 4 1/2 inch tall ...Barrett Jones is the same height. Saffold has 9 -3/8 inch hands...Jones has 10-1/4 hands...Saffold has 33 5/8 arms...Barrett has 34 1/4 inch arms....both completed 27 bench reps in the combine...Jones is always though of as more pure center than any other OL position but his body size is more similar to a ORT. Barrett started only 14 games @ center but started 35 other Bama games @ OG & OT. Think it would be a short sale on Barrett to call him just a center

Thanks for the insight on Barnes. I don't consider Jones to be a pure Center but didn't realize he could play Tackle. I think they keep Jones inactive all year and think they will have a real solid OL'er in Jones next season as he uses this season to mentally learn the positions and NFL as well as getting his body NFL ready. JMO.

V3

Hall of Fame
The only way I see the Rams re-signing Saffold is if he agrees to a one year "prove it" contract and he plays OG. I don't see Saffold agreeing to either.