Saffold Or Verner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Verner or Saffold?

• Total voters

jap

Legend
I am still hoping The Fisher King will make Beetlejuice an offer he can't refuse.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I am still hoping The Fisher King will make Beetlejuice an offer he can't refuse.

Yes jap....if there was any position where the Rams could over to do it some is with Saffold...big gamble but there are so many issues involved in the current Ram OL that in truth the Rams are simply forced into over paying here. I sure would make every 2014 OL plans without even considering Saffold here. Then by a slight chance Saffold does return into the Ram starting OL then with Saffold you might have a average middle of the road NFL OL for once. Wouldn't that be nice for Sam Bradford.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Yes jap....if there was any position where the Rams could over to do it some is with Saffold...big gamble but there are so many issues involved in the current Ram OL that in truth the Rams are simply forced into over paying here. I sure would make every 2014 OL plans without even considering Saffold here. Then by a slight chance Saffold does return into the Ram starting OL then with Saffold you might have a average middle of the road NFL OL for once. Wouldn't that be nice for Sam Bradford.
I think if we resign Saffold and take one of Matthews/Robinson our OL will be well above middle of the road...assuming Long returns healthy at least.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Contract talks begin with Saffold today. No doubt Saffold is the big fish for the Rams. Therefore I think it's much more likely we get Saffold over Verner. (I voted Verner).

Fisher also said he'd like to bring back C. Williams. If we have Wells, B. Jones, Williams, Saffold, and a second round G in the mix, I really doubt we go OL in the first round. Fishers's draft history supports that. He likes playmakers high or DL. Watkins is looking more likely to me all the time. If not Watkins, we trade down too low, then I like Evans.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I voted Verner.

Better $ per snap ratio if I had to guess. Saffold just can't stay healthy.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Contract talks begin with Saffold today. No doubt Saffold is the big fish for the Rams. Therefore I think it's much more likely we get Saffold over Verner. (I voted Verner).

Fisher also said he'd like to bring back C. Williams. If we have Wells, B. Jones, Williams, Saffold, and a second round G in the mix, I really doubt we go OL in the first round. Fishers's draft history supports that. He likes playmakers high or DL. Watkins is looking more likely to me all the time. If not Watkins, we trade down too low, then I like Evans.

Our starting center Scott Wells for two back to back Ram seasons on the IR'd & three surgeries & rehabbing events???

Chris Williams was the weakest link in a weak OL in 2013.

Barrett Jones has yet to get on the field as a Ram

Then here we sit and think that the resigning of Rodger Saffold is the cure-all for what ells the 2014 Ram OL. His resigning would mean we have the major fix of the 2014 Ram OL?

In 2013 Rodger Saffold could only finish 8 games as a starter. Saffold started his first pre season game @ ORT in the first series Saffold suffered a dislocated shoulder never played again in preseason. This same OL'er opened the 2013 season @ ORT then very early first half second game Saffold suffered a a MCL knee sprain who was carted off the field. Saffold did not start @ ORT again. Saffold was beat out of his starting post by Joe Barksdale. On 11-10-13 Saffold started @ ORG week 10. Week 17 Saffold was injured for the third time of the season with a concussion was helped off the field & did not return.

In 2012 Saffold could only finish 7 regular games due to 3 different injuries.
2012-injured did not return 12-9-2012
2012-injured knee in 2nd game did not return on 9-16-2012
2012-inujured neck/head 1st game did not return on 9-9-2012

In 2011 Saffold was only able to finish 7 regular season games due to 3 different injuries
Saffold was injured ankle in Packers game did not return 10-16-2011
Saffold injured concussion in Browns game did not return 11-13-2011
Saffold injured torn pectoral placed on IR for the remaining 2011 season

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Our starting center Scott Wells for two back to back Ram seasons on the IR'd & three surgeries & rehabbing events???

Chris Williams was the weakest link in a weak OL in 2013.

Barrett Jones has yet to get on the field as a Ram

Then here we sit and think that the resigning of Rodger Saffold is the cure-all for what ells the 2014 Ram OL. His resigning would mean we have the major fix of the 2014 Ram OL?

In 2013 Rodger Saffold could only finish 8 games as a starter. Saffold started his first pre season game @ ORT in the first series Saffold suffered a dislocated shoulder never played again in preseason. This same OL'er opened the 2013 season @ ORT then very early first half second game Saffold suffered a a MCL knee sprain who was carted off the field. Saffold did not start @ ORT again. Saffold was beat out of his starting post by Joe Barksdale. On 11-10-13 Saffold started @ ORG week 10. Week 17 Saffold was injured for the third time of the season with a concussion was helped off the field & did not return.

In 2012 Saffold could only finish 7 regular games due to 3 different injuries.
2012-injured did not return 12-9-2012
2012-injured knee in 2nd game did not return on 9-16-2012
2012-inujured neck/head 1st game did not return on 9-9-2012

In 2011 Saffold was only able to finish 7 regular season games due to 3 different injuries
Saffold was injured ankle in Packers game did not return 10-16-2011
Saffold injured concussion in Browns game did not return 11-13-2011
Saffold injured torn pectoral placed on IR for the remaining 2011 season

Sooo you're saying we should target more interior linemen outside the first round. I love Sammy, too, man. I agree! :D

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Oh no doubt, Quinn>Saffold, Verner. I am sure Demoff has already factored that in for the future though. He could give them both front heavy contracts and give Quinn a contract which most is paid in the middle of his contract. He will find a way, I have faith in his ability to mesh the contracts together to the best.
Great response Mr. Tron... Demoff is a bad ass with contracts i.e. Jake Long contract. If we wanted to sign both Verner and Saffold he'd find a way with enough room to take care of Sam's and Quinn's contract in the future. I'm thinking Sam's will defiantly be more cost friendly for the next seasons which will help us re-sign Mr. Quinn.