Saffold ready to contribute at right tackle

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
brokeu91 said:
Selassie I said:
I like Rodger's attitude. He's out to prove shyte on the field,,, I can hear it in his voice.

Kick some freaking ass Rodg!
I agree. The dilemma is what if Rodger does awesome this year and is a free agent? Is he even willing to sign with the Rams because he felt slighted? I'm not sure if what he's saying isn't just teak-speak, but really how he feels. Our O line is going to rely on him

Gotta sign him during the year IMO.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
LesBaker said:
brokeu91 said:
Selassie I said:
I like Rodger's attitude. He's out to prove shyte on the field,,, I can hear it in his voice.

Kick some freaking ass Rodg!
I agree. The dilemma is what if Rodger does awesome this year and is a free agent? Is he even willing to sign with the Rams because he felt slighted? I'm not sure if what he's saying isn't just teak-speak, but really how he feels. Our O line is going to rely on him

Gotta sign him during the year IMO.

That's probably right.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
MontrealRam said:
It would certainly be nice if Saffold has a great year, has fun, wants to stay and everybody lives happily ever after. But what are the salary cap implications here? If Saffold wants/deserves Long-type money how is this going to affect us elsewhere? What is next year's draft looking like, OT-wise? Would it not be smarter/better/necessary to use one of our firsts next spring on a starting OT and save our cap money for elsewhere?

Yes, it would have been smart to have drafted a future ORT sometime in 2012 & 2013 but looks like Snead & Fisher does not like to draft OL'ers on the first or second days of the draft. Seems they like to wait till the last day.

As far as cap money used elsewhere looks like to me that a pocket passer like Sam Bradford does not do very well when he has Rams OL's like he has had in 2010-2011 & 2012. I have no ideal where cap $$$ would be needed more? Not sure that the Rams will be able to find a starting ORT/Swing OT wrapped up all in one drafting late in the first round. Those picks are usually gone in the top 10. Fisher has done very little in preparing for Saffold's future departure....unless you think that Chris Williams, Ty Nsekhe or Joe Barksdale are future Rodger Saffold's. Maybe Harvey Dahl may be pressed back to ORT post? I would like Saffold to stay.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
If Saffold stays healthy and plays well this year, he's more valuable than Dahl or Wells next year. Those two may be gone and their money better spent on Rodger.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
max said:
If Saffold stays healthy and plays well this year, he's more valuable than Dahl or Wells next year. Those two may be gone and their money better spent on Rodger.

Excellent point and I think that right there represents about 8 mil doesn't it?